You're on Page 5 of 21
Go to
  • Crispy Cereal Pancakes
    In a small bowl mix
    - 2 egg whites
    - 1/4 tsp of vanilla
    - 1/4 tsp of baking powder
    - cinnamon to taste

Crunch up a packet of crispy cereal, add to egg white mixture and mix well. Add water a teaspoon at a time until the batter has the consistency you like.

Cook just as you would a regular pancake.

note: not my idea or recipe, just thought it was a good idea and shouldn't be buried in a chat thread!
  • Quote: In a small bowl mix
    - 2 egg whites
    - 1/4 tsp of vanilla
    - 1/4 tsp of baking powder
    - cinnamon to taste

Crunch up a packet of crispy cereal, add to egg white mixture and mix well.

Cook just as you would a regular pancake.

note: not my idea or recipe, just thought it was a good idea and shouldn't be buried in a chat thread!
    Aren't you supposed to add water as well? I would think it would be awfully dry without.
  • Quote: Aren't you supposed to add water as well? I would think it would be awfully dry without.
    Made the change to add water.
  • Quote: Made the change to add water.
    How much water? 100ml??
  • My all time fav is open a box of premixed vanilla shake. Heat for 2 minutes and sprinkle with either nutmeg, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. It is heavenly and on a cold day, warms the heart.
  • Quote: How much water? 100ml??
    My best answer: Experiment.

1. Start with a small amount.
    2. Mix it in.
    3. Does the batter have the consistency of pancake batter?
    If yes, pour into pan and cook pancake.
    If no, go to step 1.

If nobody posts anything more precise, check the daily threads, people have repeatedly shared their versions of a recipe in the chat thread. It was probably first posted in early February.
  • Bump...lots of great ideas for newbies!!!
  • I love this thread ...so much info. Please keep posting ideas for us newbies.
  • Take a IP cereal packet and a IP cinnamon apple puffs, mix in a bowl together,
    Add 1/2 of mixture to cold water. Tastes like apple jacks!
  • IP Chocolate Pudding
    The pudding packs I get say "Milk Chocolate Instant Pudding" and they need some serious "doctoring".

Before adding the pudding powder to the water, using a measuring spoon, I add 1 heaping tsp instant coffee (I use espresso), 1 heaping tsp unsweetened cocoa, 1 heaping tsp sweetener (to offset the bitterness of the cocoa). Mix it well with a wire whisk and put it in the refrigerator for several hours to let it firm up.

It turns out so rich that it can satisfy my chocolate craving until I have another one the following week.
  • Yummy Oatmeal Pancake
    -IP Oatmeal packet
    -1 egg white
    -1/4tsp baking powder
    -1/4tsp cinnamon
    -2 or 3 tbsp powdered splenda (the baking kind)
    -1/4tsp vanilla
    -1oz milk
    -water as needed for consistency
  • cinnamon apple puffs?
    Quote: Take a IP cereal packet and a IP cinnamon apple puffs, mix in a bowl together,
    Add 1/2 of mixture to cold water. Tastes like apple jacks!
    I haven't seen any cinnamon apple puffs on our list... I will have to ask about that.
  • Chicken Soup
    I added the leftover boiled and mashed celery root to my Chicken Soup prepared as directed and it was pretty darn good. I have also added heaps of lightly steamed, chopped broccoli for a Broccoli (minus the Cheddar) soup.
  • Bump. I need to mix things up. I'm bored.
  • Great Ideas!
    Thanks for the 'bump' Pxlkitty!

Sherilyn