Old 11-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #16  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!!

Congrats on all the great losses. I have my first no loss week last week but I think it was lack of sleep and lots of stress. Then, I got sick with a sinus infection and laryngitis after my weigh-in last Wednesday (but I am showing weight loss this week).

Back to being ill, I have been taking sugar-free (sweetened with Splenda) cough drops and meds. I am a bit concerned because each cough drop and dose of medicine is about 30 calories...and I am in desperate need of them. My throat is sore as can be without them. Luckily, I haven't notice any stalling in weight loss which surprised me (and is making me really happy). I guess my question to all of you do you know of any lower calorie meds and cough drops? I'm currently using Halls Sugar free cough drops with Chloraseptic medicated lozenges. Thanks for all your input.

PS. I promise to be more active again soon...just had a bad couple of weeks.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay View Post
Did my first WI this morning.... I lost 3lb 14oz...... is this average for the first week??? Not sure exactly what to think.... I know I'm glad to see them gone though....
I am in the slow loser's club and average 2 - 3lbs a week. So yes I think that is normal. I try not to get discouraged when I see people post super losses of 10+ lbs. When was the last time you lost 3 lbs in just 7 days? WTG
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good morning all!

Sorry I haven't been arounds a lot latelly.. just sooo busy...

Weight loss wise-- doing okay.. TOM this week, so I have to expect no big losses..

TO everyone -- WILL power dust! We can do this!
candace5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Monday Morning!

I am also looking for some extra will power dust this week. I had a zero loss week last week, and have tried to keep on track over the weekend. I am wanting bread and candy. It's making me crazy! Last night, I ate a whole head of lettuce trying to make it go away! LOL!
I found a place in Winnipeg to pick up some Da Vinci syrups, so hoping for a trip in. I found the shipping so much to order online. I think some of those might help my cravings!

Happy Monday Everyone!
I am having the same problem. Craving everything!! So here is some imaginary ( I can't access stickies yet) will power dust for you and I'm keeping some for me. Be strong!!!
Coqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #20  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Good morning!!

Just saying a quick hello and wish everyone a great week.

Down another 2.2 this week getting closer to "onederland"
total in 5 weeks is 20.3

Lisa
smileylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #21  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

I tried this salad dressing today and I know we are suppose to put this in the recipe section but wow what a motivater!!!!

Tomato Dressing-(Phases 1-4)

1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
40 days until !! Anyone else counting??? I am excited because we are going to the DS's place for Christmas, hoping DD & her family will be there too!!

Well here it is .. the start of a new week...thank goodness, cause last week wasn't so great IP wise for me

SO.....here is Day One of a new start!!! I CAN DO THIS, I HAVE DONE 3/4'S OF THE WAY.....I CAN FINISH THIS

Anyone with extra and a big send it my way, please
I'm excited for Christmas, too! Started Christmas shopping....love it!!
Here's your You can do this! You are in the smiley-zone (on your ticker)! How cool is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Monday Morning!

I am also looking for some extra will power dust this week. I had a zero loss week last week, and have tried to keep on track over the weekend. I am wanting bread and candy. It's making me crazy! Last night, I ate a whole head of lettuce trying to make it go away! LOL!
I found a place in Winnipeg to pick up some Da Vinci syrups, so hoping for a trip in. I found the shipping so much to order online. I think some of those might help my cravings!

Happy Monday Everyone!
Here's your !! Next time you have a craving, try an extra packet. It always works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrid61 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!!

I had surgery 6 weeks ago and have been off the program for 8 weeks. .
Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend and is raring to go for a brand new week. It snowed here yesterday and the temp this morning is below freezing. Personally, I just want to crawl back to bed and wait for spring! Off to weigh-in.
Don't mention that S word! I know it will be here soon, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Good morning everyone. I am feeling a little down as i have been on a plateau for about 2-3 weeks...the weight is just not dropping AT ALL. This week I will not allow myself any restrictives to see if that makes a difference!! Has anyone else been experiencing this? if so....how did you get things moving again?
Yes, I did experience that! I tried eliminating restricteds but it didn't do any good. I went back on them for about 2 weeks. Then I did without them again, made sure to measure my nightly protein and I moved my one packet to 3PM instead of 8PM ( I have one for breakfast, one with lunch and one at 3PM). Something in that mix has helped (or my body just decided it was time to start losing again). I can now see the scale go down about a half pound every day! I really feel like it was moving the snack to before dinner that helped me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I had a not so great 24 hours. My roommate had his girlfriend stay over last night. I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that fact that her 3 almost 4 year old daughter stayed over as well (seriously if you're going to have a sleep over at your boyfriends house don't bring your kid. Think of what you are teaching her!). They had her sleep in the room next to mine so the 4 times she woke up during the night crying it woke me and my dog who sleeps in my room up as well. Not happy about that. The other downside is that (and some of you know this) my back went out 2 weeks ago and it's finally starting to heal, but I need a good nights sleep so I'm not so tight in the morning. Since I didn't get that I'm starting the day with my back feeling like I've been working all day. double not happy. Not to mention I have my WI tonight and I don't know that I'm going to have a weight loss. Overall I'm just frustrated and unhappy. I plan to talk to my roommate when I get home if the gf isn't there, but I knew if I mentioned it this morning it wouldn't be pretty. I'm giving myself time to cool off so I can be mature in how I handle this.
Hang in there! Good luck at your WI! You may surprise your self!
JollyCrewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #23  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Default Encouragement

We can do this one meal at a time, one day at time!!
Keep up the good work
willbethin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #24  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Jolleycrewzer: You are an inspiration!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #25  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I had a not so great 24 hours. My roommate had his girlfriend stay over last night. I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that fact that her 3 almost 4 year old daughter stayed over as well (seriously if you're going to have a sleep over at your boyfriends house don't bring your kid. Think of what you are teaching her!). They had her sleep in the room next to mine so the 4 times she woke up during the night crying it woke me and my dog who sleeps in my room up as well. Not happy about that. The other downside is that (and some of you know this) my back went out 2 weeks ago and it's finally starting to heal, but I need a good nights sleep so I'm not so tight in the morning. Since I didn't get that I'm starting the day with my back feeling like I've been working all day. double not happy. Not to mention I have my WI tonight and I don't know that I'm going to have a weight loss. Overall I'm just frustrated and unhappy. I plan to talk to my roommate when I get home if the gf isn't there, but I knew if I mentioned it this morning it wouldn't be pretty. I'm giving myself time to cool off so I can be mature in how I handle this.

I hope your conversation goes okay....it is good that you are calming yourself today...I know that when I put time between what angered me and when I address it that what comes out of my mouth is better. Thinking of you and feel better.

Quote:
Did my first WI this morning.... I lost 3lb 14oz...... is this average for the first week??? Not sure exactly what to think.... I know I'm glad to see them gone though....
How did your first week go? Did you stay on protocol 100%? Are you in ketosis yet? If you don't have a lot to lose 3-5 is normal. The more you have to lose the higher the first week (usually). Stick with it and do the protocol 100% and the results are amazing...pulling for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Good morning everyone. I am feeling a little down as i have been on a plateau for about 2-3 weeks...the weight is just not dropping AT ALL. This week I will not allow myself any restrictives to see if that makes a difference!! Has anyone else been experiencing this? if so....how did you get things moving again?
I have been doing this 8 1/2 weeks and am down 35 pounds and very pysched, but most of that came off the first 5 weeks. I feel like I have slowed down a ton. I uped my intake to 3 1/2 to 4 packets and added restricted last Monday. I went down .8, then 1.2, then .6 then .2, then nothing, then up .6, then down .2 today...not sure. I am going to give restricted and 4th packet another week. I also walk 40 minutes a day and Wii 30-40 minutes a day. Good luck to you and keep us updated. I am going to keep on keeping on because the clothes sizes are getting smaller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Good morning!!

Just saying a quick hello and wish everyone a great week.

Down another 2.2 this week getting closer to "onederland"
total in 5 weeks is 20.3

Lisa
I am excited for you because I am so close too. I am one pound more than you and I can't wait for onederland....good luck...I will be pulling for you.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Default Still dizzy and shifting to phase 3 temporarily

Happy Monday Y'all,

Well after my 2nd day of being very dizzy, cloudy brained and so on, my chiropractor/coach is putting me into a Phase 3 eating plan for the next 3 day to see how my body does with more regular food and more carbs. He's concerned my blood sugar is all over the place and wants to get me feeling better first. Then we'll decide if I should do the IP in a more moderate way. I'm a little bummed, but health comes first and he promised me I will still lose weight. He wants me to be safe. Anyone else go thru this at some point?
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #27  

Quote:
Me too! I lost only a sad 3 lbs my first week, esp. after hearing about MEGA losses the first week! But I lost more inches! And WI's after that have been more....hang in there....I was super disappointed my first week, but hey, I'm not quitting!!

Have a great day!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #28  

Good afternoon everyone!

Another normal IP day here - mega stress and drama over the weekend (usually quite a boring and quiet life here), so I wanted to EAT EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING!! But I didn't!!! I stuck to the protocol 100%!!! Drank a ton of water and coped....different coping method, not to eat, as I usually turn to my old friend - food. This was hard to do, but I feel so liberated!!! I control food now, not the other way around!! And my pants are HUGE today - I can totally feel it! (See it not so much!) I'm holding off until Christmas to buy anything new though - a real motivator and a treat for Momma for Christmas!

Have a great day everyone! When the going gets tough, the tough get going! We can do this!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

I had a nice quiet weekend, My mom and aunt started the program on Friday so it was fun we got to all eat together at the camp this weekend and I didn't feel left out. It was great! I am closing in on 20 pounds loss and I figured my reward would be going to get my hair done cut and color. A whole 3-4 hours in the salon, my hair is really thick! So excited. Hoping I can book it for Friday afternoon after my next WI if I make it!! Also I moved out of the 180's visiting the 170's for a while. Oh and I got my ticker! Having a, glass half full, kind of a day!
joellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #30  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am in the slow loser's club and average 2 - 3lbs a week. So yes I think that is normal. I try not to get discouraged when I see people post super losses of 10+ lbs. When was the last time you lost 3 lbs in just 7 days? WTG
When you average 2-3 pounds a month you might consider yourself a slow (but sure) loser. Some people would kill (metaphorically) to average 2-3 pounds a week.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote