Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Well it happened! I went for WI #8 and thanks to TOM (and not exactly hunky Tom Brady from the New Englad Patriots) I did not loose. I went up less than a pound about .8 so my coach told me it's all water retention and I should be fine next week. We'll see. I am not changing my profile. I know next week will make up for it. Hopefully!!! Thanks everyone for your motivation and support. Thank you Rosemary for the beautiful words of inspiration. You have touched many of of us in this forum.

Ana
Old 12-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #17  

I just placed my second order of miracle nooddles, but this time I got the variety pack (angel hair, fettuccine and rice). I started with angel hair and they were very good. Has anyone tried the fetuccini? How about the miracle rice? Is it rice pasta or grain rice?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #18  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I went up less than a pound about .8 so my coach told me it's all water retention and I should be fine next week.
I think you're fine now. Someone who lost 25 pounds in 7 weeks must be doing something right.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I think you're fine now. Someone who lost 25 pounds in 7 weeks must be doing something right.
Thank you! I guess I follow protocol as closed to 100% as am able and added restricted on week #5 when I started exercising. I guess I'm highly carb sensitive and that's why I got these results. Before IP no diet ever worked for me. Not even Adkins. I'm very happy I found this porgam, but even happier that I found this blog. Everyone here is so supportive!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #20  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Headed to a xmas party at a friends home tonight. She thankfully knows how hard I have been working so no one should be pushing sweets at me. I had a good supper and now am wishing for some restricted snacks to take with me to keep the edge off. Good thing I ordered some for next week. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #21  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I had a couple of really cool NSVs today - I was out shopping for my mom's Christmas present at Eddie Bauer today and found some sweaters that I liked. I grabbed an XL (out of habit) and a L (just in case) and the L fit perfectly! When I was there 6 weeks ago, an XL was a little too tight. I bought it - it will be my Christmas sweater! (AND it's white, so I really won't want to eat on Christmas because I might spill on it. hehehehe) Then... when I was checking out at EB, the checker asked to see my license, looked at it, looked up at me and said "wow, you look really different! You look great!". TOTALLY MADE MY DAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Headed to a xmas party at a friends home tonight. She thankfully knows how hard I have been working so no one should be pushing sweets at me. I had a good supper and now am wishing for some restricted snacks to take with me to keep the edge off. Good thing I ordered some for next week. Have a good weekend everyone.
Kimi, how are you doing since the other day? Are things better?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Looking for chocolate/WF peanut butter treats

OK, I give up! Usually when I see a recipe or drink idea I like, I cut and paste it into a Word document. But I messed up and didn't copy the post someone had written about mixing (I think) WF peanut butter and DV caramel syrup, then I think freezing?? Then dipping in chocolate WF? Can someone direct me there? I have been looking forever!! Thanks!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #23  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Went to weigh in today and I lost -- only 1 pound -- but I lost. I have been staying on protocol 100 % but this week I had a stomach bug and couldn't eat. My coach thought maybe it shut my weight loss down. I hope that is all it is. But yesterday as much as I tried I could not eat my IP at lunch and I did not do an evening snack. Just couldn't. And I don't think I got all my water in either. I usually do not have that problem. So I will happy with the 1 pound -- it is one pound less than last week.

NSV: I ran into two people that I hadn't seen for awhile at two different times yesterday and they didn't recognize me at first. One of them said "You lost a ton of weight didn't you?"
Old 12-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default malitol?

I was at Raleys and in the check stand they had a SF caramel for sale. Ingredients said 13 g malitol and carbs 13. Do sugar alcohols like this impact ketosis or anything? I'm curious also because my husband has type 1 diabetes and always gets sugar free cookies, ice cream, etc but I never know how we should really use sugar alcohols when carbs are included.

Last edited by kcjohn; 12-18-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #25  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I had a hard day today. We went bowling and the table beside us had nachos and fries. Usually I think about the carbs and fat and get grossed out but today I wanted them sooo bad. I guess I've been having a hard time these past few days. I just feel very "blah," low energy... Down in the dumps, for sure. Is this normal? I'm in week 6 now. I hope this is just a phase and it'll pass.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #26  

I try to keep up with posts but haven't posted much lately so just figured I'd stop in and say hi! Looks like everyone's still doing great. It's awesome to pop in and see everyone's successes. Keep up the great work!

My NSV for the day... stopped by a friends and everyone wanted Taco John's so bf and I picked up the food. I had one small thought of a potato ole while I was holding the bag, but then thought of all the grease in it. The thought of eating it suddenly sounded disgusting. When we got back, I had a huge salad and some veggies and never had a second thought about their food. I LOVE that my view of food has changed so much! Initially I had a hard time being around my previous favorite (unhealthy) foods, so this really hit home to me that I really am learning good habits and not just dieting!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #27  

I've never had it but have to imagine that it's a pasta shape (like orzo?) made out of the same stuff that the other noodles are.

Just remember that your body isn't a machine. Weekly and daily weight losses aren't linear (same amount each day or week) even when you're following the program 100%.

How'd the party go? I know it's crack-o-dawn early in AB, but let us know either way -- so we can celebrate your success or get you back on track.

Some people's bodies react to sugar alcohols the same way they do to sugar and some don't.

NSVs Mrs. Diettrich, tcswain, and 100ButterflyKisses
SashaJS for sticking to your commitment to follow the program. Would it help to think of how great you'll feel at goal, or even a partway goal? Moods and feelings go up and down, don't take them too seriously, except if a down mood lasts more than a few weeks.

-----me----
I'm happily maintaining my weight on my version of Phase 4.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #28  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Rosemary,, Thanks for the great post today!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #29  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
I had a hard day today. We went bowling and the table beside us had nachos and fries. Usually I think about the carbs and fat and get grossed out but today I wanted them sooo bad. I guess I've been having a hard time these past few days. I just feel very "blah," low energy... Down in the dumps, for sure. Is this normal? I'm in week 6 now. I hope this is just a phase and it'll pass.
Hang in there! These days do pass. At about the same time in my diet, I had what I call my angry spell. I am usually a pretty upbeat, easy going person and for a few days I was downright edgy, grumpy and angry...and I could not figure out why. It didn't last and some great days followed.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #30  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Kimi, how are you doing since the other day? Are things better?[/QUOTE]

I am doing very well thank you so much for asking. I went to the darn party last night, stayed away from every thing, only drank water and woke up a pound heavier anyway. Thankfiully it is my tom and I can blame it on that.
Closed Thread