Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default Ip Chat Week May 10 - 16

Here is the new thread for the week!

And here is the link to last week's thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...3-may-9-a.html

I don't know how to close it so, if someone else knows how it would be appreciated!

Reminder: To keep our posts under 500 for the week, use the miniquote button (to the right of the quote button) when creating your multiple response posts. It will work even if you are quoting from multiple pages!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone!!
I am starting my 5th week and can't believe the BIG change in my life; aside from dropping lbs and inches. I have had IBS for 25 years and taking up to 18 Imodium a day to try to control the diarrhea. I am now down to 2 a day!!!! So obviously I must have a food allergy, so am very afraid to go back to old eating habits!!!!
Thank Goodness for IP it has made my life so much better, not having to run to the bathroom all the time!!!
We are having a presentation in our town tonight on IP and am really excited to hear what the speaker has to say.
Have a great day!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

DK
you are so right, I sound like a spoiled little brat right now LOL. it's ok though, i will not be doing vodka perriers again. one, i woke up with the worst headache of my life on sunday morning and two, my kidneys actually HURT all day yesterday. no thank you!

word to all you wise women, if you cheat your body is not gonna like it and you will hurt somehow from it! take it from me

WYO
your numbers are AMAZING, congrats to you and keep up the awesome work!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-10-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #4  

CARLA / SHOWGIRLAZ Thanks for confirmation on using the plain Knox gelatin. I was hoping it would contribute some "collagen-y" stuff to my body! I will probably try a few creative things with it. I'm tired of drinking and need to chew a li'l more!

Also, thanks for starting the new thread. I have no idea how to even get my S/C/G stuff on the site. I'm far from tech-savvy.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #5  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Fast food ...Fries and all!

Since we are staring a new thread I thought it would be good to post this here as well.

Are you a Fast Food Junkie? Do you still miss those french fries? you may want to think again after you see this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI
Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #6  

To whomever closed the old thread, THANKS!

Chimpchamp, You're welcome! I am not too tech oriented either! On the threads page, at the bottom is says "new thread" Then I just put this weeks info in the subject link and link both posts by copying the webpage url.

Journey! You must feel great! It sure would be nice to know what food makes you feel so bad though! I am so pleased you are feeling such improvement.

Mama! OH, so sorry to hear about the "blah" feeling and slight loss. We all have that experience at sometime!

Elizabeth! LOVED the video! Great find! Thanks for reposting it to this thread!

Ok all! Off to weigh in. I don't expect ANYTHING! It is TOM and I usually go up a few pounds. GRRRR!! This is a bit aggravating. Oh well, next week will be better.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-10-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #7  

For all those missing Jordanna, here is a quote of her post from the last weeks thread!

"Hey everyone just checking in! I had a wonderful Mothers Day (Happy Mothers Day to all the mum's!!); I went out for brunch and had my first cheat in 4 months on the diet, it was wonderful. I even got half an hour of snuggle time from my busy 1 year old! Best present ever!

I'm back on program as of this morning and I'm not worrying about the weight I may or may not have gained from it...I'm just going to keep the memory of my day tucked in my brain, untarnished by a silly temporary gain. So, I'm not weighing in today when I go pick up my food! I'll weigh in next week and I'm sure the results will be great.

And as a non related side note - my laptop is being driven to my house by Purolator as we speak and I should have it back sometime today, then I'll be back in the game. (It's near on impossible to get down to my desktop in the office with a busy baby around!!)"

Jordanna!
You are missed! Can't wait to see you back on a daily basis!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-10-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyosun
Originally Posted by WyoSun

I need to post this information since it is one of the main reasons I wanted to try IP. This may be TMI for some of you, but I know that it will be interesting for most.

I had my blood work done and wanted you to see what IP can do. I'm sure this is all because of a more healthy diet and losing weight.

Before IP 5 weeks on IP
Cholesterol 302 174
Triglyceride 344 85
HDL 53 47
LDL 180 110
VLDL 69 17
Chol/HDL ratio 5.7 3.7

As of the date of this test I was only 5 weeks into IP and had only lost 18 lbs.
I am now past week 10 and have lost 32 lbs. These numbers are huge for me. I didn't want to go on medication for cholesteral, so decided to try to work on it myself. While I feel that once I go off IP I will have some foods that I miss very much I do not plan on going back to my old eating habits. I want to be around to see my family to the end and I don't think that would have happened had I stayed on my old track of eating. As a side note, my husband had high(not as high as mine) cholesteral and he is also into the normal range. Makes a difference when I don't cook like I used to.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day.....I certainly did.

I hope you don't mind my reposting your post from this morning to our new thread! It was so wonderful to read and I really think others will appreciate seeing it! Your labs are truly showing you are sticking to the diet and doing well!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Re Glucosamine: actually its in these drinks that I was drinking all of last week. It said zero sugar, zero carb, zero calories but it was flavoured with Glucosamine. I have to say they are very very tastey so I was wondering about the Glucosamine part. After googling a bit, there seems to be a consensus out there that it might slow down weight loss if you are doing a ketogenic diet. I figure I can live without drinking them.

since my zero weight loss news on Friday (end of my third week) I have been very firm with the plan. Absolutley nothing outside of the plan and have done some form of exercise every day since Friday. I am looking forward to my Friday's weigh in to see if the weight has changed or not.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
DK
you are so right, I sound like a spoiled little brat right now LOL. it's ok though, i will not be doing vodka perriers again. one, i woke up with the worst headache of my life on sunday morning and two, my kidneys actually HURT all day yesterday. no thank you!

word to all you wise women, if you cheat your body is not gonna like it and you will hurt somehow from it! take it from me
OMG, I know exactly what you mean, last thursday when I had wine, the next day I was a zombie. I had to take couple of ibuprofins just to get to work and the whole day was a blur for me. On top of it had to give a presentation at 3pm on that Friday which was NOT fun at all.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Default Good afternoon everyone ....

I am on day one of my new lifestyle change. I have 50 pounds to lose.

Started this morning with the Banana-Pineapple shake, wasn't delicious but ok.

Lunch was the chocolate pudding, again not delicious but I can see adding some ice and putting it in blender and it might be alright.

I also made a huge bowl of salad for lunch, and couldn't finish it. Celery, cucumbers, mushrooms and romaine lettuce.

I did find that I had to munch on some lettuce between breakfast and lunch. But I don't know if I was hungry , or worried about being hungry. YKWIM.

so my first day questions are .....

Supplements, took my vitamins, iron pill, and cal-mag this morning. It kept coming back at me all morning. I could taste the capsules (at least that's what I think it was). Anyone else have this, or maybe I took too long to swallow them.

Veggies - I know you can have two cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. Can I spread it around more than that, have say 1/2 cup morning snack, then lunch, then afternoon snack then dinner.

I see some of you using splenda, my coach has said no sweeteners at all. He said 1 ounce of milk in coffee or tea in the morning. but I need sugar, so my chooses are not drink it at all, or use a sweeter. What do you do.

So looking forward to my real food tonight, chicken with shredded broccolie, cauliflower, asparagus tossed in olive oil and a little garlic and rosemary down under the broiler.

Of course I will be staring at the lasagna, and leftover birthday cake for my husband yesterday. Thankfully there is only enough to feed hubby and the kids so I have no choice but to eat the chicken.

Water so far isn't hard, I find I'm actually thirsty, so its only 1:00 here and I'm already 6 500ml bottles into the day, shouldn't be a problem get the right amount in.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kim
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #12  

Oooh, boy! Am I glad it's Monday. Let's just forget about that weekend, shall we?

Back on the wagon.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
Oooh, boy! Am I glad it's Monday. Let's just forget about that weekend, shall we?

Back on the wagon.
I hear ya! LOL

WyoSun~ Awesome numbers!! and in the 160's, too! woo-hoo!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #14  

TO CANADIAN MAMA: I don't know that you're supposed to be taking an iron supplements on the IDEAL PROTEIN plan. Are you doing IP or NEW LIFESTYLES? Most people on IP protocol use Stevia, a natural herb sweetener or Splenda (sucralose) which is in many of the IP packets. Count the Splenda as a carb and don't exceed 3 packets per day. The powdered Stevia is a carb but the liquid might be less b/c it doesn't require all the "caking" carby stuff?!?!?!?

Sometimes I wonder how experienced the coaches are--that can make a HUGE difference in the info you get. Also, some coaches are medical pros, others are folks who did IP themselves so there is a HUGE difference in coaching input.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

so still wondering if butter is a no no bc of the fat, or if the milk solids or something would throw you out of ketosis? Anyone have any ideas? Somehow the idea of crab and olive oil just doesn't do it for me. BUT if butter is going to mess with any weight loss I guess I will stick a birthday candle in a bar and call it good!
Closed Thread