General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #1  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Paleo Diet?

Are any of you following the paleo diet? I am looking into doing Crossfit and it seems like everyone recommends you follow that diet for the best results. It seems pretty straight forward since you just stick with meats, veggies, certain oils and fruits while eliminating dairy and grains. Just wondering if anyone else is following it or has any experience with it.

Last edited by Candeka; 04-17-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

There's a thread for Paleo/Primal in the Carb Counters section of the board, but it's not very active. I follow paleo and it's been easier than I expected to eliminate grains. I've had great results with it so I plan to stick with it long-term.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
Are any of you following the paleo diet? I am looking into doing Crossfit and it seems like everyone recommends you follow that diet for the best results. It seems pretty straight forward since you just stick with meats, veggies, certain oils and fruits while eliminating dairy and grains. Just wondering if anyone else is following it or has any experience with it.
wwwwwwooooooooooootttttttttt another Crossfitter!!!!

I've been doing Crossfit for a while now (over a month) but haven't tried the Paleo diet. Honestly, Crossfit is sooooooooooooooo hard that if you are eating healthy you WILL lose weight even without Paleo. I had plateaued for months (I was doing bootcamp and other exercise classes). THe month I did crossfit I lost 5lbs (which is a lot considering I am only 7lbs from my goal weight and thus weightloss is slow).

Be mentally prepared...it is insanely hard. I had been doing boot camp for months but it was nothing like crossfit. However, just don't quit!!! After your first 3 classes it starts to get a lot easier.

Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I follow more Primal than Paleo, but when I was pretty strict I saw some great fitness results. I maintained my weight but lost inches (my goal). I also saw some great strength gains in that time.

Right now I'm not as strict because I found that making things off limits started to make it difficult to stay on plan. I'm sort of 80/20 on Primal, maybe 70/30 I think I'm sort of drifting back to solely calorie counting, but we'll see.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote