Old 10-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #16  
started IP 9.1.10

S/C/G: 197/175.8/120

Height: 5.4

Default too soon too tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Soy has a serious impact if you have hypothyroidism, especially if you eat it within 6 hours of taking your medicine. I don't. Ever. Others are allergic to it and, unfortunately, there are very few IP products that don't have soy. I'm drinking a lot of strawberry pudding these day. In 16 weeks I only lost 25 pounds -- a poor record from any perspective, and I have had IP products exclusively since I started. One small cheat on 4 July. Since the soy is out of my system I've started to lose although it's too soon to tell if the pattern holds. Had a thyroid test yesterday and the THS is up despite avoiding the soy altogether for over a week. I'm sorry that all of this is just random information with no conclusion. But I'm hoping something clicks for you, or perhaps someone else.
Thanks - there's so much to take in when you begin and I hadn't even considered soy and the thyroid. I'm on Synthroid and have had hypothyroidism for years. I think my weight loss (18 pounds in 6 weeks) is due to coming off prednisone.

So, thank you for your answer, it'll help me to watch and see if avoiding or limiting the soy packets makes a difference for me - my next blood work isn't until Dec. Hope it makes a big difference for you.

Judy
Judon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #17  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judon View Post
Thanks - there's so much to take in when you begin and I hadn't even considered soy and the thyroid. I'm on Synthroid and have had hypothyroidism for years. I think my weight loss (18 pounds in 6 weeks) is due to coming off prednisone.

So, thank you for your answer, it'll help me to watch and see if avoiding or limiting the soy packets makes a difference for me - my next blood work isn't until Dec. Hope it makes a big difference for you.

Judy
Judon, there's a whole thread on IP and hypothyroidism. I don't have time to search. Sorry. BUT calcium also interacts w/ thyroid medicine so if you're taking IP cal/mat and K/mat, don't get near them until 6 or more hours after the synthyroid.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #18  
started IP 9.1.10

S/C/G: 197/175.8/120

Height: 5.4

Default found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Judon, there's a whole thread on IP and hypothyroidism. I don't have time to search. Sorry. BUT calcium also interacts w/ thyroid medicine so if you're taking IP cal/mat and K/mat, don't get near them until 6 or more hours after the synthyroid.
Thanks Linden I found it after I read your reply - calcium is at night but I was taking the potassium soon after the Synthroid.

Judy
Judon is offline   Reply With Quote