Old 01-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm glad you've decided to stay with IP as well. It sounds like maybe your doctor's worry is that this diet would add stress to your life. But I think it may very well help to take stress away. There's also that wonderful feeling of accomplishment as the pounds melt away.
Even though I have fallen off the wagon with IP a few times over the past few months, I know that when I follow protocol I feel better, sleep better and am just generally happier. I think that would mostly complement other treatments.
But, I am also not a doctor. I believe you should definitely have a good discussion about it with your doctor to put you mind at ease that you are doing the right thing.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Hi Pookee! Glad you are thinking this through some more and deciding what you want to do. I think the others have given you a lot to think about, I am just going to say, decide what is best for you and stick with it long enough to have enough time to be able to evaluate your decision. Good luck to you!!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 01-02-2011 at 02:34 PM.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #18  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Hi pookee, I just read this thread a few minutes ago. I usually only read the daily chat, but tonight I read several other threads. How are you doing? Let us hear from you. Judy
petiteandcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post
I'm neither a doctor nor one of the many types of also-not-doctors who nevertheless dispense health information professionally, but how do YOU feel about stopping? Is there another plan that your advisor could recommend that wouldn't compromise other treatments? Are there other professionals whose advice you trust who could give you a second opinion?

Forgive me if I sound a little baffled; I just don't think I've yet heard of anyone in a health-related profession actually tell a client to stop trying to achieve a normal weight as long as it was being done safely. There must have been extenuating circumstances, but...even so, it may be wise to consult someone else, perhaps someone with a different approach such as a conventional medical doctor, just to gain greater perspective on your options.

I wish you good luck and good health regardless of your ultimate decision.
Spot on. Make sure you are not sabotaging your efforts or writing an excuse note. I have no way of knowing--just sayin'.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Does anyone know how I can change the title of this thread? It sounds a tad dramatic
I don't think you should change the name of the thread.. it is what brought me here in the first place.. I have wondered about what Drs. think. My husband suggested asking the Dr. about this diet when I first started. I didn't want to know what the dr. thought... LOL just in case he said stop the diet. I haven't felt this good in years.... and it is a lesson in itself.
I am 57 years old and weighed more than I ever have.. and weight has been a focus for me forever!.. I'd be well over 200 pounds if I hadn't cared. Be it vanity or health reasons...
I felt like crap and was starting to believe that this is what happens when you get older.... more sluggish... achy...Even my husband said women get heavier when they get older!
I am so happy to have dropped 25 pounds.. I feel so much better about myself, my clothes that I haven't been able to wear for years are lose on me. My husband is going on the first trip ever to the tropics with me in 2 weeks..
I have more energy.. but.. still haven't got things under control... some days are harder than others... I was just about ready to quit this diet cause the scale wasn't moving, but lost one more pound this morning so I'm back on track... the challenge will be keeping it off in Cuba.. land of carbs. and sugar.
Good luck to you. I have heard that some people have better health after being on this diet. I certainly feel healthier. Be positive..
I think if you were to change anything it would be your name... something less pokey... like "the energizer".. Have a good one... and let the corners of your mouth reach up to your eyebrows... it's called a smile. Something you will be doing more as you reach your health goals....
Lightweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #21  

*delete*

Last edited by pookee; 02-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #22  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
I did stay on the diet for 2 weeks, but have been off since last Monday as stress had gotten the best of me. The interesting thing is that I saw my heilkunst practitioner on Thursday, who of course asked me if I was still on IP. She explained that the problem with a lot of these diets is that we are losing the "wrong type of fat", that we're losing from our breasts and the fat supporting our organs but we're keeping the fat on our thighs, etc. I didn't really understand it - has anyone else heard of this??
REALLY? May I ask you what this practitioner KNOWS about IP? What research has she done?

I personally lost 9 inches from my thighs (EACH thigh), 15 inches from my waist, and only 9 inches off my chest. Maybe that is not true for others. I don't believe that we are losing the fat that supports our organs. That fat is brown fat. It is activated to burn the white/yellow fat over the rest of our body.

If someone were already close to thin, MAYBE, it would be possible to also burn some of the essential fat, but, honestly, this diet is very carefully designed to help us burn the right kinds of fat, keep the health of our organs, and retain as much lean muscle as possible and that we need.

I would try to learn from her what she already knows about IP.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-17-2011 at 01:33 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #23  

*delete*

Last edited by pookee; 02-03-2011 at 11:57 PM.
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote