Old 07-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #16  

Peanut butter is a trigger food for me. It is painful to make a PBJ for my kids. The smell is heaven. So far I've avoided tasting it because I know one taste will lead to spoonfuls. Sigh.........
betty413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #17  

Height: 5'10

I too have peanut butter cravings only because my favorite candy is Reeses Cups! The WF Peanut Butter I think is horrible, it makes me gag just thinking about it. But my sister recommended I try peanut butter from NaturesFlavors.com they have peanut butter there with the no cal, no fat, no sugar, no carbs and she said it was pretty good. Only bad thing about it is that for 1oz it is like 8 bucks! She mixes her Peanut Butter in with the chocolate drink as a smoothie and she "says" its almost like eating a Reeses...
jamiblenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

omg! I have to make a small peanut butter 'sandwich' everynight for my dog to take her pill and I suddenly want to lick the knife! I have been sooo tempted!
lilblackdress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #19  

The Walden Farms Peanut Spread is kind of icky on its own, but when you add a tablespoon of it to the IP chocolate pudding packet in a blender with water and ice it makes an awesome chocolaty pb shake that satisfies the cravings while being IP friendly!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:18 AM   #20  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Not craving it now but...how bad is Simply Jiff? that's the only PB I will ever eat.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Not craving it now but...how bad is Simply Jiff? that's the only PB I will ever eat.
contains added vegetable oil, molasses, and sugar. Has 6 carbs per 2tbsp and16 grams of fat. The fat content and quality is very close to that of 1 tbsp olive oil. The bonus is you pick up 8g of protein in the 2tbsp. All that fat, carb and, protein tells you it is a calorie dense "splurge".
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #22  
aka, Rosie

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
contains added vegetable oil, molasses, and sugar. Has 6 carbs per 2tbsp and16 grams of fat. The fat content and quality is very close to that of 1 tbsp olive oil. The bonus is you pick up 8g of protein in the 2tbsp. All that fat, carb and, protein tells you it is a calorie dense "splurge".
Hi Carla,
Your thoughts on this please. I have Laura Scudder's Old Fashioned Peanut Butter - Nutty. Two Tbs. has Cal: 200, Fat:16g, Sodium: 90mg, Carbs: 6g - Fiber: 2g & Sugars: 1g. The ingredients are: Peanuts, Contains 1% or less of Salt.

If I just have to have a serving could I just eliminate my oil?
6710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
Hi Carla,
Your thoughts on this please. I have Laura Scudder's Old Fashioned Peanut Butter - Nutty. Two Tbs. has Cal: 200, Fat:16g, Sodium: 90mg, Carbs: 6g - Fiber: 2g & Sugars: 1g. The ingredients are: Peanuts, Contains 1% or less of Salt.

Not Carla but nuts are not on the IP plan (listed as a no-no) lower carbs or not, so nope, no pb
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:17 AM   #24  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
Hi Carla,

Xanthia was 100% on target with her answer. nuts are not on plan.

The oil is COMPULSORY on my sheet. That would seem to mean we can NOT trade it out for something else. Also, we get the same amount of fat in a lower calorie mix when we use the olive oil. Part of the benefit of this plan is the controlled calories.

If you did this, you could see a slow down in loss only because of the added calories in your day. Also, 6g of carb on a low carb plan can be a lot. For people who are carb sensitive and can't yet manage 30 net carbs a day, using 20 percent of that for one treat is a big splurge.

OK, now to your last question. IF you reach a point of total desperation and absolutely must have this and nothing else will do and, if you don't eat this, you will start eating other things instead. Just eat a little. In a small portion it will not pull you out of ketosis. Just make sure to do it on a day where you only use the lowest carb, unrestricted foods and veggies. It will kind of level out. BUT... BIG BUT, remember once you start it may be hard to stop. Try the suggestion someone made to use it as you late night snack in a pudding shake. It might keep you from going back and dipping in the jar. I don't advocate cheats. I know they happen, I have been there. But, this is not the worst option if you can control yourself and, it has helped some with stalls, just don't lose control once you open the jar!

Truthfully, the longer you stay true to the protocol the more consistent and rapid your results will be. Whenever we stray from the chemistry the program creates (something we don't see but, it is happening) we create a delay with an associated cost.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-01-2010 at 01:19 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #25  
aka, Rosie

Thank you, Xanthia and Carla, for your replies. I do want to reach my goal as soon as possible, so I will stay away from pb. It is out of site in my pantry so I really don't have it as a constant reminder. And when I phase out, it will be a welcome to have it back. I say this, but I haven't read all of the phase out process, so I may just need to give up. Oh well, it is really good to have this information, and again, thank you for sharing. Rosie
6710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #26  
IPeep

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiblenner View Post
I too have peanut butter cravings only because my favorite candy is Reeses Cups! The WF Peanut Butter I think is horrible, it makes me gag just thinking about it. But my sister recommended I try peanut butter from NaturesFlavors.com they have peanut butter there with the no cal, no fat, no sugar, no carbs and she said it was pretty good. Only bad thing about it is that for 1oz it is like 8 bucks! She mixes her Peanut Butter in with the chocolate drink as a smoothie and she "says" its almost like eating a Reeses...
I just tried something today that almost had a Reese's Cup flavor. I did a combination of chocolate pudding and butterscotch pudding by mixing a choc pudding packet, putting half in one bowl and half in another. Then mixed a butterscotch pudding packet and put 1/2 in each bowl. After it set, it was kind of like a choc/pb swirl frozen yogurt. Really good.
coloheather is offline   Reply With Quote