Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 03-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #31  
SkinnyChickWannabe

S/C/G: 193/182/135

Height: 5'6

I am curious...when you first started running did you have any knee trouble? I've started running and for some reason my right knee bothers me for a few days afterwards. In fact this last time my knee hurt so badly afterwards that I couldn't exercise for a week...it would wake me up in the middle of the night because the pain was so bad. I would have to straighten out my leg and sleep with it propped up. I even scheduled an appointment with my doctor but the pain has gone away so I figured it has healed. I never had problems before and I wonder if it's because I'm running on a hilly surface now versus where I used to live where it was VERY flat. My knee bothers me the most when I walk down the stairs after a day of running. I have to take baby steps down the stairs or just stop walking all together. any suggestions?
carlybaby26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #32  
Living the Laguna life...

How motivational I am training for my first marathon right now (San Diego - June 3rd!) I started running several years ago, and weight loss was a pleasent result...but now I do it because I just love to run! I've have tibial tendinitis for the past two weeks and haven't been able to run...let's just say I'm doing everything I can to not drown my sorrows in a tub of ice cream! Thanks for the inspiration!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Great story!! Congrats on everything you have achievied. You are an inspiration!
Briza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #34  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for telling your story. I think there might be hope for me yet! I've been a sporadic exerciser for the last 18 years and it's nice to hear what some consistency will do for a person. Do you have before and after pics?

L
Liannie is offline   Reply With Quote