General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/132/120

Height: 5'5"

Red face Will I continue to lose weight?

Hi...this is my first time posting in this forum. I have a question, but first you'll need to read a bit about my journey... I began dieting back in April 2013 and here, 6 months later, I have lost 43 lbs. I didn't specifically follow a diet plan...just mainly stayed away from processed foods and eat clean (I used to eat very terribly, eating all the fries and cheeseburgers I could at various restaurants daily, as well as overstuffing myself).

After changing the way I eat, not only did I lose weight and feel better, but I noticed that I stopped having so many migraines and constant headache. One of the main changes I made is to switch from cow's milk (used to drink skim cow's milk) to almond milk. This has been a huge difference for me because cow's milk always gave me an instant and horrible migraine.

Anyway, since I am pretty much at goal weight now (wouldn't mind losing no more than 10 more pounds tops) I am wondering about what is going to cause me to STOP losing weight.

One of the other drastic changes to my lifestyle now is that I run. I'm not sure how far I run or how fast, but I do a combination of fast walking and some running for about an hour, 3 to 4 days per week. I first did this to lose weight, but now I only do it because I love running.

So my question is.... even though I am no longer dieting (just eating better....I eat what I want and as much as I want, even lots of chocolate because I'm a chocoholic ), and I run regularly simply because I love it.... will I continue to lose weight or will my weight eventually reach a place where it will balance out and not lose anymore? I already eat so much, I cannot imagine trying to incorporate more calories into my days (I don't even know how many calories I eat each day, as I have never counted calories or anything else -- I hate keeping up with numbers or even a food journal).

Does anyone know if my weight loss will taper off? Or do I eventually need to make a change so I will quit losing? I do not need (nor desire) to go back to my terrible fast food eating habits, and certainly do not want to incorporate those foods that cause my headaches again. I eat healthy....LOTS of food... it's good and I enjoy it. But that, along with my running makes me lose weight. I'm assuming I will keep losing weight as long as I still have a little fat to lose?...and then when I don't, it will stop? I just don't know about that. I don't want to keep losing beyond being too skinny, as that is not healthy either. Thanks for any replies, and sorry this is so long!
MySprouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #2  

It might taper off some but if you need more calories to stop losing weight, eat things like a handful of nuts, add healthy oils to cooking, eat avocados....these are all nutritious but also calorie dense
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/132/120

Height: 5'5"

So I would just need to incorporate a few extra calories. I already eat a lot of avocados and healthy oils in my cooking. Guess I will have to add nuts. Thanks!
MySprouts is offline   Reply With Quote