3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - April 24-25th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/200221-ip-chat-april-24-25th.html)

jordanna 04-25-2010 11:59 PM

Well - I did it, I made it through a small family birthday celebration with no cheats on friday (Hudson's actual birthday) and then the big massive birthday party with 40 people and so much food today. It really helped that weigh in is tomorrow morning and I knew there was no way I'd be able to get it off before stepping on the scale.

Unfortunately Tricia my cake didn't arrive - I'm hoping tomorrow though, we saved 2 cupcakes from today's festivities for my husband and little guy to have as a treat tomorrow so I will enjoy a cupcake with them!!

Sassy - you look BEAUTIFUL in that dress!!

frumpygirl69 04-26-2010 12:04 AM

welcome POOKEE

well tomorrow is my WI i hope to be down 4.5lbs that would put me at -15lbs for 3 weeks. i was wondering if gum is gonna throw a person off ketosis? and also how bad it is gonna fool up the diet? i have such week moments and gum will curve taking that bite or reaching for something i would love to eat but shouldn't . the listerine strips dont cut it. so please does anyone know?

and this thread was soo hard to find i started to panic a little when i couldnt find you beautiful people that get me threw each day. im thankful for you all!

Calgarygirlie 04-26-2010 12:09 AM

Frumpygirl69 My WI is tmrw too, so fingers crossed for us both, it will be the three week mark for me too :) When it comes to gum, it seems that the best plan is to just stay away from it completely. In the sugar free gums, there is aspartame, which is a no-no. This may sound totally crazy, but I find that brushing my teeth helps when you get that feeling. Since we are so used to brushing and not eating after, it may help trick your body...who knows lol.

Jordanna! Well done, birthdays and family events can be brutal..so yay! I have 2 birthdays coming up in May, which I have to make the cakes for, not so sure how I will do with the licking the bowl factor, but hopefully a little will power dust will get me through :)

Sarkbait 04-26-2010 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 (Post 3263851)
welcome POOKEE

well tomorrow is my WI i hope to be down 4.5lbs that would put me at -15lbs for 3 weeks. i was wondering if gum is gonna throw a person off ketosis? and also how bad it is gonna fool up the diet? i have such week moments and gum will curve taking that bite or reaching for something i would love to eat but shouldn't . the listerine strips dont cut it. so please does anyone know?

and this thread was soo hard to find i started to panic a little when i couldnt find you beautiful people that get me threw each day. im thankful for you all!

I use Xylitol gum from the korean market. There is 3g of carbs for two pieces, all sugar alcohol, but there isn't any aspertame in it. I chew one piece when I get desperate

BevS 04-26-2010 07:40 AM

Just letting people know if you're interested in Lindora's sales, they are having a 30% off sale on shakes, beverages, and puddings now through April 28.

sassykimann 04-26-2010 08:27 AM

Good Morning all!

I weighed in for my week 8 WI and I am down 4 pounds for a total of 47 pounds. I was hoping to hit the 50 pound lost but I have been running everyday and doing aquabox so I guess the excercise does slow down the weight loss.

Thank you for all the beautiful compliments on my dress. I cant wait to wear it on Sept 18.

Here is to a fabulous week ahead ladies

fluffymama 04-26-2010 10:35 AM

only lost one lb. I am bummed!

deinekatze 04-26-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3264278)
only lost one lb. I am bummed!

hey you are down one pound...DOWN...it is positive!

Remember before IP when you went up instead? you are chipping away and that is GOOD!

Calgarygirlie 04-26-2010 10:53 AM

Sassy Yes! nice work! That is a great number for 8 weeks in. There is no doubt you ARE a smokin hot bride!

Fluffy Don't feel down...it's all the right direction, and that is another pound you will never see again.

I am off to WI, so wish me luck and light clothing :)

deinekatze 04-26-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie (Post 3264323)
Sassy Yes! nice work! That is a great number for 8 weeks in. There is no doubt you ARE a smokin hot bride!

Fluffy Don't feel down...it's all the right direction, and that is another pound you will never see again.

I am off to WI, so wish me luck and light clothing :)

GOOD LUCK!

stacerp 04-26-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlee girl (Post 3263506)
Another 5lbs down for the week:carrot: I'm so excited. I will post this on the recipe boards too but I have a yummy recipe to share. You take one package of maple oatmeal, add one egg white and a bit of water. I started with about a tablespoon and just added a wee bit at a time until mixture was thick but runny. Kinda like bran muffin batter texture. I divided and put into 2 ramikins...you do need to give it a tiny spray with pam and bake for about 10 minutes at 350. I put them in my toaster over which I preheated first. Careful not to over cook and eat while warm. My coach told me about this. OMG!!!!!! If you miss bread at all on this diet....which I do sometimes....this solves the craving. It was so good....I've decided that this is my Saturday morning ritual from now on. Next week I will try it with a bit of WF peanut butter:)

I am glad I hadn't had breakfast yet when I read this. I made it and it was really good - kinda like Bread Pudding... I melted some WF Apple Butter (cuz that consistency is just too weird) and poured that over the top and then topped with a little WF Peanut Butter (finally opened it and ewwww... but not too bad mixed with the apple butter). I had to bake them 15 instead of 10. Thanks for the great idea!

Speaking of breakfast: When do you all eat yours? On other diets you're told to eat as soon as you get up so that you get your metabolism revving. On IP I wait until 9:00 AM (I get up at 5 or 6 AM) so that I can last until lunch since I don't have time to eat veggies midmorning. My two cups of coffee allow me to wait until 9AM.

Teresad 04-26-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarkbait (Post 3263905)
I use Xylitol gum from the korean market. There is 3g of carbs for two pieces, all sugar alcohol, but there isn't any aspertame in it. I chew one piece when I get desperate

Most of Trident sugarless gum is sweetened with Xylitol as well - Xylitol is actually recommended by dentists as it has been shown to kill the bacteria in your mouth than can cause cavities - (my husbands a dentists and always has our little girls chew Xylitol gum after eating anything sweet...

-Teresa

babs181 04-26-2010 11:32 AM

I saw on last week's thread and this week, questions about phase 3 and 4, being in phase 4 right now, I'm hoping I can help.

Deine,
I transitioned to phase 3, 3 weeks before a bachelorette party, I knew that I wanted that to be a cheat day for me, so I spent 2 weeks on phase 3 and 1 on phase 4/maintenance to learn to eat normally before my cheat day, then 1 day strict phase 1 to maintain and not let the day affect me
the newbie asking about maintenance last week, don't remember who This diet has been so easy since phase 4, it's all about separating fats and carbs, and being reasonable. I eat my fats like cheese and dairy at lunch, and my carbs at dinner, pasta, etc, I've had nice healthy english breakfasts most days, and my cheat day once every week or two so far, 1 for my 4 year anniversary with boyfriend and 1 for the bachelorette party. If I want something bad for me, I either save it for the cheat day, or have a little piece of dark chocolate as a snack. Read Dr Tran's book, it's a free pdf file on his website, and really informative and helpful about healthy eating!!

jordanna 04-26-2010 12:28 PM

Hiya everyone - just popping in to say I've lost 4.3 lbs this week :)

Keep up the great work everyone, we're all going to be fantastic in time for summer!! I gotta run, my laptop has fatally crashed and I need to go try and pull some data off of it before all is lost :)

Be back later when my computer crisis is over ... you know because I only have 2 other computers sitting on my desk, but my laptop is my lifeline :)

Teresad 04-26-2010 12:38 PM

Jordanna - can I just say WOOHOO!!! on your weightloss... you'll be in wonderland before you know it!!!

ack - hate to hear about your laptop crashing! good luck!

-Teresa