General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #1  
camper

S/C/G: 215/154/145

Height: 5'7 and 1/2

Default Hair thinning and anemia with weight loss

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has had issues with hair loss along with the weight loss? My hair is thinner and more prone to breakage before I lost 50+ lbs. I am also anemic so not sure which one has caused the hair changes. I also became anemic after losing weight. I am so much healthier in every other possible way...all of my numbers are just fantastic, but these two areas have been effected.
camper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I did a diet a couple of years ago that resulted in hair loss. Anemia, I can't say for sure. I started taking a vitamin B multi and it helped. I think it's Biotin that's supposed to be good for hair. I'm not sure if it could help with anemia, though.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Hair loss is very common with weight loss. I have quite a lot of hair loss, and my doctor isn't worried (but I'm not anemic). He said it should stop when I stop losing.

The anemia your doctor should be advising you on what to do, and he or she might have some suggestions for the hair loss (my doc said I could try rogaine if I wanted to - so far the hair loss hasn't been bad enough for me to consider it).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

I'm anemic and I haven't had any problems with my hair thinning - nor has weight loss effected my hair (although I haven't lost that much). I'm sure it completely depends on the person though. Maybe add a multi vitamin to your diet and see if you see any changes over the next little bit - this way you'll know whether or not it's a deficiency somewhere or just how your body reacts to weight loss.

Last edited by EricAnn; 06-19-2012 at 01:41 AM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote