Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #16  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Chelle -- thanks for agreeing with me. saw others post that the site is very very slow too. between the slowness and having to switch from day to day trying to find old posts you want to answer, it's just not working for me... and I do think having this site has been enormously helpful over the 6 months just to talk about the diet! No one I know wants to hear that much about it (and neither would I). Feeling a little lost--oh well, hope you have a wonderful trip too and that we can chat about it in late September.
Still trying to decide what food to take with me. Using the phase 2 protocol I think. Maybe take a bar and one package for each day??? Really don't want to have that many bars, however. What's your plan?
Soon to be Mrs. T-- were you on one of those boats in San Antonio?? So much fun. And I am impressed that you stayed on plan. It's not that much fun to be around drinkers when you aren't one of them. I have done it a lot! And I get bored pretty quickly.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-26-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Hopeful Tricia glad to here that I am not the only one that gets bored quickly being around a bunch of drinkers now. We own a bar and I am not spending much time there, I didn't drink a ton anyway so you wouldn't think it would matter but it does.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #18  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

There are little plastic things to put in your ring to size it down. Temporarily...

As far as husbands go....mine is really good, but I think we spoil them too much. If I don't feel like cooking I just say...there is a pound of burger....grill your own. Or, let's go out. Luckily he goes along with it. I have worked hard to keep myself on this diet and I don't even have potatoes or bread in the house. It isn't fair to me. I want my husband to eat like I do and he has been supportive. That may sound selfish, but while on this diet I have had to be. I also am hoping to learn to eat much healthier, so I don't plan on going back to my "evil" ways so he is going to have to eat this way, too. Wow, don't bash me for being selfish......I know. I just think we should be feeding our families this way. If we don't, aren't we kinda defeating our purpose? Our kids need to learn better eating habits....I know I wish I had. Things would be much easier now. Yes, I am on a diet, but it is for the long term. One of my friends who is on maintenance told me she has to think about being on phase 4 not off the diet. If she is "off" the diet she thinks she is free to eat like she used to and she knows she can't do that.

I don't really miss drinking(didn't do much anyway), but it is going to be hard on vacation. One of my favorite things is having a foofoo drink by the pool. I will just have to put a limit on them to 1 a day or every other day, then take a nice long walk.

Last edited by WyoSun; 08-26-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Hubby's birthday was yesterday so we cheated at suppertime, but I am back on it today! I think I may start the bootcamp again just to get all of these cheats out of my system before my sisters wedding and honeymoon. I am going to go off IP on my honeymoon but once I get back I am going to do a bootcamp again and start fresh. May start working out once I get back and after I completed bootcamp. I still have so much to lose and I want to get it off as quick as my body will let me. I have a weight goal but as soon as I get to a certain size I will reevaluate my goal. So far so good!! weigh in next thursday since my coach is off this week.

I keep reading that people have been using other products that cost a bit less, I was wondering if your coaches get mad or are you doing this on your own? Where are you able to get this product and what about supplements? Can you get regular supplements from a store instead? It is a little pricey and sometimes I feel I ask her questions and she doesnt really know the answers, thank god for this site!! Any suggestions would be awesome!!

Thank
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #20  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello Hello!

Well I apologize for being away for a few days as I was out of town BUT I am back today... and after the madness I weighed myself today and did not do too bad! so YEY for IP!...173.2 today...before potty ;-)
Old 08-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Hello Hello!

Well I apologize for being away for a few days as I was out of town BUT I am back today... and after the madness I weighed myself today and did not do too bad! so YEY for IP!...173.2 today...before potty ;-)
Welcome back !!!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #22  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Elizabeth...welcome back.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone!! Hope everyone has a great day!!! Brandon will be home in 2 days!! EEEEE!!! SO excited!!
Susie - I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about his reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Hello Everyone! Wow! I have not been on for awhile. Lots of new people Welcome I have posted in several forums and just want to thank everyone for helping me get through a really really hard time. I was planning on taking a break and moving on to phase one for a month or two and then coming back but I decided to keep on going. My coach let me add an extra packet in a day. It has made a huge difference. I feel like I did when I first started. I break a restricted item in half and take part of it in the morning and part of it in the afternoon. I feel amazing! Thank you all for the encouragement So close to wonderland
Sheila - So happy to see you back here and committed to continue with IP. You've done really well so far and I can't wait to see you enjoy more success!

To all the HUNGRY chickies, I honestly think that this must be normal since we all seem to experience it at one time or another while on IP. When it happened to me a few weeks back, I made sure to up my water, lettuce and oil intake. I also started taking Omega-3s. It only lasted a day and a half but it felt so weird. Eat an extra IP packet if you have to, but don't cheat!!

After my disappointing weigh-in on Monday (lost inches but gained a pound ), I have been extra good this week. I really want to transition to Phase 2 after weigh-in next Wednesday. I'm ready to get on with the rest of my life and eat "real" food again without feeling guilty. Whereas before it kinda stressed me out to think about moving past the safety of Phase 1, now I'm anxious to move on...guess that's a good sign!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

is there another way to get collegen in, I dont like the jello and I don't want to take the powder stuff they offer. Do you know if there is a pill I can pick up in canada?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Chelle -- thanks for agreeing with me. saw others post that the site is very very slow too. between the slowness and having to switch from day to day trying to find old posts you want to answer, it's just not working for me... and I do think having this site has been enormously helpful over the 6 months just to talk about the diet! No one I know wants to hear that much about it (and neither would I). Feeling a little lost--
AMEN! Has anyone checked into the speed issue?

Call me crazy, but I bought a new pair of black dress slacks the other day. I am currently wearing a size 16. I bought a size 14. I took them home and hung them up with the certainty that they will fit in 30 days or less! What a great feeling! Love IP!

Weigh-in #11 today and down 2 more pounds.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #26  

Posted in the newbie tips sticky thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmlp View Post
This is my 4th day on IP...I don't really feel like I have lost any weight yet..when should this start?? Thank you!
Jen, If you're following the program as it was designed and have no underlying health issues, you'll lose weight. It may not be the way you expect to lose weight -- the speed or the body location -- but you will lose weight. A mantra that I sometimes use, "Step away from the scale."

Some people lose a little bit every day fairly consistently; others lose nothing for days and then drop. Some lose few pounds and several inches. You'll find out how your body responds as you do the program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
AMEN! Has anyone checked into the speed issue?
I haven't had any problems with page loading or posting either on my home DSL Wireless LAN, or my blackberry.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-26-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I haven't had any problems with page loading or posting either on my home DSL Wireless LAN, or my blackberry.

I am not sure what my problem is. The site is terribly slow both on my home computer and my work computer. It is like there is something wrong with the refresh rate. Once I am on a page, I'm fine. It is the time waiting for the pages to change that is the problem. Any techies out there?

Last edited by doxigirl; 08-26-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Hi Sweet Sheila great to hear from you and happy you are still hanging in !! Yes the weekly thread is now the daily thread you are in the right place !

I have been getting a bit discouraged myself and have decided to switch coaches found one much closer to my home. I was supposed to meet with her tomorrow but am off today. I just emailed her and she said she can meet me at 01:00 today !
You are doing so awesome!!! I hope your new coach is great. Maybe he/she will have some new ideas for you to shake things up a bit Be sure to fill us all in and let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Susie - I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about his reaction.

Sheila - So happy to see you back here and committed to continue with IP. You've done really well so far and I can't wait to see you enjoy more success!

To all the HUNGRY chickies, I honestly think that this must be normal since we all seem to experience it at one time or another while on IP. When it happened to me a few weeks back, I made sure to up my water, lettuce and oil intake. I also started taking Omega-3s. It only lasted a day and a half but it felt so weird. Eat an extra IP packet if you have to, but don't cheat!!

After my disappointing weigh-in on Monday (lost inches but gained a pound ), I have been extra good this week. I really want to transition to Phase 2 after weigh-in next Wednesday. I'm ready to get on with the rest of my life and eat "real" food again without feeling guilty. Whereas before it kinda stressed me out to think about moving past the safety of Phase 1, now I'm anxious to move on...guess that's a good sign!
Thank you! Looks like you are doing an amazing job as well. A different phase has to be exciting. You are so close
Old 08-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I am not sure what my problem is. The site is terribly slow both on my home computer and my work computer. It is like there is something wrong with the refresh rate. Once I am on a page, I'm fine. It is the time waiting for the pages to change that is the problem. Any techies out there?

Ditto for me.....I think it just started late last week or early this week. Before that it was fine.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

I have been pretty busy to check in here so I am doing it now

all is well, wish I remembered when I started maintenance but it has become a breeze for me. I weigh about 123 and some change now. Not trying to lose weight anymore but it seems that body has finally kicked in at this old age and knows how to take care of itself. i am actually seeing muscle tone all over my body which is just amazing. Basic eating habit has basically been, breakfast, lunch with zero slow carbs and a nice dinner with good protein and some slow carb. Been having my glass(es) wine and my few pieces of fruit per day.

basically its all good, and hoping to check back in a while still weighing the same.
Closed Thread