Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #46  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Thank you Rosemary for the wonderful post.

I love all the ideas, support and inspiration I get from all of you fantastic people here. I am so grateful for all of you.

Second WI tomorrow. I'm hanging tough and staying on program 100% as spelled out by my coach.

More than anything, I know that I am NOT gaining one pound this holiday season and I LOVE THAT!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Hi all. I am reposting this message as I was down and out on Friday with a horrible 24 hour flu. I think I lost weight just that day, but not the way I want to lose it. Anyways, looking forward to any comments or suggestions. Here it is:

I am having an issue with my hands.

Not sure if it is weather-related --- since it has been bitterly cold here in southwestern Ontario, but has anyone else out there had problems with dry and cracked skin --- especially on the fingertips?

This has been happening to me now for about the past 3 weeks. The cracks do eventually heal, but it seems to take a long time and then a new crack appears.

I have been using Aveeno hand cream twice during the day and also lathering it on at night.

I have three fingers on which the corner near the nail has cracked open. Very sore and painful --- especially when typing. This is not good as I am a legal secretary and do lots of typing.

Could it be from a deficiency in not eating the dairy, fruits, etc.?

Looking to hear from anyone with similar complaints or any suggestions?

Thanks!
L
I feel for you. I've just been sick too, but not with the flu.. I had a bad head and chest cold. For 12 days...
regarding your hands. I get the same thing in the summer time from working in the garden without gloves. I would definitely wear gloves. But also, we notice the major difference in the humidity in the house when the weather outside gets much colder.. you might check that out. We try to keep our house at 45-50 . A similar cream to what was suggested in the states, here in Canada I have used bag balm. It is used for chapped utters, but is also sold for hands. Or lather on some Vaseline cover with gloves before you go to sleep, works great for the heels too.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #48  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
After six great weeks on IP, I have been unexpectedly hungry often this week! I have no idea what that's about because I have and continue to stick to Protocol strictly. I have not exercised at all during this period either.:
I'm not sure where you live, but it could be the cold -- or if you're out in the cold a fair amount of time. Regardless, you're safe taking an additional half or whole packet, water, water, water, and make sure you have some of your protein about an hour before you go to bed. Hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #49  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Hi,

I just finished my first week on IP and lost 8 lbs. on WI #1. I'm very pleased. I'm also happy that I am good with the taste of the food.
Looking at recipes and combing through the posts.

Thank you for contributing for us newbies. :-)
Old 12-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyiris View Post
Hi,

I just finished my first week on IP and lost 8 lbs. on WI #1. I'm very pleased. I'm also happy that I am good with the taste of the food.
Looking at recipes and combing through the posts.

Thank you for contributing for us newbies. :-)

Congrats! It will be the first loss of many
Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #51  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

I'm Svelting, Thank you, thank you for taking care of me.

Traveling Stitcher, hope you have found the recipe you want.

Rosemary, thank you for the wonderful post. I think we all need to reflect on the changes that have taken place in our lives, in addition to the lower numbers on the scales. We have so much to be thankful for and some of the little things or those that could go unnoticed are the most important.

New people, welcome and let the people on this forum help you, encourage you and support you.

To everyone, today I thought back to where I was last year at this time. it is almost hard to imagine the changes in my looks, my health and my feelings. I am very thankful. Judy
Old 12-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

darbs- i took it for anxiety attacks but its technically labeled an anti depressent/anti anxiety medicine
Old 12-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!
I have been putting away lots of clothes that are too big on me, so last week I realize that I have no pants to wear except for two pairs of jeans. Some tops still fit but are a lot looser. So I went out shopping to get a few items to get buy until I reach my goal. I took some leggins and it was a great feeling to fit in size s/m. Then I got some sweaters and tops in medium which were too big, so I tried the small sizes and they fit. I even fit into a junior small. I never even looked at clothes in that section. Tomorrow I'm going out again to find some pants for work. I use to hate going shopping but not anymore!!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
To everyone, today I thought back to where I was last year at this time. it is almost hard to imagine the changes in my looks, my health and my feelings. I am very thankful. Judy
OMG! I may be the only person, other than you, who looks at the determined little chick (and only one of us coveteously), so I just noticed you are ONE POUND, one measly pound from your goal. You must be ecstatic.

If you don't mind, again, I'm going to adopt her for the last push. Starting on the 17th.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #55  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Hi everyone!
I have been putting away lots of clothes that are too big on me, so last week I realize that I have no pants to wear except for two pairs of jeans. Some tops still fit but are a lot looser. So I went out shopping to get a few items to get buy until I reach my goal. I took some leggins and it was a great feeling to fit in size s/m. Then I got some sweaters and tops in medium which were too big, so I tried the small sizes and they fit. I even fit into a junior small. I never even looked at clothes in that section. Tomorrow I'm going out again to find some pants for work. I use to hate going shopping but not anymore!!
I know how you feel. I haven't enjoyed shopping for clothes for the past 8 or 10 years, because I was gaining weight. Last fall I bought 2 pair of slacks, size 14 with elastic waist. I had a hernia from a surgery and lots of extra weight. I had hernia repair surgery Jan. 28 of this year and May 25 I started on IP. Wow! What a difference now. I have really enjoyed shopping this fall. I had kept some sweater tops and wool jackets from the late 90's when I was this size. I have bought pants, jeans, tops, jackets and plan to year them as long as I want, because I plan to stay this size. Petite small tops, petite short size 6 pants, jacket size 6. I have bought a pair of leggins and a long sweater, haven't worn that outfit yet. For the past few summers I felt like I had to wear a camp shirt and an elastic waist capri, which made me feel older than I was. Now I can wear fitted clothing, including a belt. If any one thinks I am bragging, I'm not, I'm just telling it like it is. I was fat and now I'm not. The great thing is anyone can get to the same place I am now. We all have a different body shape, but we can all get to our ideal body weight. Believe me this journey has taken longer than I thought it would, but the 54 pounds I have lost over the past 7 months took many years to get there, so at the end of the day I guess that's not so bad. It's not what doesn't happen each day or how long it takes, but the results at the end. Till later, Judy
Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #56  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
OMG! I may be the only person, other than you, who looks at the determined little chick (and only one of us coveteously), so I just noticed you are ONE POUND, one measly pound from your goal. You must be ecstatic.

If you don't mind, again, I'm going to adopt her for the last push. Starting on the 17th.
I am glad I chose the determinded little chick, not realizing at the time how much she and I have in common. She has been a great reminder that I can do this, even if it takes me longer than most. I feel honored that you want to adopt her for your last push. You had better do so. ( new people who read this post will think that you and I think that we have a monoply on the determinded little chick.)

I am more excited about the results than I am about reaching my goal. Some of the chicks have talked about gaining a few pounds after phasing off. I am thinking about getting just a few pounds below 120, just in case. I haven't decided yet. I am still on phase one this week, I take it one week at the time. I know I will probably go to phase 2 soon. I know you and the determinded little chick will also obtain your goal. Judy
Old 12-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #57  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I am more excited about the results than I am about reaching my goal. Some of the chicks have talked about gaining a few pounds after phasing off. I am thinking about getting just a few pounds below 120, just in case.
Again, congratulations. And I need to correct my typo. I meant the 27th. By then I hope to be shed of one of the pain medications. I think that will help.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #58  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default This thread is now closed.

The new daily thread is now open. Please multi-quote any responses from this thread. Then, cut and paste your responses in the new thread.

Monday, December 20th, 2010 Daily Chat
Old 12-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #59  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Again, congratulations. And I need to correct my typo. I meant the 27th. By then I hope to be shed of one of the pain medications. I think that will help.
I assumed you meant the 17th of Jan., but do you mean the 27th. of Dec.? Congratulations oncoming off of one medication, that's a step in the right direction. What are your plans concerning Germany?
Old 12-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #60  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I assumed you meant the 17th of Jan., but do you mean the 27th. of Dec.? Congratulations oncoming off of one medication, that's a step in the right direction. What are your plans concerning Germany?
If all goes well and the creek don't rise and Newark and the Berlin airports are open, we (the puppy, the 18-year old cat and I) are on our way on the 11th of January.

I've been in limbo the past few weeks, phasing off as my coach thought best. In retrospect, and not having left on time, I think it was a mistake and have decided to go back to Phase 1 and stay there until I reach goal, regardless of the 3-day flight (s) and other impediments. I picked the 27th because that's the beginning of the new challenge. Fortunately I've held my own, gaining a pound then losing it. So I'll be right back where I was when I started Phase 2. Cheers.
Closed Thread