S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
To date I have lost......Ta Da....50.3lbs!!! Yeah IP
Yeah awesome job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hi Sheila -- similar prob for me too... Its seem to be coming off my back, arms, thighs, butt, everywhere -- except my waist! But I figure once the fat is gone from all the other areas, then the tummy will start melting!
Wow I know how you feel, I have lost everywhere but my arms and I hate it. I think you are right once we get rid of all the other fat it has to come off there too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Hello IP friends. I wanted to give you an update on my dad. Last weekend, we thought we were going to lose him to his COPD and Alzheimer's. However, he is now doing much better and you can even carry on a conversation with him. God is wonderful!
My husband and I have now moved and we have internet again. I will be able to keep up with all of the great information from this site again. I posted on the positive thread that I had the chance to go through some clothes of mine that have been in storage for about 5-6 years and I can now wear most of them and some are even too big! It felt like Christmas in September! I love this plan!
Have a wonderful day!
Glad to hear your Dad is doing better! My Mom has Alzheimer's as well, she is only 73 seems to get a little worse everyday. It is an awful thing to watch and I miss her, it's like I am the Mom now. I agree God is wonderful and he takes care of us daily if we let him. I am trying hard to remember that!!
I did the samething in my closet too, wow how wonderful. I love IP too!!

I use novalax too, and it really helps me. I just have to take 1 a night, too. Celery keeps me really regular too if I have a problem for a day I just eat 2 cups of celery for lunch the next day and wahlah!! I am normal again. Gotta love that too!! My mother in law is visiting this coming week and she eats all of the time. I am worried that I won't have enough food around for her. I will cook all of the meals that she loves. She is the kinda person that likes potatoes, bread, couple veggies, meat, dessert at every meal. Big breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. And yes she is way over weight. She just has never been interested in losing weight, which is sad as she has many medical problems. I will have no trouble staying on track as I feel fantastic!!!

Thanks for all the great tips, I love the magic bullet I can't believe I have not had one before this. It is fantastic, I have made a pudding snack into a ice cream like treat!!! Yeah! Keep up all the great work everyone!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #92  

Default Whew what a relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

About ketosis, commonly observed symptoms are no cravings, little to no hunger, metallic taste in your mouth, funny smelling urine (I've never had this symptom so I can't tell you what it smells like). If you're satisfied on the food and losing pounds and inches, don't worry about ketosis, you're in it! If you're following the program and not losing pounds and inches, it might be something to check.

[/I]
I was so glad to read the above post ab out metallic taste in mouth, I was beginning to wonder if I was maybe pregnant! I am in my first week of IP, and my cravings are diminishing and am having the symptoms you listed, Yay Ketosis is in effect!!! I even made it through my 5 yo's bday party this weekend without cheating! I am so glad I found this site for the support and help! One quick question is muscle achiness (ms) a symptom, because my arms and legs are feeling achy today?
Jennifer

Last edited by JLatiolais916; 09-19-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

I have never had any aches in my body except tired muscles because I am doing so much more. The energy the comes with being in ketosis has been amazing for me!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #94  

I think the achiness may be from walking from 1:30 till 4:30 chasing a soon to be 5 yo around a game arcade yesterday! lol And just thought of it having to carry him on Friday night cause he didn't want to walk, and was really tired.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Hope I will join you soon....are you going to celebrate with a restricted packet? lol

Marilyn

Yep!! I had the Choco-Raspberry Bar...cut it into 18 pieces and savored every bite...took me over 1/2 hr. to eat.......mmmmmmYummy
Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #96  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Default Newbie here!

Hello everyone! I am brand new - going to start tomorrow!! I have only been reading since last week and have everything ready to begin IP tomorrow! Very excited and hopeful. Thank you for all of your posts which have already inspired me!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

I started IP this past Monday. According to my home scale, I'm down 5 pounds! I officially weigh in at the center tomorrow, so I'll find out the official number then. I have NEVER been one to follow a structured diet - so I am really happy I've stuck it out this first week and NOT cheated one bit! I have 40 pounds to go and I'm so excited to get there. I'm going on a cruise next month, but while everyone else is indulging, I'll be bringing my protein pks, eating ZERO carbs/sugar and I'll be using the Vanilla Shake for my coffee. It's weird because I am so motivated that I have no desire to cheat. And that means a lot - I come from a Italian family who LOVES food!! (Me being one of those food lovers)
I am so thrilled I have found IP and this blog. I have found TONS of fantastic ideas.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #98  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Hello everyone! I am brand new - going to start tomorrow!! I have only been reading since last week and have everything ready to begin IP tomorrow! Very excited and hopeful. Thank you for all of your posts which have already inspired me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
I started IP this past Monday. According to my home scale, I'm down 5 pounds! I officially weigh in at the center tomorrow, so I'll find out the official number then. I have NEVER been one to follow a structured diet - so I am really happy I've stuck it out this first week and NOT cheated one bit! I have 40 pounds to go and I'm so excited to get there. I'm going on a cruise next month, but while everyone else is indulging, I'll be bringing my protein pks, eating ZERO carbs/sugar and I'll be using the Vanilla Shake for my coffee. It's weird because I am so motivated that I have no desire to cheat. And that means a lot - I come from a Italian family who LOVES food!! (Me being one of those food lovers)
I am so thrilled I have found IP and this blog. I have found TONS of fantastic ideas.
To both of you!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #99  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I have gained so much knowledge from the ladies on this site and I have a new group of friends(at least I hope I do).
Friend? I hope so to.

So, what are friends for? Favors? If you ever abandon your determined little yellow chick, I hope you'll deed it to me.

(No, no, truly. I'm not that self-serving. It's just that I adore it's stance. And yours. That's the point.)

Last edited by Linden; 09-20-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #100  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post

WELCOME! Read, read, read. It's so worthwhile to pick up on the collective memory here.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #101  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLatiolais916 View Post
I was so glad to read the above post ab out metallic taste in mouth, I was beginning to wonder if I was maybe pregnant! I am in my first week of IP, and my cravings are diminishing and am having the symptoms you listed, Yay Ketosis is in effect!!! I even made it through my 5 yo's bday party this weekend without cheating! I am so glad I found this site for the support and help! One quick question is muscle achiness (ms) a symptom, because my arms and legs are feeling achy today?
Jennifer
I haven't had the metallic taste as of yet.. but my second day, I was sore and achy in my arms and legs. So maybe its the transition of going from eating garbage to filling myself full of good stuff. I'm not 100% sure. It could even be adding in the vitamins. Maybe its just a sign of the body taking in nutrients and starting to heal it self, kinda like when you work out and the muscles rebuild. Just a thought...
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #102  
Taking it day by day =))

Good Evening all;

It is very late and I cannot sleep so I decided to see if anyone else was out there haha... well today was day 11 for me on this program & I am feeling fantastic however, I do not feel like I am on a diet and sometimes almost forget to eat my protein OOPS but I have a wonderful man who kindly reminds me haha.

How is everyone else liking this wonderful program???
Old 09-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #103  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Good Evening all;

It is very late and I cannot sleep so I decided to see if anyone else was out there haha... well today was day 11 for me on this program & I am feeling fantastic however, I do not feel like I am on a diet and sometimes almost forget to eat my protein OOPS but I have a wonderful man who kindly reminds me haha.

How is everyone else liking this wonderful program???
Hi, I'm right there with you.. not sleeping yet lol. Officially day 4 for me now. I don't know if I can really say this feels like a diet, as I'm not starving all the time and I'm not in aching pain from working out.. like other diets I've tried. It is however very different for me, because of the amount of veggies I have to eat. I'm trying to find new ways to prepare and new things to eat... although besides the health aspect, I feel like I'm learning a new way to cook and that is something I enjoy, but have limited experience in. I remember to eat my protein but I slacked off on taking my vitamins at the right time tonight.. but I took them as soon as I noticed. I feel more energized in the mornings which is a big improvement already, but I'm still having headaches right before bed and then they fade a little after I wake up. But these headaches are nothing... I'm used to weekly to daily migraines that make you want to drown your head in the sink and scream! lol. In other news.. I made some kick a** BBQ Sauce tonight... I'm pretty proud of myself, it turned out super spicy, which both my bf and I love. So we chowed down in spicy ecstasy! heh.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:16 AM   #104  
Taking it day by day =))

[QUOTE=xmln3x;3487470]Hi, I'm right there with you.. not sleeping yet lol. Officially day 4 for me now. I don't know if I can really say this feels like a diet, as I'm not starving all the time and I'm not in aching pain from working out.. like other diets I've tried. It is however very different for me, because of the amount of veggies I have to eat. I'm trying to find new ways to prepare and new things to eat... although besides the health aspect, I feel like I'm learning a new way to cook and that is something I enjoy, but have limited experience in. I remember to eat my protein but I slacked off on taking my vitamins at the right time tonight.. but I took them as soon as I noticed. I feel more energized in the mornings which is a big improvement already, but I'm still having headaches right before bed and then they fade a little after I wake up. But these headaches are nothing... I'm used to weekly to daily migraines that make you want to drown your head in the sink and scream! lol. In other news.. I made some kick a** BBQ Sauce tonight... I'm pretty proud of myself, it turned out super spicy, which both my bf and I love. So we chowed down in spicy ecstasy! heh.

Congrats on deciding to do IP I absolutely enjoy it can't wait to see results!! The veggie thing wasn't hard for me but I got bored fast and decided to try many recipes from the forums... If you would like any reccommendations let me know! I have way too much energy in the morning now.... Bye bye sleeping in with my snuggle bug (9month old daughter) instead we are up playing whenever she wakes up which she loves!

Last edited by AvaLynn; 09-20-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #105  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I haven't had the metallic taste as of yet.. but my second day, I was sore and achy in my arms and legs. So maybe its the transition of going from eating garbage to filling myself full of good stuff. I'm not 100% sure. It could even be adding in the vitamins. Maybe its just a sign of the body taking in nutrients and starting to heal it self, kinda like when you work out and the muscles rebuild. Just a thought...
Or flushing out. . . .
Closed Thread