Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good afternoon all !!!!!! I am so thankful that i asked so many dang questions onthis site...I have learned so much! and in surplus I have started losing again since 1) I bought and finally taking all the supplements my body needs, and 2) that i realized I was not eating enough... ie) salad. I have gone done 1.5 again since yesterday and NOW in the 60's !!!!!!!!! I have not seen those numbers since 2001 !!!!!!!! omg.... i am so pumped right now! woo hoooo and hoping everyone else is having a wonderful IPday!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Great NSV:

My mother-in-law I haven't seen in a few months (50 pounds ago) told me I look like I did when her son and I met ....the catch...I WAS 16 YEARS OLD THEN! ( I AM 40 NOW)
OMG that is wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats !!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #18  

one thing I am starting to get now from people at work that have SEEN the loss happening.... when you tell them "just 20 more" and they are like " noooo you are perfect like that" or " where? where would you find 20 more to lose".......my thoughts? YOU dont see ME naked hahhahhahhah trust me... when you are sitting down sans clothing, and your stomache is 'still' resting on top of your lap.......there is FAT to lose......only NOW i am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
Old 12-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #19  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hey Mrs. Diettrich, Happy Birthday.
Why thank you Linden! I'm excited for this year - turning my life and health around with the help of all of you... The last time I was this weight, I was having my first legal drink! :-)
Old 12-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #20  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Finally! I've been waiting all month to hit my 50 lb weight loss goal! The scale would not cooperate, in fact it started going back up for a bit! However, as of today I've lost 50 lbs since my start date of 9-1-10. Freaking amazing!

My parents saw me for the first time this weekend since I started, and my dad is finally on board and wants to try the plan. So excited for him!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Finally! I've been waiting all month to hit my 50 lb weight loss goal! The scale would not cooperate, in fact it started going back up for a bit! However, as of today I've lost 50 lbs since my start date of 9-1-10. Freaking amazing!

My parents saw me for the first time this weekend since I started, and my dad is finally on board and wants to try the plan. So excited for him!
wow congrats!!!!!!!!!!! what a feeling eh? I too hit the 50 mark as of today... with a little vonus of .5 more... so now at 169.5... I feel just teetering on the bring of falling back into the 70's ......u know what I mean? each time I get into a new block of 10's .....and so do NOT want to go back to the previous... for ex: NOW I will do everything I can to NOT move that .5 back into the 70's........ its way too close...... will feel better when I hit at least 167.... then I will know the 50's are not far... one day at a time...
Old 12-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Why thank you Linden! I'm excited for this year - turning my life and health around with the help of all of you... The last time I was this weight, I was having my first legal drink! :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #23  

anyone ever see the show RE VAMPED ? it is the most female empowering show on! its wonderful! 8 women that were dumped or verbally abused by the man in thier lives.... learn burlesque, get in shape, learn proper eating habits etc in 6 weeks and then put on a SHOW in front of all the ex's at the same time. THE PERFECT REVENGE...hahhaha
http://www.slice.ca/Shows/ShowsPage....itle_ID=240165
Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #24  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

I am so HAPPY!!! I made it to 'Onederland"" YAHOOO!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
I am so HAPPY!!! I made it to 'Onederland"" YAHOOO!!!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Back from my cruise - did not stay on the program totally during the week. I found it hard to go on the excursions and get in all the food and water you needed. When you have to travel on a bus for 1 1/2 hours one way then zipline/hike/etc. You are less likely to drink the correct amount of water you need! On the 4th day after an all day excursion, I gave into a dessert of all things. I think it was just being tired and out of my element. For the most part I made good decisions about what to eat and drink - but I did have a little wine a couple of nights, dessert one night and a roll one night. I knew when I went that I might eat off program and I am o.k. with the decision. Back on program as soon as I walked off the ship yesterday! Enjoyed the trip, but glad to be back home!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #27  

Default Sad day

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

I just had my fourth weigh in after starting IP. (So, I've finished about four weeks.) In that time, I've lost 15.5 pounds, which is great and exciting!

Today though, I weighed in and didn't lose anything. (Just maintained.) I feel really upset about it--not only did I get through 3 holiday parties without cheating, but I feel like I've been eating less overall than ever before.

I did lose an inch off my waist, which is great, but I'm so competitive with myself that losing zero pounds make me feel almost like a failure. I think my period is starting any day, which the doctor mentioned might be affecting my (lack of) loss. He also said that maybe that's all my body wanted to lose for the month (since people average 12-15 a month loss.)

Has anyone else gone through this? I think I just need some encouragement.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #28  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russianred View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

I just had my fourth weigh in after starting IP. (So, I've finished about four weeks.) In that time, I've lost 15.5 pounds, which is great and exciting!

Today though, I weighed in and didn't lose anything. (Just maintained.) I feel really upset about it--not only did I get through 3 holiday parties without cheating, but I feel like I've been eating less overall than ever before.

I did lose an inch off my waist, which is great, but I'm so competitive with myself that losing zero pounds make me feel almost like a failure. I think my period is starting any day, which the doctor mentioned might be affecting my (lack of) loss. He also said that maybe that's all my body wanted to lose for the month (since people average 12-15 a month loss.)

Has anyone else gone through this? I think I just need some encouragement.
Hi Russianred! to 3FC!

As a lurker you must have noticed that we all have disappointing weeks. (Mine was week 5) Don't let it bring you down. 15.5 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome!

TOM can effect weight -loss but you also mentioned eating less. Are you eating enough? If you eat less than protocal your body can feel as if it's in starvation mode and stop releasing weight. Bravo for resisting temptations at the parties!

Keep going! IP is the best weight-loss program there is!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #29  

Thanks for the welcome!

The more I think back about this past week, the more I think it might be that I'm not eating enough of the packets. I'm not one of those people who love the IP packets--I have a hard time getting them down some days.

My lifestyle also dictates that I eat out a lot with friends/family/business--sometimes I will drink a shake before going inside and then pick at a salad or some protein. Other times, I will do more a Phase Two mentality where I order good protein and veggies. (This is pretty rare though--eating two meals out, but it happens.)

I also am having a hard time eating four cups of veggies a day. When I do it, it makes me pretty nauseated. Some days, I skip the veggies completely because I just don't have any more room for them.

I wonder if a combination of all this impacted me this week. I feel like the principles of ketosis should be similar to that of Atkin's--as long as you're not eating carbs, you should be losing weight. (I did Atkin's for several months.) I know I'm not out of ketosis because my breath is just horrible.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #30  
Dave - The Speedo King

I'm sure I'm not the only one having these moments. Bought some new jeans at Costco over the weekend. Since it's Costco, no fitting rooms. So I bought them, took them home, held them up and thought, "No way these are going to fit. They're way too small." Then I tried them on and they fit perfectly. I guess my brain is still catching up with the rest of me.
Closed Thread