General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 145/145/135

Height: 5'4

hey guys

i found this forum today and it looks great.
i am 5'4 and 145lbs. my first goal is 138 and ultimate goal is 133/135. i exercise a lot but the weight is not shifting. i am consistently gaining due to the fact that i eat about 2000 calories a day to feel satisfied.

i have just started eat stop eat today. i fasted from 7pm yesterday until 7pm today. it was fine. i have fasted before and i do it quite well so this diet may suit me. the main thing i think is not to over do it on the other days which i may be inclined to do. i am exercising a lot so i hope both diet and exercise is gonna work for me. i don't care how long it takes for me to lose this 10lbs. i am lifting heavy weights too so i am not gonna pay much attention to the scales (yeah right!). i plan on focusing more on my body fat and how my clothes fit.
if anyone has any advice i'm all ears!!
merkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #17  
Lost

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Violet, you dont need to look "tough", weights wont make you look tough or mannish. Do you know how much I would kill to have looooooong sexy legs. Weights can emphasize what you DO have. No, you are never going to be petite. I'm 5'3ish and I will never be petite. I have shoulders and boobs and a ribcage that obliterates my waist. Trust me, my strong toned wide shoulders look more sleek and smaller than my soft rounded wide shoulders. Hiding who you are doesnt make you look your best. Take advantage of what you DO have.

Except for the height, I am built a lot like you. From the side I look thin with boobs. From the front I am wide and square. Some of that just is...and no amount of weight loss can change that. Some of it can be sculpted a bit with muscle, but you can't sculpt soft and flabby.

And here is the kicker. How others see you is more flattering than how you see yourself and when you get strong, you start to see the good.
i hope i start to see the good, i am so annoying judgmental towards myself, sometimes i cant stop myself from thinking such stupid things.. how do you control the mental part i want to be more positive and accepting.
i saw a woman who was a UK size 16 and she held herself with so much confidence that she looked really great, and i just wonder how she does it.
i'm a UK size 10-12 and i just have no damn confidence,and i have no idea how to get confidence. i've had really low confidence since i was in my early teens.
VioletRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #18  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletRain View Post
i hope i start to see the good, i am so annoying judgmental towards myself, sometimes i cant stop myself from thinking such stupid things.. how do you control the mental part i want to be more positive and accepting.
i saw a woman who was a UK size 16 and she held herself with so much confidence that she looked really great, and i just wonder how she does it.
i'm a UK size 10-12 and i just have no damn confidence,and i have no idea how to get confidence. i've had really low confidence since i was in my early teens.
Violet. I'm just a tiny bit taller than you. 140 would probably too thin for me... but I wear a UK 8 at my current weight. Lift some weights, get some muscle tone and you'll be much happier with how your body looks! Like JohnP already said, you don't need to lose weight. Gain some strength and you'll have an easier time burning the fat on your body and looking more lean and compact.

If carbs make you feel yucky, don't eat so many of them. Don't be afraid of healthy sources of dietary fat. The fat from an avocado or coconut oil does not translate to body fat any more than a rice cake does as long as you aren't intaking more fuel than your body can burn.

Most of all, love yourself. You're worth that!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #19  
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Violet. I'm just a tiny bit taller than you. 140 would probably too thin for me... but I wear a UK 8 at my current weight. Lift some weights, get some muscle tone and you'll be much happier with how your body looks! Like JohnP already said, you don't need to lose weight. Gain some strength and you'll have an easier time burning the fat on your body and looking more lean and compact.

If carbs make you feel yucky, don't eat so many of them. Don't be afraid of healthy sources of dietary fat. The fat from an avocado or coconut oil does not translate to body fat any more than a rice cake does as long as you aren't intaking more fuel than your body can burn.

Most of all, love yourself. You're worth that!
aww thanks you make me feel much better <3 *hugs*
you look great by the way in your picture .. i have a swimsuit similar to that but its blue and instead of polka-dots it's hearts. i know i got to stop being scared and worried all the time and just start doing things that are good for me
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #20  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletRain View Post
aww thanks you make me feel much better <3 *hugs*
you look great by the way in your picture .. i have a swimsuit similar to that but its blue and instead of polka-dots it's hearts. i know i got to stop being scared and worried all the time and just start doing things that are good for me
You'll do fine! Just remember that the number on the scale is just a number, it doesn't tell the whole story. There are a lot of ways you can change your body composition for the better!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #21  
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
You'll do fine! Just remember that the number on the scale is just a number, it doesn't tell the whole story. There are a lot of ways you can change your body composition for the better!
thank youuu
Old 05-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #22  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Violet - Just another thing to think about, I have a couple friends who have the body type you describe. They naturally have the cute "bite-sized" petite look and are very slender, but they complain that they look boyish!

You'll always be able to look at other body shapes and feel you're not good enough because you're different, but I guarantee that there are women with the exact shape you want lamenting the same way, and many who'd want to look like you.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #23  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

S/C/G: 330/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

hi all!
wow I love that I found this thread! ...and other IF peeps
I just joined 3FC like a week ago or so... and had not seen any IF or CR threads, so I just made my own for my accountability and laid out my plan/some explanation of IF CR and Carb revolving options

anyway, Im starting my plan again on 6/1 and am ubber PUMPED about it
justanotherchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 193/176.5/137

Height: 5'5

Hola folks!

I've been really busy, so checking in has been difficult. However,I'm happy to report that I'm only one pound away from my mini-goal weight! I was not expecting to reach that goal until July... but the scale has been kind to me, it seems! I've also managed to meet my other mini-goal; I can now wear my favorite pants!

I think at this rate, I might lose another 6lbs by my birthday, but I don't want to expect too much.

IFing has been working great for me. I've also noticed that my calorie intake has gone up from when I first started. I'm not struggling to reach my daily limit anymore!
penguin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, I am new to the fasting as diet idea. Can any of you give me an idea where to start? I'm trying to pick the best strategy of weight loss. I'm a healthy eater but I think I just eat too much and don't stick to my exercise schedule too well. I'm back on 3FC for the moral support! Any ideas would be appreciated!
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 AM   #26  

Violet- yes, your weight seems very normal. You need to lift and also accept yourself as you are. Your calories are way too low- increase.

Lean gains is 10 hours eating window for women. That helped me a lot when I was having trouble with Fast-5 not giving me enough hours.

The less I THINK about IF and the more I just DO it, the better it works for me. I am not living by too many rules, but yet this WOL seems to be falling into place for me. I have not gotten on the scales this week, but I have lost some lately and I think I am 4-6lbs away from goal weight.

Enay- it is like that "set-point" you are talking about... it just seems to be happening without too much effort.

One thing that has happened lately (boooo) is a shoulder injury, so I have stopped lifting the past 3 weeks (going to the doc soon about it to find out how much rest I need). Also I was sick with a cough and cold, so I really did rest. THat seemed to fuel my weight loss. I feel fat loss from my back, hips and stomach. I have been doing spinning the past week and many days brisk walks while on an empty stomach.

Have a good day IFers!
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #27  

Merkal- you sound like my twin. Exercise a lot, always hungry, the same height and weight, etc. ha ha! The lean gains might be something for you to look into. It helped me with more flexible hours. Also, I try to get protein with all meals and snacks and try to eat an egg or 2 almost every day.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #28  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Good morning.

I searched the leangains site for info about the fasting period for women and found this:
Quote:
Q: I'm a bit confused. Some people say I should do 16 hours of fasting, while others say that you now recommend 14 hours for women?

A: Females do 14 hrs fasting by default. The fast typically lasts 16 hrs, and is usually initiated in the evening. So in practical terms you might have your last meal some time between 8 and 10 pm in the evening and break the fast around noon on the next day.

But for women my default approach is to actually start off with 14 hrs and see how they do on that before eventually moving them to 16 hrs. When you look at the studies on gender and fasting, you tend to see that women may have slightly more adverse reactions to fasting than men, such as some degree of irritability and increased attention to food cues. 16 hrs is hardly prolonged fasting, but I like to play it safe, so that's why I have female clients fasting for a shorter time at the beginning.
I'm going to stay with the eight hour feeding window. 10 hours would really only be about two hours shorter than my normal eating pattern anyway.

I did well yesterday, though I got a little "snacky" feeling before bed it wasn't real hunger and I ignored it. I think things will get easier as it becomes habit.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 05-31-2012 at 09:40 AM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #29  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

Violet - I don't personally know many, if any, women who don't struggle with keeping a positive body image, so you are not alone. Even after 15 years of being at a healthy weight, I look in the mirror sometimes and think "fat." As others have pointed out though, remember that there are people out there who look at you and wish they had your body type. Human nature, we are never happy We have to learn to focus on making our bodies the best they can be, regardless of the body type God gave us, and remembering that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A lot of societal research has been done, and you might be surprised to learn that when presented with pictures of ten women with ten different body shapes and sizes, people choose different types as what they see as ideal. Most of them don't pick the super skinny types either!

I am very large framed myself. I try to remind myself of the positives... I am strong, I am fit, and I probably won't have to worry much about osteoporosis because of these big ole bones.

Off my soap box...
KTucke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #30  
Lost

-TheBunneh And KTucke7 -
it's just so weird though (my body type) i've never met any women (in person) with my body type thats probably why i think i'm kind of freak-ish i've been living in england for 4 years now,and everyone here is like petite and they all have size 6 shoes.
it's really weird.. i would probably feel gigantic if i ever visited japan xD lol
i have one friend in england who is the same height and weight but has size 6 shoes but also has a smaller frame then me.. i always think it must be because i'm half German or something..when i've looked at pictures of German People and my family who live there, they look as if they might have the same strong structure as me, but unfortunately i've never met anyone from my German side, since i was very little.
i grew up in a place where i didn't see many large framed people..so i geuss i always felt different.. i know different should never be a bad thing.. but sometimes it's just annoying especially when i am forced to wear a size bigger because of my hips or shoulders.

thank you both of you for being so nice

Last edited by VioletRain; 05-31-2012 at 10:46 AM.