General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Eat green tea leaves?

Hi all –

So last night I found a video on YouTube where this girl swears to losing 40 pounds in 6 months by eating green tea leaves. That’s right, EATING the green tea leaves. She said they helped suppress her appetite and she ate healthier since she wasn’t hungry all the time. So of course I had to try this LOL

Before going to work I stopped by the store and bought a box of Lipton pure green tea and I ate 2 bags (she does 3 bags, twice a day) along with my breakfast (I cut the tea bags and dropped the leaves in my mouth and then drank a ton of water to swallow them). Now, I honestly didn’t feel hungry until like 1 hour ago (I had my breakfast about 5 hours ago) so I’m thinking this really works, I even feel really energized. I’m always super duper hungry. I can breakfast at 9am and by 10 I feel like I haven’t eaten in days. I’m sure the caffeine is giving me energy but I feel like it helps control my appetite, at least so far. I was on phentermine for a while and those really help with appetite control but they’re too expensive and I can’t take time off from work to go to the doctor.

Now, has anyone heard of this? Tried it before? I told me coworker and she laughed at me all morning lol
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Did they taste really gross?

I've never heard of this, I don't think I would want to try it haha. I think I'd rather use healthy food to keep myself from feeling hungry.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #3  

LOL They weren't as gross as I thought they would be, as soon as I dropped them in I chugged them down with water...

I get you on the filling up on healthy foods (fiber & protein rich ) fruits, veggies but my stomach is like a bottomless pit, TRUE STORY. I rather try green tea though since it's natural and not diet pills. I'll see how it goes and give an update if anyone is interested.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Be careful, from what I understand, tea leaves are toxic in large quantities, I watched a documentary on cooking with tea leaves, and the show mentioned that eating small amounts was safe (but it didn't exactly say how small or how much was too much).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #5  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I had issues with feeling like I was starving all the time, and blood sugar spikes and dips as well. The only way of eating that has ever helped me not feel hungry is Atkins. Removing all those bad carbs and getting them from mostly veggies keeps me feeling full and when I get hungry it's not an insane hunger that makes me make bad decisions.

Best of luck!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Be careful, from what I understand, tea leaves are toxic in large quantities, I watched a documentary on cooking with tea leaves, and the show mentioned that eating small amounts was safe (but it didn't exactly say how small or how much was too much).

thanks for letting me know, i will do some research on this
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Cinnamon!!! It'll knock your hunger OUT. I buy capsules at whole foods and also put it on my food. It's amazing!

Last edited by ValRock; 02-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Both green tea and cinnamon rate a 3 star on Mary's PCOS treatment faq. They both help with blood sugar.

But I guess if I wanted to eat green tea I'd rather go with powdered matcha as the tea and drink it all up. Or in a green smoothie, yogurt, ice cream, whatever... than opening bags of lipton and eating chunkier leaves.

I think it's going to be one of those YMMV things.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote