General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:07 AM   #91  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey Alice,

I have been keeping my nose to the grindstone. Eating right and trying to get in a little extra cardio. I have been record in fitday for 4 days now and each of those days I have been able to reduce my calories a little. Trying to shink my stomach back from starting back to work week.

The semester is under way now and I am getting a better routine.

judi, I love Tommy Hilfiger. His clothes fit me better than anyone elses and his styles are so cute. Now that he labels more discreetly I have no reservations about his clothes.

The weather here is slowly cooling down so I have begun walking outside more. Also, my yoga teacher is out of the courntry and there is a substitute teacher. This woman is amazing, the next 6 weeks of yoga are going to take me to a new level I believe.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:11 PM   #92  

Ledom. good for you. your doing great. that is good. to all of you a great day.
I started out with my walk, then picked cukes. have 51 hills so is alot of bending. there getting less each day. then i cooked apples i had them peeled. then i peeled tomatoes. now hubby is putting juice in jars. so a busy morning. taking a break and get some picking up done in here. then got some apples to do. but will all taste good this fall. picked last of corn. i added carbs and scales up a lb today first time. oh well i hope if i am good today i will be same or down a bit tomorrow . i seem to be retaining water. or eating to many tomatoes. ha ha and of course got into the corn on cob. so gave rest of it to neighbors yesterday. i never even wanted it around

aleka.. hope all is going good your way and your getting the packing done and all. have a good day.. tuffy is so much better. we got him off the canned food. i thought for a long time was what was causing it. and it was. so glad we decided that.

Judi enjoy that grandson every bit you can. there so sweet and precious. alot of fun. seems just like yesterday mine were little. ha i still call them grandma grandbabies. ha guess that will always be that to me. i can't wait to hear all about there school and all.

to everyone a good day .. lets stick through thick or thin together and get this wt off. we can and we will. through thick or thin. ha ha ha LaDean
Old 09-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #93  

Saturday morning,

We're watching Ivan very closely. DH & I are really worried about what he's going to do. We're now talking about the possibility that we may be in NH longer than we had planned. We haven't stopped packing yet because if everything is alright in FL, we only have next week to get things done before the movers come in. We've been watching the Weather Channel a few times a day to get any and all updates. Thankfully we do have insurance on the house. We were talking with the previous owners the other day, they are still living in the house, and everything was ok with Frances. They did say that if Ivan does threaten them, they will not be sticking around this time. I'm just glad we're not down there yet.

ledom, glad that EFL and yoga are going so well for you. It's great when you find a diet and exercise plan that you can stick with. Once (now we're talking, IF) we get to FL we're going to start walking again. I'm determined to work up to an hr. There are no hills and that will be great!

LaDean, that's great Tuffy is feeling better. Was he having some sort of allergic reaction to the canned dog food? Lacee eats Science Diet's Oral Care dog food, the food is large for her mouth, but that is all she'll eat. I've tried smaller nuggets of dog food, but she'll sniff it then look at me as if to say, "You expect me to eat this?" All animals are cute with their own personalities.

Hey judi, how are you doing, girl?

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:30 PM   #94  

Aleka, do you just feed lacee dry food. this is what we are trying to do to tuffy. his teeth are bad so i have to get the tiny ones. but we got purina one and he loves it. yes it was the old canned food that was effecting his bowels and all. hes so much better. so happy we finally decided it was that. oh i sure hope this hurricane is not bothering your place. glad your not there yet. i know you are to. we just never know do we. we had a bit of rain this morning. nice and cool now.. we canned tomatoes all morning. but was cool so i do not mind. I know when you get all settled and moved you will get back with your program. meeting new people and all and it will be good. so just hang in there. prayers with this weather. tuffy says wooofffff lacee
I had my first gain yesterday with a forth of lb. so not worried at all. trying to add carbs and they say at first this is expected. so not that bad. this morning i get up step on scales and down 1.25 so i was happy. i will work hard this week for a good loss. i love this plan is the one for me.

Ledom and Judi... have a good week. hey another gal use to come in here what was her name.. can never remember they come and go alot.. LaDean
Old 09-13-2004, 11:01 PM   #95  

Default Monday

Hi everyone!!

Marley kept trying to bite the blow dryer....he is getting quite bossy in his old age, but he smelt better and he sleeps in my bed so a wash was in order. Today I went out into the garden and guess where he had to dig, just where I planted a bunch of tulips and the only muddy spot in the garden.

It is really wet and cold and fall here...My DH is working on some software that he is planning on selling online...I am hoping he will finish soon so we can get on out of Dodge...and go someplace. We have to go to Alberta (where they got SNOW already) and Sask (my brother says they had the rainest summer he can remember in his 47 years)...so the weather has been crazy all over.

Dieting was bad last week...baking and eating and cooking and eating and watching tv and eating and no writing anything down and NOT drinking water...and 2 days until weigh in day.

Do you girls get "Cooking Light"? I have just started getting it...I love that magazine. I got Southern Living's "Christmas 2004" book...is it ever nice. Wonderful recipes and splendid decorating ideas.

You are doing so GOOOOD on your carb watching LaDean

All these hurricanes are a nail biting experience...I am biting my nails up here for you Alice thinking about your house! The season for hurricanes must be over soon. It will be so exciting to have a new place. I am starting feeling antsy being home all summer and need a travelling change...I hope I get one soon.

What are your new batch of students like Ledom? Sounds like you are really enjoying yoga, that is great. I like TH too...my favourite is Ralph Lauren I think. The stuff is so over priced I think because when it does go on sale it really goes down. We also have Bianca Nygard and it has nice styles and colors. More "drapey" than Ralph. I like drapey type stuff more than the tailored. Even when I was regular weight I felt better in stuff that wasn't so structured. Colors seem pretty much the same as last year and this summer...lots of pink and still lime green.

Enjoy the week everyone
Old 09-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #96  

Good evening,

We are breathing a sigh of relief that Ivan will not be hitting where we are moving to. I do pity the people who will be effected by Ivan. Now they are talking about Jeanne, and depending on where it hits and when, we may be experiencing our first ever FL hurricane, or we may run into it on our way to FL next week. The hurricane season ends Nov. 30th.

Our friends stopped in Sunday morning, and later that day I had lunch with a cousin. I had a couple of painful good-byes to say. Hopefully they will be down to visit.

judi, I have gotten "Cooking Light" magazine and it has a lot of good recipes in it. Another magazine I get is, "Light and Tasty" by Reiman Publications, which also has a lot of other magazines. The recipes are sent in from readers in the U.S. and Canada, and the recipes have nutritional information so that you can figure out the WW point value. It has been a weird summer all around. Here in New England we haven't had a summer to speak of. Usually in July we're in the 90's with high humidity. We only had 1 day that it was just 90 deg. It has been a wet, damp, summer.

LaDean, along with "people" food from the table, Lacee eats dry dog food. It's funny because we've had 3 other Bostons before her, and they would turn their noses to dry dog food. That's good you're not concerned about that little gain. You will find your balance of carbs. The Atkins plan has done wonders for you. After seeing how my cholesterol and triglycerides have gotten higher, once we get settled I am going to start Somersizing again. I have incorporated a lot of her foods already.

ledom, hope things are going well with you this week.

Have a good evening everyone.

Last edited by aleka; 09-14-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:07 PM   #97  
Chick

Hi Ladies,

Alice I can only imagine what you are experiencing now with your move, saying goodbyes, going to a place that is so different. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

judi, I like my classes this semester. I have two photo I classes so all those students are new, it is too early to tell specifically but in general they seem like a good group. A couple of obvious slackers, but you always get those. Hopefully there is some good talent among them. I have 17 advanced students this semester. Five are doing independent study and 12 are in my alternative printiing techniques class. I really enjoy these students, for most this is there 3rd or 4th semester with me and I get a kick out of them.

I have something lined up to do for the next 4 weekends. This coming weekend I am going to Memphis to see an exhbit of art from Renaissance Florence with a couple of girlfriends.

The following weekend I'll be camping, then to Wichita Falls, Texas for a conference and then camping again the following weekend. By then it will be time to start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Ya'll take care.

Last edited by ledom; 09-14-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:16 PM   #98  

Aleka, My prayers are with you for the move and the trip. i know its sure a change weather wise and all. i just hope no bad ones anymore... i think how sad for those people. makes ones like me never complain anymore about our weather be it heat or rain. ha ha yes tuffy use to eat table scarps but got sick on them to rich now hes older. so i am so thankful hes taken up to this dry food. his teeth so bad i just soak it in water drain it and he loves it. says its got it all in it. so i know its better for him. My daughter said when she lefted for work the other morning she wanted me to see him so bad. i was out walking. he was laying on his back snorning away. he has not did this in years. so this i am so thankful for. he says wooofffff to lacee.
Yes this atkins has been a prayer answered for me. as i had no choice i had to get my wt off and get off the sugar. before this debetic thing got worse. My trig's are skyyyyyy high to. another reason i went on the atkins. now watching fats some more to. my friend went on it with all this and her sugar down and trig's and all. so its helped me to know that. yes its going slow now trying to get carbs lined up for me. but i finally decided hey go for 60 a day and then from there. so going for it. scales are down 1.50 this morning . so that made my day.. well hey hang in there.

thoughts for all this day. have a good one. LaDean
Old 09-18-2004, 11:49 AM   #99  

Red face

Happy Saturday everyone!

We're in the last stages of packing, as we're moving on Tuesday. I've said a few good byes, some tearful and some not, those I prefer. We're bringing my car down to my IL's tomorrow morning. DH will be following me in his truck. The auto transport co. will pick up my car on Monday and drop it off at my door in FL the following Sunday. Monday the movers are coming to wrap and box the furniture, then come back on Tuesday to load the van. We'll be leaving shortly after they do. DH will be disconnecting the computer tomorrow, so I'll be MIA for a while, at least until we get it up and running down there.

LaDean, glad that Tuffy is doing much better. I know it is a huge relief. Lacee knows something is going on and she hasn't left my side for a minute.

ledom, hope you will enjoy the art exhibit this weekend. It sounds like it will be fun. That is something I would love to do sometime. Have a good time on all your trips. Do you plan on doing any kayaking when you go camping? The holiday season is just around the corner. It seems like we just got through celebrating the last holiday season.

judi, how are things going with you?

Well...I won't say good-bye, so I'll "see" you all later!
Old 09-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #100  
Chick

Travel safe dear Alice. We look forward to your first post from Florida.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #101  

prayes with you for a safe trip alice. hang in there now. things will be good. LaDean
Old 09-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #102  

Default Tuesday morning

Hi girls!!

Everyone sounds so busy

I am not dieting...not pigging out either but not dieting...so far the weight is the same.

How is Tuffy doing?

We are going on a cross Canada trip with the motor home so we have been getting ready for that. The main place we want to go is Niagara Falls, neither of us have ever been. If we still feel like travelling we are going to go to the NFLd. We are planning a month or so. I hope gas goes down...well, the RV is diesel but it is affected by the price of gas. On the way back we are going to visit my brother and DH's dad. We plan to go leave on Oct. 4. I have to get my hair streaked and cut before then and have a million other little things to do.

We are babysitting the baby this week. It will be fun.

Alice, we will be looking forward to hear about your driving down to Florida experience...also what your first impressions of your new home. What does Laci think of all the moving activity?

Ledom, you will love the exhibit. In the seventies I spent some time in Florence and the art galleries and the museums were out of this world!! I haven't seen a really good exhibit since a year or so ago I saw Georgia O'keefe, Frieda Kahlo and Emily Carr all in one exhibit. It was travelling around North America.

Good for you Ledom on your dedication to exercise.

"Light & Tasty" is a magazine I get. I love it, I got one for my brother too.

LaDean, I guess all the garden produce is in by now, eh? On our trip we will be driving thru the fruit growing region of BC so we hope to pick up a few boxes of things.

That is about all the news I have...it was nice to read what you all are doing. I hope I will be able to get email when I am gone. We no longer have that service that allowed us to email remotely. It was ok when the DH was working but now we would have to pay for it ourselves and it is too expensive. Anyway I will be checking in before I leave for sure.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:08 AM   #103  

Hi judi, tuffy is so much better. we are so happy. got him on a hafe aspirn daily and changed his food. that was the cause of his problem right there. cannot believe the change in him.. Yes garden is about over. the tomatoes are anyhows. and cukes to. still getting some of them. these colder nites is not good for tomatoes. but hey we got so many qts like almost 200 right now. so cannot complain. got them in garage to do. we have to pick orange then ripe in garage as of weather we have. not warm enough. but still enjoying eating the garden things. I am still losing so love that. we were with grandaughter tonite her 7th birthday. i told her how happy i was 7 years ago to be a grandma. she thought that was neat. you are so lucky to get to watch yours. have fun.. well to all ahve a great week. LaDean
Old 09-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #104  
Chick

judi - I just wanted to wish you pleasant travels. Your trip sounds like so much fun and what a wonderful time of year to be out and about.

LaDean - I am harvesting my basil today. I making it all up into pesto and freezing it.

Diet and exercise has been sliding miserably since starting back to work. Today is my first day back into some serious business w/ both.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:11 AM   #105  

Ledom. oh sounds like fun. i have never raised the herbs and all. they sound interesting my neighbor does. someday maybe i will. we are done with tomatoes now a light frost got them. so may have a few cucumbers lefted. its my apples now i will be busy with.. so will do some of them today.. Your doing good to get back to your program and all. thats what its all about us going back and moving forward. have a good day..

Aleka, thinking of you and the huricanes.... i guess your moved by now.. hope ok and all. tuffy says wooofffffff lacee..

Judi glad all is going good your way. glad your enjoying the grandson. always fun... have a good day.

to all who come by this board a good day .. LaDean
Closed Thread