General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:30 PM   #16  

Oh yeah..I forgot! Ledom~my husband absolutely LOVED the mexican casserole! I just made my second one for Monday and Tuesday's supper! I love anything that he'll eat and doesn't feel deprived. Thanks for sharing! Since February, he's lost 24 pounds as of this morning! It's amazing how men can drop the weight without seeming to try! He's only got about 15 pounds to goal...I have about 40 more.....I'll make it eventually
Old 08-08-2004, 02:11 PM   #17  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I'm so glad Jacklyn, that recipe is a find isn't it? This is the first week I haven't made it since I found the recipe and it is defintely on the list for next time I cook. That is wonderful for your husband. Yeah I know what you mean about men losing quickly - it isn't fair!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:16 AM   #18  

Good morning I am wondering if you guys would share recipes for shakes for snacks that can be transported to work? I do not like any bars or canned shakes but love smoothies ...however they turn to sludge when I get to work!...thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 09:49 AM   #19  
Chick

Hey Guys,

Do you think it would work to freeze your smoothie the night before Kidz? Maybe it would be just right the next day at work. I haven't tried it but contemplating your question that is what I came up with.

Jennifer, 40 minutes on back and bis this a.m. I did 2 exercise for each group w/ 6 sets each exercise. I rest a minute between sets. Then I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill for a 1 hr. workout.

I have been thinking about something new when I get back from my little trip.
http://www.beverlyinternational.com/
I was looking at this website after reading about it at lean&strong.com on the competitors board. Just some interesting reading and I am considering doing a 12 week challenge w/ some of these supplements. I have no illusions of ever competeing, for one thing I don't want to work that hard. On the other hand, I feel ready to see another big drop on the scale. I'll let you know what I decide. If nothing else the vitamin pak sounds like a great idea. The other thing is I wouldn't see this as long term, just a 12 week experiment.

Any warnings about why this might be a bad idea? I have never considered supplements at all before.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:05 AM   #20  
WW Moderator

Ledom, I don't really know anything about those supplements. I think if I were planning on being a serious bodybuilder I would look into it, but I don't want to go that far. I do need vitamins though, I can feel that I'm not getting enough of something.

kidzRN, I usually bring yogurt, cottage cheese, cheesesticks, fruit, Myoplex Lite bars (those are GOOD), and I try and bulk cook chicken and brown rice a couple of times a week and bring that along. I'm not too inventive! I keep looking at the EFL book and I just drool over some of the food in it, but there never seems to be the time to try something new. I have an extremely fast paced life, which means boring meals!
I'm trying to cut out some things so I have more time to plan. I'll post here what I come up with!

Butt exercises - what's your favorite one? I can't believe there isn't a spot in BFL for these exercises. I feel like I am covering everything but that. I never have a sore butt! My treadmill rejects treadmill lunges, lol. I read that for videos, Tamilee's I Want Those Buns is the best. I thought about following that, but don't want to overwork thighs, which might get a workout as well.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:41 AM   #21  
Chick

Hey Jen,

I know what you mean about bodybuilding. That isn't my purpose, fat loss is my purpose and I am considering still the possibility of some of these products to assist in that. I need to spend a little more time on research. I did order the vitamin pack because it seems like it might simplify taking them. Everything you need in one packet already doled out for you. One of those timesaving things.

On another note, I have never really known my bodyfat % or had the inclination to have someone do it for me. This a.m. I found this site http://www.biofitness.com/abodyfat.html which was really simple. While not 100% accurate it does allow you to note any downward trend (or upwards for that matter not that any of US are going there.) I plan on keeping track this way for a while. Lot's of other useful information there as well.

Did 20 minutes of cardio this a.m. I had planned to double my time but I just find it incredibly difficult, as in boring! I may try for another 20 minute session later today. We'll see.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:07 AM   #22  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey all!! Im back. My grandfather is doing better thanks for all the well wishes he is still in the hospital but doing much better. I am not back on BFL/EFL yet but plan too probably next monday its just been to busy for me to get to the grocery store or anything im watching what i eat as to not overdo it and make more work for myself and i plan to start back exercising this week.

Im glad to see that all of you are doing so well and welcome to Kidz. Everyone keep up the good work and ill be chatting with you soon.

Brittnye
Old 08-10-2004, 07:08 PM   #23  

Jennifer, where do you get the Myoplex lite bars?

I'm not eating clean again yet, but I've created a 'mental model' for my schedule/eating/fitness for the next month, so I think that will help. It's amazing how much more tired I feel when I eat junk!
Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #24  

Hey Laura, I get the Myoplex Lite bars as well and Jennifer is right...they are pretty good! You can buy them at GNC but they are pretty pricey. I have been ordering mine from Vitaglo.com. They are much cheaper and have free shipping. I would recommend you try a couple at the GNC to see what flavor you like then make any big orders through Vitaglo. I have been eating the Peanut Butter Caramel Crunch, but I heard the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Crunch is pretty good too. Oh yeah, when you look it up on Vitaglo, it is under EAS products which were on a 20% sale as of this past Saturday...hope this helps!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #25  

Thanks, Jacklyn - I'll stop by my local GNC sometime soon and buy a few to try. I'm hesitant about shakes and bars etc., because most of the time I think they taste vile! (Too bad I don't think Moon Pies taste vile! )
Old 08-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #26  

Hi there how is everyone this morning...I am sooo loving this BFL so far...it actually took me about a month to figure out how to fit this into life and admitedly I am not following it to the letter but I have been eating very very well, often and using my download of Fitday instead of the journal in the book..(it is so easy and I can plug in the execise and graph my progress..).I have a couple of things that I need to streamline and maybe you have tips? In the morning I am spreading a bunch of things out to make a day of mini meals in baggies and containers..that fit with the food list in the book....it takes so much time/space that if I am running late I am afraid I will not be careful ..I sometimes even end up with a rather large bag of food that is hard to store at work.....any tips to have fresh foods ready? ....I will try a myoplex bar but I really like food and have not liked bars in the past at all....but if these are good as mentioned maybe that would help me on a crazy morning....my other issue is the exercise times...I have only been able to do 20 min in the morning for anything and sometimes not even that ....but on leg day for instance..I do some sets of say calf raises... at work during the day and think that adds up? what do you think?....
I really love this plan and feel I can stick with it...today I am having my free meal ...please send me good energy that I do not snowball over the weekend!...it is my Friday and we are in process at work of going to paperless charts so this is a huge stess...we are going for beer tonight ..I want to have a nice meal and one pint!...and not let that be my permission to go down the slippery slope with the "I will start again on Monday mentality" please if you have any suggestions I would be so thankful...anyway thanks so much for listening..for motivation here is what I used this week.....I looked at National Geographic... this months copy had "The Heavy Cost of Fat" on the cover....inside an MRI of a lady with 40% body fat....and one with 20%....I keep looking at it because right now that pic makes me feel like my fat is squishing my organs...and is motivation enough I hope it holds!!!...it is a wonderful article check it out!...
Old 08-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #27  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Y'all can I join in?

I've been posting to the LA Weight Loss thread to get info for my DH, who plans to follow their program (I guess; he hasn't started yet, and I'd rather get him on THIS plan)...

I have the BFL book and understand the principles and all. I also recognize some of you as longstanding 3FC members. Great job!!

I'd like to start my 12 weeks on Monday. That would include my workouts and all.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:25 AM   #28  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey everyone - just a quick note to pop in and say "hi!". I bought ingredients to try the Mexican casserole this weekend - I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also getting myself back to some basics with some of my meals - instead of pressuring myself to cook all the time, I'm trying to eat things like cottage cheese + lite yogurt (mixed 1:1), or cottage cheese and salsa with baked Tostitos. Both quick, easy and filling.

Hope you all have a "clean" weekend!
Cindy
Old 08-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #29  

Hey everyone! I just completed my 5th week (tomorrow is free day ) So far I am down 11 pounds! I tried on my jeans today that I wore probably about 3 weeks ago (then they fit fine), but today they were down-right baggy! For those of you just starting out, hang in there! I didn't notice any significant physical results the first 3 weeks (although I had lost about 6 pounds at that point), but beginning the 4th week and into the 5th, it seems like my body started changing daily. I am so glad that I have stuck with it! I haven't told anyone at work that I am doing this (because of some of the negativity I have faced in the past when I had tried some weight loss plan.....again,). Anyways, the other day my co-worker actually told me that I should wear the pants I had on more often because they made me look skinny! I wanted to say I'm sure it has nothing to do with the 11 pounds I've dropped, but I just smiled and thanked her. Little victories! I'll tell them eventually. I just don't want to hear "so...how long you think you can stick with this?" Good luck to everyone and welcome to the new comers!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:41 PM   #30  

Jacklyn that is wonderful you give me hope ...I had a 48 hour free day ...not good....I blame PMS !!!! and to be perfectly honest that is awesome for me because as I get older the PMS has gone into 10 days!...I ate well drank water and exercised ..so 48hours is not bad!...I am not going to weigh in until I do a solid month ....I want a nice surprise like you!!!! 11lbs is awesome and inspiring thanks for sharing!!
Closed Thread