3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Will I continue to lose weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/288484-will-i-continue-lose-weight.html)

MySprouts 10-09-2013 06:10 PM

Will I continue to lose weight?

Hi...this is my first time posting in this forum. I have a question, but first you'll need to read a bit about my journey... I began dieting back in April 2013 and here, 6 months later, I have lost 43 lbs. I didn't specifically follow a diet plan...just mainly stayed away from processed foods and eat clean (I used to eat very terribly, eating all the fries and cheeseburgers I could at various restaurants daily, as well as overstuffing myself).

After changing the way I eat, not only did I lose weight and feel better, but I noticed that I stopped having so many migraines and constant headache. One of the main changes I made is to switch from cow's milk (used to drink skim cow's milk) to almond milk. This has been a huge difference for me because cow's milk always gave me an instant and horrible migraine.

Anyway, since I am pretty much at goal weight now (wouldn't mind losing no more than 10 more pounds tops) I am wondering about what is going to cause me to STOP losing weight.

One of the other drastic changes to my lifestyle now is that I run. I'm not sure how far I run or how fast, but I do a combination of fast walking and some running for about an hour, 3 to 4 days per week. I first did this to lose weight, but now I only do it because I love running.

So my question is.... even though I am no longer dieting (just eating better....I eat what I want and as much as I want, even lots of chocolate because I'm a chocoholic :)), and I run regularly simply because I love it.... will I continue to lose weight or will my weight eventually reach a place where it will balance out and not lose anymore? I already eat so much, I cannot imagine trying to incorporate more calories into my days (I don't even know how many calories I eat each day, as I have never counted calories or anything else -- I hate keeping up with numbers or even a food journal).

Does anyone know if my weight loss will taper off? Or do I eventually need to make a change so I will quit losing? I do not need (nor desire) to go back to my terrible fast food eating habits, and certainly do not want to incorporate those foods that cause my headaches again. I eat healthy....LOTS of food... it's good and I enjoy it. But that, along with my running makes me lose weight. I'm assuming I will keep losing weight as long as I still have a little fat to lose?...and then when I don't, it will stop? I just don't know about that. I don't want to keep losing beyond being too skinny, as that is not healthy either. Thanks for any replies, and sorry this is so long!

asjb 10-09-2013 07:41 PM

It might taper off some but if you need more calories to stop losing weight, eat things like a handful of nuts, add healthy oils to cooking, eat avocados....these are all nutritious but also calorie dense:)

MySprouts 10-10-2013 08:24 AM

So I would just need to incorporate a few extra calories. I already eat a lot of avocados and healthy oils in my cooking. Guess I will have to add nuts. Thanks!