General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #1  

Default First starting, giving up, restarting all the time.

I am 380 pounds and really starting to feel my body inside feeling different. I always start eating right, give up and start again so many times. I think the reason is that as soon as my brain says diet i eat foods i hate but think i should eat to be healthy, like i always think oatmeal, beans, a certain amount of veggies and fruits daily, flax seeds, fish(yukk) broccoli just things you read you should eat.. I know well think their is a difference between eating to lose weight and eating to be healthy. But when i eat crap i could care less what it is and how much of it i eat. I would love some advice:
Should i be eating just to get the weight off as i ssid im 380 pounds and getting up in age then woory about the health part after.
Maybe that would keep me going as long as i start tracking my foods. Then after the weight starts coming off start thinking things like more veggies and stuff.

Oh and i forgot to add also i think you need drink tons of water also.

Thanks for any and all advice. Have a great evening..
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:49 AM   #2  
mjf

It's the same thing. Eating healthy is the way to lose weight. If you cut calories but continue to eat junk food, it'll end in failure. Junk foods tend to be less filling, so it's easier to overeat.

There are many healthy foods, so you don't have to eat foods that you hate. If you don't like broccoli, try other vegetables until you find one that you like (or even better, several that you like). Every healthy diet includes vegetables.

Here are some other foods that you may want to try, if you haven't already tried them:
Vegetables: Spinach, carrots, peas, asparagus, cabbage
Fruits: Bananas, mango, blueberries, avocado
Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, pecans
If you don't like oatmeal, maybe try other grains like quinoa, bulgur, and barley.
If you don't like fish, another healthy source of protein is eggs.

You can try cooking vegetables in different ways, for example I like vegetables cooked with olive oil and garlic.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote