Old 09-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/224/170

Height: 5'4

Default Alcohol Conumdrum

I have a function tonite as well as a weekend in New Orleans coming soon. I am struggling with the to drink one or two drinks dilema....do I and how badly will it effect my weight loss. I am in week three and down around 15 lbs now. I was thinking maybe just vodka with perrier and lime. What do yall think. New Orleans is gonna be sooooooooo hard I am going with the office staff and no one here knows I am doing IP. They only know how I was before...and I drank....
Stormcrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrazie View Post
I have a function tonite as well as a weekend in New Orleans coming soon. I am struggling with the to drink one or two drinks dilema....do I and how badly will it effect my weight loss. I am in week three and down around 15 lbs now. I was thinking maybe just vodka with perrier and lime. What do yall think. New Orleans is gonna be sooooooooo hard I am going with the office staff and no one here knows I am doing IP. They only know how I was before...and I drank....

My advise (for what it's worth) Don't drink alcohol!!! Tell the others in your party that you just found out you are allergic to it!!! That works!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #3  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrazie View Post
You don't need it. I'd fall back on the story that you are under a doctor's care for a pancreatic condition, and cannot drink right now. People who care about you, care about your health and won't have an issue with that. You need to keep that in your head when you make these decisions, because it is true. Don't sabotage your progress. You'll get back all the things you give up now. Just get the job done.

Besides, New Orleans is very cool without the alcohol... been there with Mormons, and it's still a gas!
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

I had one night of some vodka and club soda... I even researched to find what would be best to drink...ok ok maybe one or two shooters too but it really affected my losses.... I lost only .5 pounds and .5 inches.... i was really disappointed with myself. I fell out of ketosis and took a couple days to get back on track.

NOT ADVISED IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY TO GET THE WEIGHT OFF...
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I had one night of some vodka and club soda... I even researched to find what would be best to drink...ok ok maybe one or two shooters too but it really affected my losses.... I lost only .5 pounds and .5 inches.... i was really disappointed with myself. I fell out of ketosis and took a couple days to get back on track.

NOT ADVISED IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY TO GET THE WEIGHT OFF...
Thanks for bring the voice of experience sillyputty. As soon as I saw your name as the last post on this thread, I said "That's exactly who needs to post here!"

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-10-2010 at 10:40 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

LOL.... well when I learn a lesson, I learn I guess.
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
LOL.... well when I learn a lesson, I learn I guess.
Kinda like, "Former smokers are the strongest anti-smokers."
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #8  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

My coach said if you have to drink then vodka press is the best - or you could always say you're on antibiotics.
kju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

My advice is to just not do it. If you start down the slippery slope of cheating now, it's only going to get worse unless you've got some fantastic will power.

Just my humble 2 cents worth.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #10  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

When faced with this kind of temptation, I ask myself: do I want to lose another 2 to five lbs next week, or do I want to spend the week working really hard to get myself back into ketosis, putting up with the side effects and cravings again, and putting the weight loss off for another week or more and possibly even seeing the scale go back up!
Is that drink or two really worth it? Not to me....
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

I'll admit I have a habit of drinking when I go to visit my sister, usually red wine in the hot tub. Last weekend in prep for going there I asked at my clinic about alcohol. My Chiropractor's wife told me that vodka was better then wine but that none was best. I chose to make a drink consisting of 2 shots of vodka with 4 shots of club soda with a couple lemon wedges squeezed in and a packet of splenda. I had 2 of these drinks both nights I was there. I also did not have my snack packet of IP the evenings I drank. Was it worth it? Well sort of. I was right back on track the next day and have been since.

My fear is if I were to drink much I may make poor choices about eating other foods that are around. At my sisters that wasn't an issue, in a different setting with much food temptations around I'm sure it would be.

I only go to see my sister every 3 or 4 months so I'm not concerned that this will truly affect my long term status on program. I guess everyone knows what their limits are and whether it's worth it to them or not. I'm not a big drinker so I could have gone either way, but this is more of a ritual tradition with my sister and I so I chose to find a way to make it work.

Good luck on your trip whatever you decide. BTW being in a public place with others that are drinking when your not can be a real kick to watch. Plus then they'll have a designated driver for sure!
MotherDuckMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I always offered to be a designated driver and told our server I was when she tried to take my order. USUALLY, my perrier, diet club soda or tea were then provide free in a club setting. In any case, once I announced I was driving and being responsible, maybe for others, the concern over why I wasn't drinking went away.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

bump
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote