General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #1  
DEED

S/C/G: 150/150/136

Height: 5'6"

Default I don't know what diet to follow

Well, I need to lose weight, I have stomach fat. I know you have to burn more calories than you eat.

I get up around 6:30am to start my day, I'm usually @ school by 7:50 .. I know you're suppose to eat 5-6 small meals a day. The only thing is I don't know how to balance the meals out because I have school from 8:20 to 3:10 .. When I get home, I go running around 4pm for about 45 minutes to get me back in shape for AAU.

I don't know how to balance out my meals & count calories, I've done it before but it was summer time, I don't know how to do it during school.. I have lunch @ 11:25am on white days & lunch @ 1:00 on red days.. Should I buy nutri-grain bars? How do I know what time to eat dinner? My last meal? etc.
bienRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienRad View Post
I know you're suppose to eat 5-6 small meals a day.
Is this something you actually want to do? Or is this just something you think you're supposed to do?

If it's the latter, then feel free to put it out of your mind. When you eat doesn't really matter, as long as you're eating within your calorie range.

Now, for some people, the advantage of smaller meals more often means that they don't get terribly hungry. However, there are plenty of people who hate to eat so often, and prefer eating 3 times a day or even less, but their meals sustain them for longer.

So, if you want to eat 6 times a day, then by all means. But, if you're only aiming to eat 6 times a day, because you think everyone else does... then don't.

Quote:
Should I buy nutri-grain bars?
Do you like Nutrigrain bars? If so, then ... by all means. Have a Nutrigrain bar. Do you dislike them? Then, no. Don't eat them.

Quote:
How do I know what time to eat dinner? My last meal? etc.
When are you usually hungry? Do you like having dinner and then planning a late-night snack? Or are you usually okay after your final meal?

This might take some experimenting, but as with that "6 meals a day" stuff that goes around, there's no one right answer for every person.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #3  
DEED

S/C/G: 150/150/136

Height: 5'6"

I get hungry every so often. In the morning if I eat something like waffles or banana, I'll be hungry again about a hour later.

I really need to lose weight, I don't know if I'm suppose to eat every time I get hungry orrrrrrrr ? i don't know..

I really wanna balance out my meals and make sure I burn more than I eat. I use to get up in the morning eat a plum, go running and eat something light (fruit or something) when I got back. Then I'd shower, go to sleep. & when I got up, I'd go play basketball for hours , eat a nice healthy & do it all over again. I lost a lot of weight. Whenever I got hungry every couple hours, I'd eat some fruit or a nutrigrain bars..
bienRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 121/113.5/109

Height: 5'2"

Make sure your protein intake is adequate. If I have a 'bad' day and don't get enough protein, it feels like I have to constantly eat in order to feel full. When I eat higher protein, I eat less in general.
rhythmicgymnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #5  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmicgymnast View Post
Make sure your protein intake is adequate. If I have a 'bad' day and don't get enough protein, it feels like I have to constantly eat in order to feel full. When I eat higher protein, I eat less in general.
I agree with upping the protein intake. I eat better generally all day if I get enough protein in. Eating 5-6 meals isn't for everyone. I eat three and sometimes a small snack. It works for me. Just write down everything you eat for a couple weeks and the times. It also helps to jot down how you feel, ie whether you were filled up, etc. Then it can give you some insight on your diet and where your calories are coming from. Make sure you are drinking enough water too.

Are you working out at all? Toning helps with over all body composition. Eating isn't everything.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote