Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 08-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Hi, i started Ideal Protein 10 months ago (44 weeks) and today, i made goal after losing 142 lbs and i couldn't be happier.

Here's a bit of my story...been yoyo dieting for years..past 2 years nothing that normally worked did and in March 2010 i bet with a dr and was put on the waiting list for gastric bypass, i weighted 250lbs at that time.

As time passed, i was really careless with my weight and ate whatever i wanted, i figured if i'm going to get surgery to get rid of it, what's the point in watching it.

Fastforward to summer 2011, still on the waiting list..on my way to work, i always walk by a gym where they advertize the IP diet...i decided to do some research on it and to be honest, wasn't totally convinced but figured i would check it out anyways so on August 1, 2011, i started the Ideal Protein diet and never looked back.

I was 100% the whole time, never cheated, never even thought of cheating. Was still making food for all my family, cakes, cookies, truffles at christmas.

Starting phase 2 and looking forward to a new life.

Here are some before and after pictures and here are my stats

Chest was 46in now 34in
Waist was 56 in now 29 in
Hips was 59 1/2 in now 39 in
OMG!OMG!OMG!....YOU ARE MY HOPE! YOU LOOK GREAT! I'm in week 3 of my journey w/ IP. I'm down 8 pds. and started at 258. CAN U BE MY COACH!?...lol!!!! i'M GETTING TIRED OF BROCC N SPINACH!!!!! I WILL JUST REMEMBER YOUR STORY AND JOURNEY TO HELP KEEP ME FOCUSED.
thenewme42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi, i started Ideal Protein 10 months ago (44 weeks) and today, i made goal after losing 142 lbs and i couldn't be happier.

Here's a bit of my story...been yoyo dieting for years..past 2 years nothing that normally worked did and in March 2010 i bet with a dr and was put on the waiting list for gastric bypass, i weighted 250lbs at that time.

As time passed, i was really careless with my weight and ate whatever i wanted, i figured if i'm going to get surgery to get rid of it, what's the point in watching it.

Fastforward to summer 2011, still on the waiting list..on my way to work, i always walk by a gym where they advertize the IP diet...i decided to do some research on it and to be honest, wasn't totally convinced but figured i would check it out anyways so on August 1, 2011, i started the Ideal Protein diet and never looked back.

I was 100% the whole time, never cheated, never even thought of cheating. Was still making food for all my family, cakes, cookies, truffles at christmas.

Starting phase 2 and looking forward to a new life.

Here are some before and after pictures and here are my stats

Chest was 46in now 34in
Busymomx4- I want to THANK YOU for sharing your success story, pictures and your secret to getting rid of that weight and for motivating us!
When I started IP diet 13 weeks ago, I joined the IP forum, and received valuable information, and lots of encouragement! Everyone is very supportive and that has helped me immensely
I also was going over before and after pictures, and if you take a look back, I posted here the day after I started IP diet (I started on August 13) your story and your before/after pictures are a great motivation to me! You mentioned you were ALWAYS 100% OP and NEVER cheated or thought of cheating, and so I told myself I would also not cheat EVER and I would stay 100% OP AT ALL TIMES...Thank you! Also, the ladies in the IP diet forum keep me going, I also learned from them that if I cheat, I would only be cheating myself.
I am now 54lbs down, and I couldn't be more proud of myself! 13 weeks ago I was 54lbs bigger , and when I think about it, those 13 weeks have really gone by pretty fast! I am almost half way of my goal, honestly, I don't even know right now what my weight goal is, but I do know that I would know it when I get there!
Thank you again for sharing your story, for telling us that it's possible to stay 100% and for showing us that it can be done..
You're truly an inspiration
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:26 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Update

As i’m about to hit my 3-year maintenance anniversary, i wanted to post an update as we all know that maintaining is really difficult and statistics are against us.

So… I’m about 5lbs over my goal right now (160lbs), I am NOT happy about it and I know what I need to do but I’m just too lazy right now to put in the work.

I was 5lbs under goal at this time last year (150lbs) but was getting married so had a good incentive to keep things in check lol.

It’s a daily struggle and it is very difficult, I won’t lie… I hate it! But with IP, the solution is always at my fingertips and for that, I am very grateful cause with any other diet, I probably would’ve put everything back on by now.

I haven’t been keeping in touch with the forum (I used to be very involved when I was losing weight) which I think was very detrimental.

Even when you lose the weight, the emotional/mental reasons why you were heavy to begin with are still with you and I haven’t really dealt with it.

I’m an all or nothing, 100% good or 100% bad kind of person so week-ends do me in, I always overdo it and then I do phase 1 all week. It is NOT the right way to maintain but I do what works for me for now.

I’m not posting this to discourage anyone but to show how important your state of mind will play on being able to maintain and encourage you to take the steps to resolve issues while you are losing weight.

Life is still much better then when I was heavy. And knowing what I need to do but too lazy to do it is still better than not knowing at all.

So I wish you all a great success story
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 330/324.5/115

Height: 5'6''

I am new, but wow! You look so skinny!
jessicadb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #95  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

amazing transformation! the side view old/new is just incredible. Way to go!
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #96  

Quote:

Chest was 46in now 34in
wow! Good job!!!!! You are the super hero! thanks for your story, You look great!
annrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

I'm in the UK and never heard of this diet before but assume it's like Atkins (forgive me if I'm wrong). Which I have tried in the past but no longer eat meat so not an option for me.

I truly wanted to wish you well with moving onto the next stage, you look AMAZING!!! Hope you can see the differences yourself and find the right balance to maintain successfully.
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

well done hun you have done fab xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Soy based?

You look amazing! I had some success on Medifast, but had to stop due to the soy in their product. Does Ideal Protein use soy?
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #100  

Well done!
brainybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Smile

That's amazing, and in such a short period of time too! You should be very proud of yourself
wemakesparksfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #102  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
...I’m not posting this to discourage anyone but to show how important your state of mind will play on being able to maintain and encourage you to take the steps to resolve issues while you are losing weight.
Busymomx4, thank you for your honesty and checking in! It's helpful to hear from you as you figure out your maintenance too! That is the flip side of weight loss that way too often gets swept under the rug. Everyone cheers amazing Before & Afters but the diligence of maintaining? Not as thrilling, but THAT is the true challenge.

A serious high-five to you for knowing yourself and doing what works for you right now. My mom maintained a large loss for years doing the same: being strict Monday-Friday, then indulging on weekends.

I wish you continued success and peace at finding your long-term path
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #103  

Wow! You have done great job...
JenniferDrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:48 PM   #104  

Congratulations!!
drtm is offline   Reply With Quote