Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #1  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Default GatorAmanda - Down 73lbs in 10 months!

Well it's my turn to join this thread.

How Did I Do It? I started out by having a Slim Fast shake every morning for breakfast. I recalled this site that I'd signed up for years ago (3FC) and re-found it. I read about everyone's successes, tips, hints, tricks, obsessions, bad times and good times. I read and read and learned and learned. I was only willing to make a lifestyle change that I could handle for the rest of my life. I wasn't willing to cut out carbs or eat anything fat free. I wasn't willing to eat a ton of fish for the rest of my life or eat tons of veggies (I eat my fair share, but far from what I should!)....I started counting calories, learned about fiber and sodium and started counting those as well. I started going to the gym 3 nights/week and increasing my time doing cardio...with some weight lifting. I eventually increased my gym time to 5 nights/week always doing cardio and weight training. I'd spend about 2 hours/night in the gym...and I loved it.

How long did it take? a whopping 10 months! I say that as a joke cause I think it's crazy that that was all it took....who knew something that took me 6 years to put on would only take 10 months to take off??!!?

What am I doing now? I'm still at the gym 5-6 nights/week. I've switched from only doing the elliptical (when I started I could only do 5 minutes!) to only using the treadmill (had to strenthen up my legs/knees/shins over time) and run between 3-5 miles/night. I lift weights focusing on my legs and arms and am just now getting into the dreaded abdominal muscles (really, it's just an exercise that I hate!...but I'm doing it now!), I practice both Yoga & Pilates a few times a week (except during the summer when my classes are difficult to get to due to scheduling conflicts)....I'm still eating healthy...I love to get lots of fiber in every day...upwards of 80 grams/day when I can. I eat lots of yummy cereals that I once thought tasted like cardboard. I love fresh fruits and yogurts and pasta. I even love potatoes (hey...another one of those things I just couldn't say no to!) and eat them a few times a week in various forms.

What does my future look like? If it is up to me, I'll be eating healthy for the rest of my life and helping others make smarter decisions as well. I'm hoping to run competitively eventually and tone up all over my body. Even though I've lifted weights during my entire weight loss, the toning that I'd like to achieve is definitely going to take more time. I plan on spending lots of time at the gym and not cutting back on my time there. I truly love being there.

I'd finally like to say thank you to all of my support system at 3FC. I don't even "speak" to many of you, yet so many of you have helped just by posting information for me to read. I truly appreciate everyone's support here and hope that what I've just written can help someone else along their journey!

Last edited by SunshineRunner; 01-28-2011 at 07:58 AM.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

wow....your story is very inspiring! You look fabulous!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default Way to Go!

Amanda this is so awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Yes, I noticed how your smiled changed. Kinda a half smile to a full smile with teeth! WOW! You look great and you look like you feel better inside and out. I also love your haircut and color it's very flattering on you.

This is such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for posting and sharing.

Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

It is obvious why I chose you as my running mate!

YOU ARE A WINNER KIDDO
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Your story is so inspiring and I especially love the photographic journey! My goal weight is the same and I know that it varies for each person, it is so reassuring to see that you look SO amazing! If I didn't know you were 155, I would have guessed that you were not a pound over 130!

Congrats on all of your hard work and thanks for helping people like myself continue on....:-)
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #6  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

What an inspiring story! Bravo on your weight loss!!! you look fabulous!!! Thank you for sharing

Quote:
How long did it take? a whopping 10 months! I say that as a joke cause I think it's crazy that that was all it took....who knew something that took me 6 years to put on would only take 10 months to take off??!!?
So true. I've been thinking the same thing recently..
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #7  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDiva View Post
wow....your story is very inspiring! You look fabulous!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us

Thank you for reading! I know it's a long read, but once I started typing I couldn't stop. I truly feel that I have a lot to share with others regarding weightloss, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh View Post
Amanda this is so awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Yes, I noticed how your smiled changed. Kinda a half smile to a full smile with teeth! WOW! You look great and you look like you feel better inside and out. I also love your haircut and color it's very flattering on you.

This is such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for posting and sharing.

Thanks about the haircut - I just got it about 6 weeks ago and love it. My color is natural - of course if you get too close you see lots and lots of gray hair...I know...hard to believe for someone 27 years old, but I've had it for many years. I hope by reading my story it will help you find your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

It is obvious why I chose you as my running mate!

YOU ARE A WINNER KIDDO
Thanks EZ - I love that we got to goal so close together! I was actually at goal a couple of days ago, but was being too lazy to put my story together...it definitely requires sitting down and spending time at the computer...and not out running!! Can't wait to run this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango683 View Post
Your story is so inspiring and I especially love the photographic journey! My goal weight is the same and I know that it varies for each person, it is so reassuring to see that you look SO amazing! If I didn't know you were 155, I would have guessed that you were not a pound over 130!

Congrats on all of your hard work and thanks for helping people like myself continue on....:-)
Seriously??? 130??? You make me feel 200% better than I already do! I don't think I'd ever be able to be "healthy" and only weigh 130lbs. I will probably make it down into the 140's eventually, but I plan on toning up a lot more....so we shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulone View Post
What an inspiring story! Bravo on your weight loss!!! you look fabulous!!! Thank you for sharing

So true. I've been thinking the same thing recently..
Thank you! Glad I could help by sharing. I've done a lot of thinking during this process and believe me...it's a never ending thought process going on with the "what if's" and what not....
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #8  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

I have to say WOW! I hope to achieve that level of success! Thank you for sharing with us.
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #9  

Congrats!!! You really do look amazing!!!!!
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #10  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

wow, you look great!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/217/170

Your story is very inspiring!! You look amazing!!
fuzzyhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: See tracker

Woah! You look so much younger and sexier! way to go, your story is very inspiring! thanks for sharing
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/139

Height: 5'10

Wow! That is amazing. You look great. It's very inspiring how when you finally decided to put your heart in it, you REALLY put your heart in it. Congratulations, and good luck with any other future aspirations.
stacysreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/222/130

Height: 5'4"

Truly inspiring! I just joined today and am browsing the success stories for proof that I can make this happen with hard work. Your photos are that proof I was looking for. Congratulations!
Pink Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 AM   #15  
Regina

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Great job!!! You look FANTASTIC :]]
lessthanthreeme is offline   Reply With Quote