General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 10:03 PM   #31  

Hope you all haven't gotten sick from Merida and left me alone.
Old 04-25-2001, 12:30 AM   #32  

Default hey nikolas..

so sorry you are here all alone...i am still on the meridia and doing great...i weighed monday and was down another pound, that makes 10 lbs in 3 weeks. i also got in 3 days of exercise last week and am shooting for 4 this week, so far i have done 2.

i think it was you who said the "meridia high" would wear off and then it was time to do some good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise. that seems to be where i am at right now. the meridia still helps with me not feeling hungry all the time, but it is not as strong as it was the first week. i guess you eventually adjust.
i know some people think it is a "quick fix" to weight loss, but it's not...you still have to work hard at it. it just helps you get to the point where you can.

well, that is all i have to say for now..i will try to check in at least on mondays to let everyone know how my progress is going...

take care..robin
Old 04-25-2001, 10:49 PM   #33  

I'm still here too. I've just been working such late hours, I've been crashing almost as soon as I get home.
It's taking it's toll on my eating habits too, I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds over the past ten days. I need to get down to business.
Old 04-26-2001, 10:16 AM   #34  

Default Hi everyone

Hi Nikolas, Robin, and Cee Cee. Yes - I'm still here too. I got a little side-tracked after pigging out at the Easter brunch. I really couldn't help it because it was at an elegant hotel in the Chicago suburbs and they had about 100 different kinds of foods. The next week I was afraid to weigh myself because of the combination of that and the certain time of the month weight gain. I did weigh myself a few days ago and have maintained the 10 pound loss. Now that it's warm out it's so pleasant to walk outside - May is my favorite month. I'll have no problem taking a one-hour walk three times a week. Good luck in sticking to your diets everyone. Joan
Old 04-26-2001, 06:24 PM   #35  

All I can say is WOW! Although I was optimistic after hearing about all of your great results, I didn't really want to get my hopes up too much. I have been taking the meridia since monday and have already lost 5 pounds! I cant wait to see what happens with an altered diet/exercise routine! There is finally hope for me!
Meredith
Old 04-28-2001, 12:04 AM   #36  

Glad you are all still out there.

Robin, you are doing sooo well. Congratulations. I know the feeling when people assume that Merida is a quick fix. A woman in my weight loss group commented to me on Tuesday night that I was doing so well because the Merida stopped me from being hungry.....don't I WISH it was that clear cut. Some days I am still very hungry. The Merida helps but you still have to have control.

CeeCee it is hard when you are working a lot to get a handle on eating. I need to plan my meals otherwise I'll just eat whatever is on hand. Don't worry, you'll get back on track

Don't Worry Be Happy---glad to hear from you since you started this topic. I am going to a brunch like that on Mother's Day. I remember you saying you were going to go to an Easter brunch and I thought of you when I made the reservations. This is a hotel brunch also, and I have heard it is delicious. It is $55 per person so imagine there will be a lot of food. Don't know yet whether I'll eat everything or try to be careful.

TooMuch glad you are doing so well with your weight loss. Merida is soooo terriffic at the beginning. Don't get me wrong it still works for me but less so. My doctor told me that eventually (when I tell him) he will increase me to the 15mg dosage. I am trying to hold off until I really feel I need it. Keep it up

I am exercising 6/7 days a weeks now with Richard (Simmons). I do his hour long Broadway Sweat tape. So glad the nice weather is finally coming. Our pounds will just fall off.

Take care, everyone
Old 05-01-2001, 11:56 PM   #37  

i forgot to post on monday, my weigh day....i lost another pound..that makes 11 in 4 weeks! and i have upped my exercising to walking 4 days a week, at the moment i have completed 2 days.

nikolas - i have noticed that it is not so much being hungry all the time (but sometimes i am) it is the fact that i want things that i haven't been eating...not really craving them, or hungry for them..just really want it!
i haven't giving in to that much, did have a couple of handfuls of m&m's that i bought the boys...wasn't hungry, just new i hadn't had candy in 4 wks.
i noticed you don't post weekly losses..do you weigh weekly? and how much have you lost now, if you don't mind me asking.

glad to hear everyone else is doing great...

meredith..i lost 7lbs my first week, after that it has been 1-2 a week...so don't get discouraged..that first week is usually a big water loss. it would be nice though to lose 5-7 a week, but very unhealthy...are you following a diet plan while taking the meridia?

later..robin

Last edited by Robin2; 05-01-2001 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:35 AM   #38  

Default Hi from Joan

Hi - just checking in - I have lost 2 more pounds so I feel good. May is so beautiful for walking outside with the flowers on the trees and the tulips out. I heard to get the maximum aerobic benefit out of exercise you should get your heart rate up and keep it up for at least 45 minutes so I make sure I walk for an hour three times a week. I also heard this at a Weight Watcher meeting "A moment on your lips, a lifetime on your hips". When you REALLY want to polish off the rest of the doughnuts or chocolates in the box did you every try this? Chew them to get the taste and spit them out instead of swallowing them! I know it sounds really nuts but hey, it's better than being bulemic. I bet a lot of people have done this - just wouldn't admit it!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:34 PM   #39  

Hi everybody!

I'm still working a lot, but the weight is dripping off (a slow, irritating, middle-of-the-night, faucet kind of dripping, but hey what can you do?

Yesterday I got busier than usual at work, and went about 12 hours without eating. It wasn't a good idea, and I don't plan on making it a habit, but I was amazed that I made it through without even thinking about raiding the vending machine (although I probably should have, at least for some pretzels).

It it amazing to be less controlled by thoughts of food.
Old 05-04-2001, 01:59 AM   #40  
Elle

Default meridia website info

Hi,

I have been following the post on Meridia. I have been considering taking it for some time. I have an doctors appointment on Tues to discuss taking it....All of your posts have been very encouraging. I was wondering how long its been on the market...longer than Phen-Phen was???

I wanted to give you guys some info i found on a Meridia website...www.4meridia.com. You can get a discount card from the pharmacutical company for discounts on meridia right from the pharmacy-- 25% off 1st three months and 50% off next three months. I called to get my card today.

When you go to the website, you have to join their "point of change" program and then follow the links til you get to the discount card info .

Elle
Old 05-04-2001, 05:19 PM   #41  

Default Hi Elle

Thanks for the info on the discount. I called and they are going to send a card out in 2 to 3 weeks. I want to go ahead and get started before that. So I guess I wont get a deal. But thanks
Old 05-04-2001, 09:45 PM   #42  

Elle, Littlebear I'd love to hear about discounts. My insurance doesn't pay. So far, the Walmart has been cheapest around here $90 and change for 30 pills (10 mg, and when I was on the 5mg dosage I paid $92 at the local Walgreens).

I went out to eat with a friend tonight. We went to a Chinese/Viatnamese restaurant. I had Vietnamese chicken soup with noodles cilantro, mint, lime and bean sprouts. It was so good, and while I'm stuffed from all the liquid (the soup and three or four glasses of ice water), I don't feel like I'm about to have a heart attack.

I almost bought some Hagen Daas gelatto at the grocery store (hey, it sounded low fat, you know, like gelatin. 290 calories for a 1/2 cup!!!) I bought Edy's WholeFruit Fruit Ice Bars instead (80 calories, and very yummy).

A coworker commented on my weight loss (I didn't even know it was noticeable yet). So far, about 20 lbs lost on Meridia and about 30 lbs from my highest weight.
Yeahhh
Old 05-04-2001, 10:51 PM   #43  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Saving $ on prescriptions (Meridia and others)

Hey you guys/gals:

After reading the last few posts on this thread, I did a little research on the Net - the lowest listed price I could find on Meridia was $79.87 for 30 capsules of either 5 or 10 mg. (15 mg was $104.87) at http://www.familymeds.com/familymeds...&patient%5Fid=

I also have to add something here - A couple of months ago I signed up for prescriptions by mail - you order them online and then within a week or so, you get your prescription! It's so cool - beats waiting in those looooong lines at the drugstore. (Did you ever notice how the person right in front of you never seems to have their information??) That convenience, along with being able to price shop, is terrific! Do give it a try sometime if you haven't tried it...
Closed Thread