3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Falling Off The Wagon... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/42463-falling-off-wagon.html)

tmac1 08-27-2009 08:25 AM

l never see it before

tmac1 08-27-2009 08:26 AM

who can find more funny article than it

tmac1 08-27-2009 08:29 AM

Thanks for sharing this article with us , we got
a lot of imformation on it

tmac1 08-27-2009 08:30 AM

you would be the greatest person in this earth

tmac1 08-27-2009 08:32 AM

so many people should read it

TheRightWeigh 09-04-2009 01:01 AM

encouraging and needed! Thanks! I need a HUGE ladder right about now...

pattyluw 11-10-2009 09:51 PM

Falling off the wagon

I really enjoyed the article. What a great way to look at the whole diet situation. Thanks for sharing.

Pattyluw

HannahBoo23 12-02-2009 03:14 PM

Very encouraging..thanks! :)

vanessa761 12-06-2009 12:52 PM

:carrot: That's fantastic. I should show it to my husband since he is really hard on himself when he falls of the wagon.

bridietogo 12-14-2009 12:22 PM

Such a powerful moral to that game. The ladders are all the more sweeter when you've worked to earn them.

MiZTaCCen 01-07-2010 02:35 PM

Love it! Chutes and Ladder's now everytime I fall off the ban wagon i'm gonna think of that. Thanks!

CawScorp 02-16-2010 10:52 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this post.....This is just what I needed to read.

Khall 06-07-2010 12:39 AM

Having trouble sticking with Ideal Protein Diet

I sure needed to know that I am not alone, falling off this wagon!
This is my second time to do the Ideal Protein Diet. First time I was successful, but I also did not have a job, and avoided a social life at all costs until I was almost to my goal. Unfortunately at that time, I did not have guidelines for the long haul.
Enter a very stressful job, with the boss from "H", and within a year, 20 lbs. were right back.

So now I'm back on this diet, came back to it out of desperation, because even exercising and having personal trainer, was not budging more than a couple pounds off this menopausal stomach of mine!

Since starting two weeks ago, I just cannot seem to find the will to stay on it, and I just don't know why.
I start to do really well, but then give in, when a coworker wants to go for lunch at the local hangout that does nothing for a lo-carb diet.
We both get off work early, and we both donot take any breaks so that we can be out of the building by noon or so.
I usually go straight to the gym, as I live too far out of town to go home, eat, and come back.
If I try to bring lunch with me to work, and eat at my desk, my boss finds something for me to do.
I find salad and IP soup too hard to eat while doing paper work, but I find a shake leaves me too hungry to work out hard.

My trainer at the gym measures me, finds that I've lost a total of 7 lbs, gained two pounds of muscle, and lost almost two inches off my waist in just under two weeks.
My IP counselor, however, has found that I lost 1/2 lb, and my waist is three inches bigger than it is by the standards of my trainer's tape measure!
She was clearly disappointed in me at my first week back to her, and handed me a paper that gave me reasons why I'm not losing faster.

Home is hard too. My husband is naturally skinny and I'm constantly having to cook for him, things that I can't eat on this diet.
It's hard for me, especially on weekends. I blew my diet yet again today.

I cancelled a long awaited night out with friends, because we were going to a pasta restaurant. They are disappointed, and not understanding.
I don't know how to go out and have a social life, and do this diet, but I know that I need to find solutions.
Has anyone had as hard of a time as I've had? I guess I also felt disappointed that my trainer and IP counselor had completely different numbers for me, on my progress.

Thanks just for letting me vent. I know I've just got to get back to it, and stick with it.
:?:

brocola 06-07-2010 10:03 PM

Khall: Take a deep breath. Maybe this time your life situation is diff, so you need a diet that fits it. Like I know alot of people like Weight Watchers because you can still eat out at restaurants and 'normal' food. Also, when doing IP, you're not supposed to work out. IP is VERY HARD. If you want to stick with it, maybe give yourself mini-goals, rather than the overwhelming number game. And when you're out, eat salads w protein (dressing on side). Or grilled foods. Good luck, and dont be so hard on yourself!!

TXRealtor 06-07-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khall (Post 3327838)
I sure needed to know that I am not alone, falling off this wagon!
This is my second time to do the Ideal Protein Diet. First time I was successful, but I also did not have a job, and avoided a social life at all costs until I was almost to my goal. Unfortunately at that time, I did not have guidelines for the long haul.
Enter a very stressful job, with the boss from "H", and within a year, 20 lbs. were right back.

So now I'm back on this diet, came back to it out of desperation, because even exercising and having personal trainer, was not budging more than a couple pounds off this menopausal stomach of mine!

Since starting two weeks ago, I just cannot seem to find the will to stay on it, and I just don't know why.
I start to do really well, but then give in, when a coworker wants to go for lunch at the local hangout that does nothing for a lo-carb diet.
We both get off work early, and we both donot take any breaks so that we can be out of the building by noon or so.
I usually go straight to the gym, as I live too far out of town to go home, eat, and come back.
If I try to bring lunch with me to work, and eat at my desk, my boss finds something for me to do.
I find salad and IP soup too hard to eat while doing paper work, but I find a shake leaves me too hungry to work out hard.

My trainer at the gym measures me, finds that I've lost a total of 7 lbs, gained two pounds of muscle, and lost almost two inches off my waist in just under two weeks.
My IP counselor, however, has found that I lost 1/2 lb, and my waist is three inches bigger than it is by the standards of my trainer's tape measure!
She was clearly disappointed in me at my first week back to her, and handed me a paper that gave me reasons why I'm not losing faster.

Home is hard too. My husband is naturally skinny and I'm constantly having to cook for him, things that I can't eat on this diet.
It's hard for me, especially on weekends. I blew my diet yet again today.

I cancelled a long awaited night out with friends, because we were going to a pasta restaurant. They are disappointed, and not understanding.
I don't know how to go out and have a social life, and do this diet, but I know that I need to find solutions.
Has anyone had as hard of a time as I've had? I guess I also felt disappointed that my trainer and IP counselor had completely different numbers for me, on my progress.

Thanks just for letting me vent. I know I've just got to get back to it, and stick with it.
:?:

Hey Khall,
Forget about your husband's ability to inhale large volumes of food. Mine is the same way and the only thing I got out of thinking how unfair it is was more pounds on me.
Take your lunch to work, close your office door or go to break room/ cafeteria/ your car. Worst comes to shove, tell him he doesn't pay you enough for you to go out to lunch, so you have to bring in left overs from home or a sandwich and it isn't fair for you to have to work during your lunch because you can't go out. I am a manager too but would not dream about interrupting my staff during their break. It is against labor laws!