3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - April 24-25th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/200221-ip-chat-april-24-25th.html)

jordanna 04-24-2010 01:21 PM

IP Chat - April 24-25th

Hey everyone - we got the word again!! Here's the new chat thread

Here is the link to the old thread

IP Chat - April 19 - 25

I've noticed that some of the newer IP Chatters are answering each post individually. This is using up valuable chat thread space and causing dial up users to have a harder time getting on and having the pages load.

If you go down to the right hand corner, you will notice there is a button to quote and then next to it is another button called multi-quote - use this option to answer many people at once. Read the entire page of the thread and hit multi-quote for anyone you would like to respond too. Once you get to the last quote you want to comment on hit quote and all of the people you want to respond to will be quoted in one message!

Hope that helps!

fluffymama 04-24-2010 01:52 PM

had a hard time finding the thread. Having a hard day emotionally. Please pray for me today

amyjobeth 04-24-2010 02:04 PM

This is my first time here and I am so excited to find you all. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

First of all, how do I get one of those cute pounds counters you have on the bottom of your posts?

Second, I am starting the 4th week of IP with 15 pounds down. I started eating the "one a day" packets and I have noticed that I am no longer in ketosis. Is this normal>

Thanks so much!!!

jordanna 04-24-2010 02:15 PM

Hey Fluffy - sorry to hear your having such a rotten day, you're in my thoughts. Sometimes when things are going really wrong for me I try to remember that sometimes the reason God puts us on a certain path isn't clear in the beginning but that there is a reason and that this too shall pass :)

Hiya Amy welcome to 3FC!

Regarding the ticker, you will be able to get a signature after 20 days and 25 posts so it's just a matter of waiting!

Regarding the restricted items this was discussed in the last weeks thread as well as many other threads - I'd suggest going back to read through some of them, there is lots of great advice from lots of great people! This is the gist of the restricted items:

recent research on the diet has come out showing that people are falling in and out of ketosis when they are eating restricted items everyday. People are using much more sweetner and extras than the diet originally intended and that combined with restricted items is causing people not to be able to stay in ketosis.

Without ketosis this is a starvation diet as we are only consuming about 700ish calories per day and that's not what IP is advocating - so in order to combat that, coaches are now being told to recommend that in the beginning to get deep in to ketosis clients should avoid restricted items, and after a few weeks they are allowed to have a couple a week as a treat.

That's where the variation comes from. Also, IP is doing regional training sessions to try to standardize the care clients are receiving and the information they are being given

showgirlaz 04-24-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3262792)
had a hard time finding the thread. Having a hard day emotionally. Please pray for me today

:hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your family situation. I truly wish you all the best. Stay strong. Mind yourself and take care of what you need. It is important that you do for those little ones of yours!

Prayers,

pitakitten 04-24-2010 02:48 PM

Thank you so much for the explanation on the restricted items. I was told I could have 2 a week and on those days do NOT have any other restricted items such as bars or chips. To be it seems silly to go through the trouble of being on this diet and then sabatage is by having one bad packet. As of today I wont have any of those for a while.

I am at day 6 now. I broke down yesterday and bought ketosis stix. I tried it last night and I am in ketosis but not dark purple at all...I am about 5mg/l which is the 3rd colour pallet on the box. I made my boy friend do it too as a negative control and his had no colour so I know something is happening.

Here is my main question: Should I be getting to the deep purple range eventually or maybe I never will??

ps: cheated 2 nights ago and had a very slim vodka drink with soda water....excuse: brother and family were in town for one night. Zero food cheating though, except that I had salmon and well that is fatty fish.

guess I just need someone to tell me that I am not messing up. I have my next appointment with nutritionist in 5 days as I didn't want to go every week.

Rocky Monarch 04-24-2010 03:09 PM

Hi all,
Just joined the site, but have been reading it for about 2 weeks. So informative and helpful (and convinced me to give IP a try!) I have to say I find it hard to navigate on the board, I was able to read all the chats (in a row) through Jan 31st and then the thread just stopped and I could not figure out where it went. And then I found this one. But I feel sad that I missed that 2-1/2 months of everyone's story! Anyway, if anyone has any "navigational" advice I would appreciate it, I cannot seem to find any directions about it on the site in general...

All that said, here I am! My partner and I started on plan on Monday and he is already down (unofficially) 10 lbs. Our first weigh in should be this week but I will be out of town for work. So, my first weigh in will be 2 weeks in. I am hoping I can stay motivated without that number, especially when traveling and working.

I have to say I feel different already. NSV: Last night we went to a concert and I could cross my legs and they stayed crossed, that counts as success for me!

WyoSun 04-24-2010 04:31 PM

Took me a while to get throught the posts. And I had only missed 2 days. Wow. I just have to read everything, cause I don't want to miss anything at all.

Fluffymam....You have been in my thoughts for the last few days. Please remember that things will turn out all right. It is tough now, but when you look back you see that it was for the best. :hug:

jordana and CW.....congrats, I'm so excited for you guys.

libbyshims....great pics, you look awesome.

Hi newbies and lurkers....welcome....I like most of the IP foods and nothing has made me gag. I thought that was funny. But, that is why I'm in the shape I am cause I like almost everything!!!!

I just ended my 8th week and have been on boot camp the whole time. Have had the vinegar crisps occassionally, but for the most part nothing restricted. I do some excersize on the Wii or I walk, but I am not faithful with it. I am down 28 lbs(1.4 this week) so that makes an average of 3.5 lbs per week. I'm thrilled with that kind of loss. To see what I really lost the last 2 weeks you about have to combine them as I was out of town last week and couldn't weigh. I weighed in on Mon. for a 4.5 lb. loss and adding this weeks to it(weighed today) it makes 5.9 for the 2 weeks. I would love to make the 160's by next Sat.
So excited about everyone's NSV's this week.
I will be very busy next week, so may only lurk....but, I am thinking about all of you. Keep up the good work. :)

Forgot to mention a couple other things. I drink 64 oz of water plus I drink anywhere from 3 to 6 cups of hot tea.(decaff) I was just counting the tea as some of my water, but my coach wanted me to drink all the water plus. It has made me feel fuller and seems to have helped my weight loss a little. We will see next week for sure.

I also make my soups with reduced sodium chicken broth. It adds some flavor. I asked the coach about this and she said it was fine. I'm sure some probably don't allow it.

pitakitten 04-24-2010 05:59 PM

anyone know why ONLY raw onions are allowed and not cooked??

Rocky Monarch 04-24-2010 06:55 PM

onions convert their starch into more sugar when they cook (which is why they carmelize and taste so good!). but green onions, leeks and shallots are ok cooked.

My new discovery:
the crunchy cereal in a shaker with water (and a small splash of carb-reduced milk, if you want) add a DROP of vanilla and some nutmeg. shake and pour into your bowl. nummy!

pitakitten 04-24-2010 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=Rocky Monarch;3263036]onions convert their starch into more sugar when they cook (which is why they carmelize and taste so good!). but green onions, leeks and shallots are ok cooked.

Thanks a bunch! I love shallots. Was thinking of making burgers tonight and I always like mixing them with onions, I'll try it with shallots.
---------merge --------------
dont mean to whiney but I have so much thinking work to do for work and can not concentrate due to lack of food. Its day 6, and I know I am in ketosis so why doesn't this feeling of disorientation not go away. Its killing me and making me so inefficient in what I have to do.

Mirazon 04-24-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch (Post 3262856)
...I was able to read all the chats (in a row) through Jan 31st and then the thread just stopped and I could not figure out where it went. And then I found this one. But I feel sad that I missed that 2-1/2 months of everyone's story! Anyway, if anyone has any "navigational" advice I would appreciate it, I cannot seem to find any directions about it on the site in general...

First WELCOME to all the newbies:)! You'll find a lot of support and advice here.

To find the missing chats: Scroll to the blue/purple toolbar at the top of the page. Click the down arrow by Search and click on "Advanced Search." Once the new screen opens, type "Ideal Protein" in the Search by Key Word Box and under Search in Forums scroll down to "Carb Counters" and select the child forum "Other Reduced Carb Diets." Finally click the "Search Now" button and the results will include all the weekly chats that have been going on.

Happy Reading!

fluffymama 04-24-2010 07:23 PM

thank you ladies for your support. I am trying to get through this, day by day, but some days are just much harder than others! Your support means the world to me!!

deinekatze 04-24-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

You are in my thoughts and prayers and everything will work out perfectly

I hope this posts ok as I am using my Blacberry. We had a bit of bad weather here and lightning fried our modem (my Fiance is trying to fix the situation as we speak) but no matter the weather you have me here! Guess I can't keep away from 3FC now lol... Better that tan food I guess hahaha

Many hugs Fluffy, good energy is being sent your way

brocola 04-24-2010 08:30 PM

Fell off wagon today. Not sure what got into me. Won't even say what I ate, because it made no sense. Sometimes the stress of not eating and counting every morsel is so overwhelming:(.

I just want to be a normal person who eats 'normally'. I had hoped that after 30+ days I would have learned how to eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm not. Instead, now I'm a thinner obsessed person!!

Hoping for a better day tomorrow...

BevS 04-24-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Hi, fluffy, I have had a hard time in the past finding the newest thread as well. I have found an easy way to get there. Go up above the purple user bar. click on "Other reduced Carb Diets." Arrow down to "IP Chat" with the current date. There's a lot of other neat stuff on there too.

BevS 04-24-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3262836)
I am at day 6 now. I broke down yesterday and bought ketosis stix. I tried it last night and I am in ketosis but not dark purple at all...I am about 5mg/l which is the 3rd colour pallet on the box. I made my boy friend do it too as a negative control and his had no colour so I know something is happening.

Here is my main question: Should I be getting to the deep purple range eventually or maybe I never will??

Actually, you lose more weight when you're in the light to moderate ketosis range. Sounds wrong, but it's not. This is found in the book The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle MacDonald.

BlueMermaid 04-25-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch (Post 3263036)
My new discovery:
the crunchy cereal in a shaker with water (and a small splash of carb-reduced milk, if you want) add a DROP of vanilla and some nutmeg. shake and pour into your bowl. nummy!

I too like the crispy cereal. I just put it in a very small bowl and add really cold water. It is kind of like crunchy rice krispies.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
pitakitten[/B] dont mean to whiney but I have so much thinking work to do for work and can not concentrate due to lack of food. Its day 6, and I know I am in ketosis so why doesn't this feeling of disorientation not go away. Its killing me and making me so inefficient in what I have to do.

Try some caffeine. :coffee: You just need to drink extra water but it may help you with the brain fog. The brain fog should go away once your brain starts using ketones for fuel instead of carbs. Make sure you are eating all 4 cups of vegetables a day. Your brain still gets 25% of it fuel from carbs and 75% from ketones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3263067)
thank you ladies for your support. I am trying to get through this, day by day, but some days are just much harder than others! Your support means the world to me!!

Hang if there fluffy, If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it and you will be a stronger person for it. Concentrate on your children. They are more important to you than any man ever could be. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocola (Post 3263111)
Fell off wagon today. Not sure what got into me. Won't even say what I ate, because it made no sense. Sometimes the stress of not eating and counting every morsel is so overwhelming:(.

I just want to be a normal person who eats 'normally'. I had hoped that after 30+ days I would have learned how to eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm not. Instead, now I'm a thinner obsessed person!!

I have been having the same problem lately. It usually comes with my pms but this is happening way too much now. Hang in there and keep climbing back upon the horse. I don't think any diet is easy, this one just spoils us because it seems easier than most diets. Keep trying and keep your chin up. Don't beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is another day. :dancer:

BlueMermaid 04-25-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3263073)
I hope this posts ok as I am using my Blacberry. We had a bit of bad weather here and lightning fried our modem (my Fiance is trying to fix the situation as we speak) but no matter the weather you have me here! Guess I can't keep away from 3FC now lol... Better that tan food I guess hahaha

I just did one of the workouts that came with the BOSU ball. I really had a wonderful time. It was the total body workout. It gets your heart rate up so you need to be careful. I tried to do the long and lean workout but it was like yoga and pilates. I don't really care for it. The next time I am going to try the absolute abs workout it came with. I did some bridges too before I finished. Thanks for the tip! :trampo::exercise:

pitakitten 04-25-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

OMG, I think it was destiny that I saw your post. I had so much thinking work to do yesterday that my brain was just starved for glucose. Don't think it has learned to use ketones for that yet. I cheated big time, I had a chicken salad sandwitch (home made) and some feta cheese. Needless to say I was able to think clearly and do my work. Felt so darn guilty though that I drank a cleansing tea so clean everything out.

in short: I am in the same boat. I at times feel that I just do not see myself eating this way and all those darn protein packs for 5 more weeks!! but then I think about my weight. Basically going back and forth thinking it is worth it the looking good or not.

I think it is because I feel so yucky about myself with the rolling hills of ireland on my stomach that I think it is worth it, for me and not anyone else.

I am back at it today. I think my body still hase some sugar left it from yeserday so going to do finish my work stuff before it hits me again.

and ofcourse I threw everything out. Except the cookies which I am saving for my parents.

argggg.

Sarkbait 04-25-2010 01:53 PM

I also fell of the wagon, after 10 weeks of doing so well...

My friends go married, and I was starving, and I love cheese so much. So my cheat: fruit, crackers, cheese, pasta

O.o fortunately, I took this time to enjoy and savor every bite and noticed that I didn't crave the cookies, cake, or any of that. I just really wanted fruit

deinekatze 04-25-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3263198)
I just did one of the workouts that came with the BOSU ball. I really had a wonderful time. It was the total body workout. It gets your heart rate up so you need to be careful. I tried to do the long and lean workout but it was like yoga and pilates. I don't really care for it. The next time I am going to try the absolute abs workout it came with. I did some bridges too before I finished. Thanks for the tip! :trampo::exercise:

NICE STUFF!!!

just slow things down and that should bring your heart rate down while REALLY hitting the muscles hard... a suggestion ;-)

Good work!

pitakitten 04-25-2010 02:26 PM

Try some caffeine. :coffee: You just need to drink extra water but it may help you with the brain fog. The brain fog should go away once your brain starts using ketones for fuel instead of carbs. Make sure you are eating all 4 cups of vegetables a day. Your brain still gets 25% of it fuel from carbs and 75% from ketones.

Thanks bluemermaid... I did try having celery to get me rolling but didn't work and some brocolli. I'll be better. I obssesed over what I had done all last night, and from what I found out, I will be out of wack (not loosing fat) for a day or 2. I tell you, it so was not worth the guilt and the trauma to my being.

libbyshims 04-25-2010 02:54 PM

Looks like this weekend has been a bit of a toughy for a lot of us! I too, fell off the wagon....wine, cards with friends, more wine, cheese, fruit, even more wine....TOM this morning and up 3 pounds! Was supposed to start phase 2 this week, but am now going back to phase 1 to get rid of the excess from my weekend binge! Fingers crossed it is only TOM that is causing this, but really hope it is the error of my ways. I needed the lesson b/c of the fact that I had a Vegas Trip/Anniversary Party and still lost. In the back of my mind, I knew that I was in danger, because as I was eating my 3rd block of cheese in my head I heard, "you ate way more than this in Vegas and still lost weight....you will be fine..." sigh. Lesson learned!!!

For those of you having a rough time, please hang in there and know my thoughts are with all of you! So great to have this forum for support!!!

:)

Calgarygirlie 04-25-2010 04:12 PM

Anyone else been shut out of 3FC for the past bit?....whew, thank goodness it is back up, I don't think I could go through food and 3FC withdrawal at the same time :)
WI tomorrow, for my 3 week mark...wish me luck!

sassykimann 04-25-2010 04:19 PM

Happy Sunday everyone!

I have been so darn busy that I have had no time to really check in but I spent some time catching up so now I feel like Im back :)

I had to buy a new wedding dress! The one I bought cannot be altered so after a lot of shopping I found an amazing dress. It shows off my curves and I feel so sexy in it. I will post a pic or a link soon. I bought it a size too small for extra motivation as Im almost into the smaller size (my old wedding dress was a street size 24) and this one is a street size 16. WOOHOO http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1272226838

I had to do some travelling for a conference and got through it unphased. I prepacked veggies etc and I was excellent at supper.

I am training to run the 5k at national capital race weekend in May so I set out today for a 3 km run (im working my way up to 5km) but went down an unmarked path and my dog and I ended up walking 15.6 km. It was like a bad episode of gilligan's island. We are both exhausted now and I know Im going to be starving at supper so I think I will have a little extra chicken at supper.

I tried the orange drink for the first time and loved it. Now on my list of must orders.

I have a serious question. On Tuesday i was diagnosed with PCOS (how the heck it took them this long, I have no idea) my insulin levels are through the roof but sugar levels are low. She said I am doing everything right but that my body is fighting me. She wants me to have the glucose test done but if I do that Im going to be kicked out of ketosis and Im such a roll (I think Im going to hit 50 pounds in 8 weeks tomorrow) that I cant imagine doing anything to ruin in. I was thinking I would put off the testing until August when I go into PHase 3 (for the preparation of my wedding in sept and honeymoon). Would you guys do the testing or would you wait? I left a voicemail at the specialists' office to ask her so Im waiting to hear from her.

deinekatze 04-25-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie (Post 3263370)
Anyone else been shut out of 3FC for the past bit?....whew, thank goodness it is back up, I don't think I could go through food and 3FC withdrawal at the same time :)
WI tomorrow, for my 3 week mark...wish me luck!

YES, I even EMAILED THEM... it was scary! hahahaha

deinekatze 04-25-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassykimann (Post 3263375)
Happy Sunday everyone!

I have been so darn busy that I have had no time to really check in but I spent some time catching up so now I feel like Im back :)

I had to buy a new wedding dress! The one I bought cannot be altered so after a lot of shopping I found an amazing dress. It shows off my curves and I feel so sexy in it. I will post a pic or a link soon. I bought it a size too small for extra motivation as Im almost into the smaller size (my old wedding dress was a street size 24) and this one is a street size 16. WOOHOO http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1272226838

I had to do some travelling for a conference and got through it unphased. I prepacked veggies etc and I was excellent at supper.

I am training to run the 5k at national capital race weekend in May so I set out today for a 3 km run (im working my way up to 5km) but went down an unmarked path and my dog and I ended up walking 15.6 km. It was like a bad episode of gilligan's island. We are both exhausted now and I know Im going to be starving at supper so I think I will have a little extra chicken at supper.

I tried the orange drink for the first time and loved it. Now on my list of must orders.

I have a serious question. On Tuesday i was diagnosed with PCOS (how the heck it took them this long, I have no idea) my insulin levels are through the roof but sugar levels are low. She said I am doing everything right but that my body is fighting me. She wants me to have the glucose test done but if I do that Im going to be kicked out of ketosis and Im such a roll (I think Im going to hit 50 pounds in 8 weeks tomorrow) that I cant imagine doing anything to ruin in. I was thinking I would put off the testing until August when I go into PHase 3 (for the preparation of my wedding in sept and honeymoon). Would you guys do the testing or would you wait? I left a voicemail at the specialists' office to ask her so Im waiting to hear from her.

I can't say about the testing as I am no expert at that but I have to tell you YOU ARE GLOWING!!!!!

I LOVE your smile in that stunning dress!!!!

I think the glucose is "fighting you" because it is being challenged. Maybe if you hold off a bit it will finally "take"?

Such a sweet smile you have... I still can't get over it... BEAUTIFUL!

Calgarygirlie 04-25-2010 04:30 PM

Sassy! You look BEAUTIFUL!!! You are already a glowing bride:)

I wish I could help you out with your dilemma, but it would be uninformed advice to say the least. I can only say that doing what is best for you in terms of long term health can never be wrong. Chin up, and know that things will work out. Just take another peek at your photo you posted and say Woo Hoo!!!

Ha Ha just saw DK said glowing too. You really do look happy inside out!

HopefulTricia 04-25-2010 05:31 PM

To all the newbies-- I recommend you stick with this diet. I felt awful in the beginning (around weeks 2 or 3-- I think week 3) but once you get your rhythm, the plan is a no brainer. 10 weeks have flown by and I have lost over 30 lbs. Yes I do still struggle some days but I have never been on a diet and not cheated the way I have done with this diet. My only real food cheats have been with IP food. Avoided all the cookies and chocolate and breads that would normally be my downfall. It is important to eat the veggies, sea salt and olive oil and the water too.
Jordanna - did you get the mini cake mix? How was the party? adorable pic of the birthday boy!
Sassy-love the way that dress must make you feel. what a smile! and you are still going... good for you!
Fluffymama- take care of yourself and those boys. I wish we could help you more ....
I'm reading about a lot of cheats this weekend. My cheat was two bars & Lindora hot chocolate when I got home after not having anything like that for over a week. Total of 6 IPs for the day... ugh, not good.
But to all of us! No reason to turn back or consider it a failure. We have done the best we could and now we will move on forward, starting fresh tomorrow. Okey dokey??
This error in judgment all began with some sugarless gum. It really does make you hungry, or at least makes me want to chew something...should just avoid it entirely.
We need to focus on the successes!!

harlee girl 04-25-2010 06:44 PM

Another 5lbs down for the week:carrot: I'm so excited. I will post this on the recipe boards too but I have a yummy recipe to share. You take one package of maple oatmeal, add one egg white and a bit of water. I started with about a tablespoon and just added a wee bit at a time until mixture was thick but runny. Kinda like bran muffin batter texture. I divided and put into 2 ramikins...you do need to give it a tiny spray with pam and bake for about 10 minutes at 350. I put them in my toaster over which I preheated first. Careful not to over cook and eat while warm. My coach told me about this. OMG!!!!!! If you miss bread at all on this diet....which I do sometimes....this solves the craving. It was so good....I've decided that this is my Saturday morning ritual from now on. Next week I will try it with a bit of WF peanut butter:)

sam0617 04-25-2010 07:14 PM

Had a busy week and just got caught up on reading all the posts. Took me a while to find the new thread. Every one seems to be doing really well (yea!) Don't know about the rest of you but I am getting a little anxious about summer and just want to be at my goal. I lost 2.5 this week and am happy with that but at the rate I am going I will not be at my goal by June 17th (my birthday) which is what I was really wishing for. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can speed things up a bit, I would really appreciate any feedback. Many of you are so knowledgeable about this diet. I have not cheated once, I keep my carbs under 30 a day. I drink between 72 and 80 oz of water a day. Just wondering if there is something I could be doing that would give me that extra 1.5 lb a week.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097...7/160/194/.png

deinekatze 04-25-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam0617 (Post 3263545)
Had a busy week and just got caught up on reading all the posts. Every one seems to be doing really well. Don't know about the rest of you but I am getting anxious about summer and just want to be at my goal. I lost 2.5 this week and happy with that but at the rate I am going I will not be at my goal by my birthday June 17 which is what I was really wishing for. Any suggestions on how I can speed thing up a bit.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097...7/160/194/.png

I 'd like that suggestion too!

My wedding is in 40 days and I am wondering if I should be transitioning into any other phase now (even though I'm no where near my goal yet) in order to eat like normal folks by my wedding/honeymoon.?

pitakitten 04-25-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3263205)
OMG, I think it was destiny that I saw your post. I had so much thinking work to do yesterday that my brain was just starved for glucose. Don't think it has learned to use ketones for that yet. I cheated big time, I had a chicken salad sandwitch (home made) and some feta cheese. Needless to say I was able to think clearly and do my work. Felt so darn guilty though that I drank a cleansing tea so clean everything out.

in short: I am in the same boat. I at times feel that I just do not see myself eating this way and all those darn protein packs for 5 more weeks!! but then I think about my weight. Basically going back and forth thinking it is worth it the looking good or not.

I think it is because I feel so yucky about myself with the rolling hills of ireland on my stomach that I think it is worth it, for me and not anyone else.

I am back at it today. I think my body still hase some sugar left it from yeserday so going to do finish my work stuff before it hits me again.

and ofcourse I threw everything out. Except the cookies which I am saving for my parents.

argggg.

YEAB...its been validated! it took me excatly 24 hours since I had the binge to fall of ketosis. Atleast now I know that my ketosis sticks are good quality. So would it take another 4 to 5 days to get back into it again??? I will just die if that is the case.....

Kelsey 04-25-2010 08:17 PM

I'm trying to stay on non-restricted IP items as many days as possible. The weekends are tough for me, as the restricted items are usually the most readily available with the least amount of work, and the yummiest taste. SO, during the week, I don't pack any for the day, and I'm able to avoid them at night (way too high in carbs for me to turn to them for pm snack - well except the other night when I was really craving chocolate -TOM - the caramel nut bar answered the call). Well, here's to another week. Hang in there everyone. WE CAN DO THIS! We will all like ourselves so much more if stick to our goals!

brocola 04-25-2010 08:49 PM

Well it was good to see I'm not alone in my struggles! It was a not so good weekend. After my binge Sat nite, I woke up with terrible leg cramps. I find that happens whenever I'm not following the IP rules. Today was another no IP day, maybe i needed a quick break. I do know there is no way I could move to Phase 2 yet. SO tomorrow morn, it's back to basics.

I feel so dirty.. like people are telling me how great I look, and I'm thinking, "yeah, I'm secretly stuffing my face for the last 24hrs". Geez, the guilt!

I also realized that a couple of out of my control things are overwhelming me, possibly sparking the binge. So the diet can change my body, is there something for my brain? Geez. Here's to hoping we can get back into ketosis quickly this week.

(CHANT) KETOSIS! KETOSIS!

BevS 04-25-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3263547)
I 'd like that suggestion too!

My wedding is in 40 days and I am wondering if I should be transitioning into any other phase now (even though I'm no where near my goal yet) in order to eat like normal folks by my wedding/honeymoon.?

Hi, dk, there is an actual Commando Boot Camp protocol you might be interested in. Here it is:

Commando Boot Camp & Cellulite Reduction

Try for 1 week. NO TREATS or whole proteins (fish, meat) except 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites. Eat only soups, shakes, and puddings.

EX: Breakfast: shake and coffee/tea w/1 oz. milk (if desired).

Lunch: soup w/veggies (see note) and salad (suggest lemon juice and olive oil w/spices (oregano, garlic, basil, thyme, etc.) in lieu of Walden Farms.

Dinner: IP omelet w/veggies (lightly saute mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli) OR use 1 whole egg w/3 egg whites. Have this w/another shake or pudding (double protein here).

Snack: pudding or shake

NOTE; You can have the omelet (or eggs) for lunch instead of soup. Then have soup w/pudding or shake for dinner.

Super Soup: In a basket steamer, lightly steam broccoli, asparagus, spinach, kale, cauliflower, or a combo of these. Mix the chicken soup in a shaker and put the veggies and soup in a blender. Puree. while blending add spices: suggest curry powder, coriander, cayenne pepper, cumin and/or sea salt. Heat in a sauce pan.

WyoSun 04-25-2010 09:12 PM

Oh...Sassy.....the dress is beautiful. And I agree, you are glowing.
I'm sorry it has been a bad weekend for some. Hoping the willpower kicks in for you and that you'll all have a great week of NSV's and losses.
I couldn't get to the 3fc forum since last night. They were definitely having some issues. Glad it is fixed.

I did some shopping today and took all 12's in the dressing room. Some fit and some didn't, but it was really nice to be able to try on a normal size. I had fun. Looking forward to taking 10's in with me the next time!!!!

Chaplains wifey 04-25-2010 10:30 PM

I went to a military family retreat this weekend . Had a great time but I had my first cheat since being on this diet . All our food was paid for so I ate what was provided . Did good except for lunch on sat they served us Chicken parmisian with noodles . I was so hungry and I ate it because I had nothing else to eat . Was so worried I messed everything up . But when I got home the first thing I did was weigh and I had not gained anything . Thank goodness. I have worked so hard and my husband will be home May 5th . So its good to be home and know im back on plan .

showgirlaz 04-25-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3262836)
I tried it last night and I am in ketosis but not dark purple at all...I am about 5mg/l which is the 3rd colour pallet on the box. I made my boy friend do it too as a negative control and his had no colour so I know something is happening.

I am never in the dark pink to purple range of ketosis UNLESS, I haven't had enough water for the day. You are doing fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch (Post 3262856)
I have to say I feel different already. NSV: Last night we went to a concert and I could cross my legs and they stayed crossed, that counts as success for me!

Congratulations!! I remember when I first got mine crossed. It was great! I am still amazed when I see how easily I can do that "little" thing now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3262994)
anyone know why ONLY raw onions are allowed and not cooked??

The fiber breaks down making the sugar more easily used by the body. Normally the fiber slows down the impact to our body as we digest the fiber to release the sugar and, as a result, don't get a quick insulin spike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch (Post 3263036)
My new discovery:

I love something like this! I take a shaker, really cold water, and 1 packet of french vanilla stevia powder (by NOW). It tastes YUMMY!

Quote:

I understand wanting to be normal. It isn't easy restricting our food choices VOLUNTARILY in a world where everything is available. Get back on track. You will be fine. Don't focus on it. You didn't ruin all you have done. Don't allow it to be a reason for other cheats between now and your next weigh in. Move forward! If you keep yourself strict the next few days, the impacts will be slight and ketosis will come back quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3263198)

YEAH!! :) Sounds like you had alot of fun! I can't wait to get back to the exercise I use to do! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3263205)

BRAIN FOG!!! When you get brain fog on a ketogenic diet, it is sometimes caused by your body needing more salt. You MIGHT try keeping some real salt with you and when that is happening mixing a little in water and drinking it. It sounds gross but it does the trick for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3263295)
Looks like this weekend has been a bit of a toughy for a lot of us! I too, fell off the wagon....wine, cards with friends, more wine, cheese, fruit, even more wine....TOM this morning and up 3 pounds! Was supposed to start phase 2 this week, but am now going back to phase 1 to get rid of the excess from my weekend binge! Fingers crossed it is only TOM that is causing this, but really hope it is the error of my ways. I needed the lesson b/c of the fact that I had a Vegas Trip/Anniversary Party and still lost. In the back of my mind, I knew that I was in danger, because as I was eating my 3rd block of cheese in my head I heard, "you ate way more than this in Vegas and still lost weight....you will be fine..." sigh. Lesson learned!!!

For those of you having a rough time, please hang in there and know my thoughts are with all of you! So great to have this forum for support!!!

:)

Just a thought, I can't remember what you ate in Vegas, the fruit and wine are very high sugars so you probably have alot of glucose/glycogen weight. Also, wine has sulfates that can cause water retention. Drink lots of water and get back to the program. You have been at this along time now so you should be back in ketosis sooner than 3 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassykimann (Post 3263375)
Happy Sunday everyone!

Sorry to hear about you and puppy's adventures! I am glad you made it home ok. :)

About the PCOS and insulin test. YOUR HEALTH COMES BEFORE ALL ELSE!! Some information I have learned is PCOS and INSULIN RESISTANCE go hand in hand. Find out if they do the glucose test will they be able to tell you if you have insulin resistance. This is crucial. A person with insulin resistance SHOULD NEVER (according to my Doctor) drop below a 30% fat intake when on a low carb diet. It would mean that you should have a little more omega 3/6/9 oil or olive oil in your diet than someone else. The benefit, you should lose even faster. It is important because of the way our bodies use the essential oils to make hormones and gaining control of the PCOS. You have made such remarkable change. Taking 2 or 3 days to test your body is well worth it to have a HEALTHY thin body.

Here is a tip. You will have to fast before the glucose test. When you are done, it will be tough, but eat a strict IP diet. NO restricted, or occasional veggies, just like week 1, for the rest of the day and the next 24 to 48 hours. What I am learning is you body opens little "doors" in the metabolism when sugars are present. If you don't keep giving sugars, the doors close quickly and you don't have the same issues of getting quickly back into ketosis as someone who eats a relaxed IP plan or thinks they will use the rest of the day as a cheat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSun (Post 3263665)
I did some shopping today and took all 12's in the dressing room. Some fit and some didn't, but it was really nice to be able to try on a normal size. I had fun. Looking forward to taking 10's in with me the next time!!!!

Congratulations! What fun you must have had!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey (Post 3263770)
I went to a military family retreat this weekend . Had a great time but I had my first cheat since being on this diet . All our food was paid for so I ate what was provided . Did good except for lunch on sat they served us Chicken parmisian with noodles . I was so hungry and I ate it because I had nothing else to eat . Was so worried I messed everything up . But when I got home the first thing I did was weigh and I had not gained anything . Thank goodness. I have worked so hard and my husband will be home May 5th . So its good to be home and know im back on plan .

Congratulations on keeping the weight off! I'm sure that was a hard lunch to enjoy given you are so focused on surprising hubby!

WELL! I had a good weekend. No cheats and hopefully a significant loss. I weigh in tomorrow morning so I will let you all know!