General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 10:39 AM   #61  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Oh yeah, Alice, the treadmill is fine. Thank goodness! I love my treadmill and have already gotten such good use out of it. About a month ago I had to have the belt replaced and at that time I bought the warranty plan that is good for 7 years. I can't do w/out it! DD loves it as well.

Classes start tomorrow. I had to stay home this a.m. as I am having some dead trees cut of my property. I will be going in late this afternoon to run off syllabi, etc.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:39 AM   #62  

Ledom, glad your treadmill was ok.. that is the way i am with my ex bike i love it. so rainy and ucky out this morning. i love the rain. but just tired so rode ex bike 3 miles this morning. may get out for walk later in day.. i like the freshness of being outdoors. scales are still down this am as of friday at tops. so today has to be lower in carbs though. will be glad when i find that miracle number that my body needs. ha ha well hey i hope everyone has a great day. LaDean
Old 08-26-2004, 06:24 PM   #63  

Thursday evening,

I had blood work for a lipid profile, as I have high cholesterol and triglycerides. The numbers were not very good. So, I have made up my mind to start Somersizing again. My cholesterol and triglycerides went down considerably when I was on this WOE. I really think it was all the carbs I've been eating since I did WW a couple years ago. Once I started on the carbs I just kept at it.

ledom, glad that your treadmill is in good working order. Did the guys come to cut down your trees? We had an awful time getting the men we hired to cut down a few trees to come when they were supposed to, half the time they would say they were coming on a certain day, and never showed up. How did your first day of classes go?

LaDean, congratulations on your weight loss. You are getting closer and closer to your goal. You must be excited.

judi, whatcha been up to?

Have a good evening.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #64  
Chick

Hey girls,

Alice I was so lucky w/ my tree men. I called them because they came by and left a card in my door. After I did that I wondered what had possessed me as the were an unknown entity. They could not have been more professional though. They were here 10 minutes early for the free estimate and the same on tree cutting day. After they finished they even went over to my mother's house and did a little job for her. I am planning to recommend them to all my friends.

I wasn't prepared for how overwhelming everything is when school starts again. I think you know I also direct our gallery and I planned for the Faculty Show to open the 31st which is this coming Tuesday so not only am I getting my classes started I am also hanging a show. What was I thinking? Oh yeah, I remember, after Tuesday it will be done and I won't have to do it again for another month. Anyway, I am already worn out.

Take care LaDean, judi, and Alice.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:45 AM   #65  

Hi everyone,

Well....today's the day we're supposed to be passing papers on the house in FL. We sent all the papers yesterday via overnight FED EX. If they get there in time, later this afternoon DH & I will be FL property owners. I am getting a bit excited about it. After everything happens our RE agent in FL will notify us.

ledom, glad that you had a good experience with your tree men. They sound like very reliable people. The one's we hired were doing quite a bit of work in our little development one summer. So, DH asked them to cut down a couple of dead trees in the back yard near our house before winter set in. They at least managed to cut them down before winter....just. It wasn't that long ago that someone had told us that particular tree company was very unreliable and a lot of people had trouble with them. Good luck with the Faculty Show next week. Will you be doing another show with your photographs like you did a few years ago? I saved the invitation you had sent me for that show when I was packing a few things the other day. Hopefully you can relax a bit this weekend and be all fresh on Monday.

Hey judi..LaDean hope you have a good Friday.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:58 PM   #66  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Girls !!!!

Aleka peek a boo !!!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:49 AM   #67  

Good morning,

Leenie, I see you! Welcome to our thread. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #68  
Chick

Alice keep us posted on the closing!

Hi Leenie.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:13 PM   #69  

Default Sunday evening

Hi! Sorry I haven't been here...I was sick. I was feeling kind of blue and I thought ....hmmm, maybe I need to take a Paxil again...I quit taking them early summer...I took one and it made me SO sick. Anyway ... long story short...I went to the Dr. and found I need hormones NOT Paxil. So now I am on a very low dosage of hormones made from of all things ...YAMS!! I felt better in 2 days.

The kids were here for a few days with the baby. That was so much fun. I had that wonderful "this is home feeling" that I used to get when I was a little girl and my mom was preparing some fabulous feast and my grandmother was coming over and everything was so great ONLY now I AM the grandmother. But we really had fun and did a lot of cooking...and eating. My D (who has lost 20 pounds since Jan.) said she gained 2 this weekend and was going back on the straight and narrow this week. I lost a few pounds when I was sick but I am sure I gained them back this weekend so I am going to stay away from the scale.

We finally got some rain. I don't know if you have heard about the forest fire situation up here in BC but it has been bad.

DH and I are thinking of going RVing at the end of Sept. but up in Canada, just get in the bus and drive east. I feel ready for a trip.

Do you like your new hair Alice? I love it when I get mine done.

You are doing so good with your carb watching LaDean. I should be more careful with carbs, I am such a carb lover.

Ledom, I am going to walk. There is Yoga on the island but I really don't like group exercise things because I always feel self conscious and always am the worst in the class. I walk with a friend but that is about the extent of exercising with someone.

Hi Leenie!!

Fall is such a good time, around this time every year I get that "fall feeling" which is the start of something new and exciting...I guess it is from going to school and university. Are you looking forward to the new term Ledom? Is your daughter still at home or back already? Alice, fall is going to be exciting for you with the new house and FLORIDA. Good for you for giving away stuff to the Goodwill and St. Vincent de Paul so much better than just throwing out.
LaDean do you do a lot of canning?

We were supposed to get some alders taken down too this summer but the tree cutters haven't come. I like alders because the leaves are such bright green and fluttery but my DH says they are "weed" trees. We have big cedars and alders on our property.

Is this weekend a long weekend Since Dh is retired and at home I lose track of things like that.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:37 AM   #70  

Judi, sounds like alot of fun with babies. mine are growing so. have not seen them in few months. kids both work and so busy and on weekends they spend taking grandbabies. there going to be starting school. grandson kindergarden and gets same teacher his sister had in kindergarden last year. she is a first grader this year. so both are excited he said. so they been busy getting them ready and all. so i well understand. Yes carbs was my bad thing. and fruit was to. so had to do something. so this is working for me. i had corn on cob from garden today.but just one. that is all i am allowing me. ha and not everyday like i would like. ha yes we do canning. hubby loves to can so we do it together. tomatoes are coming on now. so we make juice and can tomaotes. i have some carrots i am going to can this year to. just a few. have put up apple sauce. so taste so good of winter and the garden gives hubby something to do and he loves it. gives alot of it away to everyone to. we have canned all pickles we need so a friend is getting them and doing hers. so makes u s feel good to help others that do not have space for gardens. then to we had well drilled and a excellent one. so have alot of water to take care of a garden and all. i love this time of year to lose my wt as eat from it alot.

aleka, tuffy is not feeling to good. so may be making a decision that will be the hardest ever for anyone to make. so say a prayer for me everyone. i sure been praying. this is one i do not want to have to make at all.

i wish everyone a good week and glad everyone is doing good. is fun to come on and share with all of you. tonite i needed it. thanks for being there. LaDean
Old 08-30-2004, 06:49 AM   #71  

Monday..

LaDean, I am so sorry about Tuffy not feeling well. I definitely will say a prayer for you and Tuffy. That decision is an awfully hard one to make. You sound very busy canning. It is fun, but a lot of work. The fall before my mother passed away, for the first time ever, we canned some relish. She got a recipe that came from my great-grandmother. We had a wonderful time and now I have that memory to look back on. Please let me know how Tuffy is doing.

judi, tell me more about your hormones. Are these made especially for you or are they something that is massed produced like Premarin? Suzanne Somers has a book out, The Sexy Years in where she talks about her experiences. She went to an MD who deals in this sort of thing, did some testing, and prescribed some bioidentical type of hormones. But then you have to be near a pharmacy that deals in that too. Glad that the hormones made you feel better. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your grandson. I get that homey feeling when fall starts. That's when I start making hearty soups and get the urge to bake which I don't act upon.

Hi ledom..Leenie

Everything went smoothly on Friday, and now we own a house in FL. We'll be moving 3 weeks from tomorrow. I'm excited and sad at the same time. My cousin, who I am very close to, came up yesterday for a craft fair. We said our good-byes, and I'm glad it's over because I knew it was the worse one I'll have to go through.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:57 PM   #72  

Aleka, tuffy is lots better this morning. prayers answered for sure. i prayed all nite. thanks so much for your prayers. i am so thankful. yes canning is fun for us retired and all. hubby loves staying busy.. is digging carrots this morning. figured we would can them as i make lots of soups and always buying them. also roasts in the fall. then its tomatoes tomorrow. my neighbor and friend make relish. its so good. yes memories are great to have for sure. my mother and hubbys mom canned all the time. so guess we are just keeping it on. ha ha i love to open canned things though and make soups so much better. well thanks for caring and your prayers again...

I want everyone to know that my scales are down 3 lbs from friday am. i am over 5 lbs from goal now. i am so excited. its this staying busy hubby says.ha ha i have so much more energy and all. i want to thank all of you over and over. so glad our board got started back up to.. have a good day to all of you.. tuffy being better made mine. LaDean
Old 08-31-2004, 05:29 AM   #73  

Good morning all,

Had to take Lacee to the Vet. She was starting to lose her fur in spots, just on one side. He thinks it could be a reaction from some dog shampoo I used a couple of weeks ago when I gave her a bath. Her skin is terribly dry. I believe it started not long after said bath. He gave her a shot, and we came home armed with some liquid antibiotics, Omega 3 oil to put on her food, and some dog shampoo. He wants to see her in 2 weeks. That will be good because we'll be able to get a copy of her health records and we can get a health certificate before we move.

LaDean, that's a big relief about Tuffy. I'm glad that he is doing better. I'm sure there will be days when he'll feel out of sorts. Our other Boston, Shamrock, used to have those days when she was older. Congratulations on your weight loss. When you reach your goal you should go out and do something nice for yourself, as you have earned it.

Hey ledom, judi, hope everything is well with the both of you.

Watching hurricane Francis...hoping it doesn't hit FL, especially now that we own the house. YIKES!!!

Last edited by aleka; 08-31-2004 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:12 AM   #74  
Chick

A quick good morning ladies. LaDean you canning sounds so nice. What better way to spend ones time than growing and preserving food. It sounds like a great lifestyle you have. Sorry to hear your puppy has been out of sorts - best wishes to him.

Alice and judi, ahhh, I have been keeping up with you. Just not much time to write the last few days. I am glad grandmotherhood is agreeing with you judi. Alice, what a big move you are making. Keep us posted.

My system is in shock from having to work so hard. I had to pick up speed fast too. Was in the gallery until 9 last night and it still isn't finished. The show opens today at 2 so I will be busy up until the last minute. Labor Day week is looking awfully good to me. By the way judi our long weekend is coming up this weekend.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:12 PM   #75  

Ledom. thanks. hes better. he did sleep all nite last nite a first for some time. so that made me happy. ha
My scales are still down this morning. so that is a good thing. and i had a good walk. before it got to warm. i did get warm. rain on way tomorrow. love my rain. yes its fun to raise our food and can it. we know what its got in it and all. ha i love to eat the fresh things. but got some prunes today from friend. and there sparingly. ha so got to be careful. i never had corn yesterday so can have some now one day again this week. i think its just learning about the food and what is high and low and good and bad. this has helped me pay attention i know..

to all of you have a great day.. LaDean
Closed Thread