General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone Well I am brand spankin new here... I love this thread... I am currently at 202 and would like to be at 190 for V-Day... I look forward to getting to know everyone and having FUN doing this together...
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #32  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Sheramama, Star, Jill, & others I missed
LittleBrownBike

Hope everyone is staying OP and not giving up! Most people who make resolutions and join gyms on Jan 1 are just about ready to get back to their "life", so let's just continue, shall we!!!
We CAN do this!!

Tom came on time this month and I have a nice water balloon as a gift once again. I may weigh around Wed or Thurs, but and completely taking Friday's off as my usual WI day. I am not going to torture myself with the insomnia and anxiety any further!!

Running and BodyRock for me this week as well as my Plateau Challenge exercises from MFP. Here's a little sample of what the PC is all about::

March in place for 1 min

1.Front Kick with Squat
Stand with feet together. Bring the right knee up and extend the leg in a front kick (don't lock the knee!). Lower down into a low squat (knees behind toes) and then kick with the left leg. Repeat (right kick, squat, left kick) for 1 minute.

March in place for 1 min

2. Diagonal Knee Smash
Shift your weight to the right foot and take the left leg straight out to the side, toe lightly resting on the floor and arms extended up and to the right of the body. Bring the left knee up and across the body while bringing the arms down and towards the left with a torso twist. Take the left foot down, tapping the floor and continue with the knee lift and arm smash for one minute, going as fast as you can. Repeat on the other side for one minute.

March in place for 1 min

3.Knee Lifts with Med Ball
Hold a light medicine ball or weight straight up overhead. Lift the right knee up to waist level while bringing the arms down, touching the weight to the knee. Return to start and repeat on the left side. Alternate knees and repeat for 1 minute. (If you don't have a med ball or weights try a 2 liter bottle, filled)

Each week it is something different. The first week was a water and exercise challenge. The 2nd week was 6 servings of fruit/veggies & an exercise challenge. I really like it. It's keeping me accountable, b/c you have to build each week. (you add week 1 to week 2; week 1 &2 to week 3, and so on)
Before you know it, you're doing a completely new routine in a month than what you were doing when you started
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #33  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - as you well understand, the standstill will not make me stop - I am stronger than a plateau or start of a new year The new workout sounds like it works a bit of everything Great job!!!!

Good morning all!!!!

Today it's back to work for me, matter of fact I have to leave now... everyone have an awesome OP day!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #34  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Okay for V-day I want to be down to 220. I will continue to do Shred 5x a week, but curb the snacking.

JillNicole and ItsMyTurn: I missed you guys!

Sorry for the major hiatus...things have been so crazy. I turned 30 and freaked out, but now I decided that I am going to make 30 sexy
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #35  
~Star~

LittleBrownBike - Welcome!!!!! Here's to a great goal!!!!

Sheramama - Why the freak out? 30's are wonderful...truly!!!! Glad to have you back, missed you!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #36  
~Krystal~

Off plan days suck, like an algae eater to the walls of an aquarium!!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #37  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

ItsMyTurn... Sorry the scale isn't moving as fast as you! I'm sure you'll see something great soon! :

LittleBrownBike... Glad to have you!! What day you usually weigh in? *

K9owner.. Work it girl! Love your attitude!

Sheramama... 30& 40 is sexy these days! Haven't you watched Sex & the City *
Misssss you!!! *

As for me... I've been doing so-so. My hormones have been every where lately, everything makes me cry (awkward lol), and my breasts I have been so sore. I'm right around ovulation time so I guess that's why. Just haven't felt that 'happy' lately which makes me want to eat yummy food. Been eating more like an average of 2,000 cals a day instead of the 1,200-1,300 I try to stick to.... And for some reason I just can't make myself get psyched into healthiness lol hopefully that happens soon *

Sweet Dreams Ladies!*
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #38  
~Star~

Krystal - Totally hear ya... though I never heard it quite put like that before

Jill - Those hormones can be an obstacle... time to remind yourself of your inspirations and what makes you be put on this path
Old 01-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I've been weighing myself every morning when I wake up, I know its not the most accurate way to do it but I like to see the numbers and I don't find that it discourages me or anything... I haven't decided what my "official" weekly weigh in day will be yet lol...
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #40  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

ItsMyTurn.. I definitely dont want to gain weight, but I guess in my head I think as long as I stay the same weight ill go ahead and eat what I want. I still eat good the majority of the day it's usually one meal that's not good...
Example: Yesterday:

Breakfast: Chocolate Protein Shake w/coffee mix --200 cal
Snack: Fiber Bar --150 cal
Lunch: Frozen Lean Meal & Sun Chips --500 cal
Snack: Fiber Brownie --100 cal

So far that day was fine.... I could of went home and had a 300 cal dinner and been fine, but instead I had been wanting salami all day long.. So I stopped and bought stuff for sandwiches.

My dinner: Salami Sandwich & Salt & Vinegar Baked Chips --est.: 1,000 cals

So instead of having about 1,300 cals I had 2,000 Grr

One thing I have been doing differently is keeping my calories on an iPhone app instead of a paper journal like before, I'm going to buy a paper one again when the store finally restocks (don't want to pay shipping since that's all I need)

LittleBrownBike... When i first started I weighed almost everyday too whatever you feel helps you the most!

jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #41  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I finally weighed in.. 188.5 this morning! almost down to my pre-holidays weight. AND I got my butt out of the bed for the gym this morning, woohoo!

I also decided to start a 5K running plan, being inspired by Krystal.. Day 1 was supposed to be 1.5 miles, but I quickly discovered I lost a lot of endurance when I switched from running a lot to doing biking, elliptical, more cross-training stuff once the school year started.

So, I got up to 1.2 miles this morning.. I was feeling good but my heart was racing quite a bit.. and then I broke the treadmill. The little "Stop-stop-this-is-going-too-fast-and-I'm-going-to-fall-off" button decided to pop off spontaneously, and I went from running at a 7.0 with a 1.5 incline to 0 in about 3 seconds. What a sight I might have been. I just innocently walked away to the weights area and told someone on the way out of the gym.

You guys are doing great so far this week, ladies! Keep it up Welcome LittleBrown and Sheramama
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #42  
~Star~

LittleBrownBike - What if you average out the numbers at week's end, say Sunday, and call that your weight for the week? Maybe just a suggestion since you like weighing daily I only weigh weekly (and thinking of going bi-weekly if things keep sticking), but think with it not bothering you at all, that might be the most accurate way to record the weight?

Jill - ooOOOOoooo... I have gone through periods like that, where I will do well until evening...then the craving was hitting and I would cave. See, I refuse to deprive myself, but at the same point, I could have had "less" of what I was craving too, If you figure out how to beat that, let me know... I am sure I will hit that mode again I couldn't figure it out the last time... substituting didn't work with an actual specific craving, cause nothing would satisfy BUT that thing... I just had to wait for it to pass - not a good plan - for me anyway. You sound like you are at least staying in maintenance range... I didn't during mine around Christmas. If I eat more than 1700 calories/day, I end up gaining... and boy did I, You are doing good, and this will pass... promise

pinksparkles - Ummm... Wow :O I totally had a visual of that whole thing going on in my head and literally lol'd here at work - got a strange look and I don't care, that's funny. I would have so been the same way... just saunter out nonchalantly, LOL. I am so impressed with you doing such a distance straight out of the gate of running! That's awesome!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #43  
~Krystal~

Jill: Gosh, you describe my hormonal mood swings lately to a tee. I can't stand that sore/tenderness either, especially after working out and taking OFF the sports bra. OUCH! You never hear guys talking about all of this sort of thing. Pisses me right off!!

Shera: I remember having a breakdown at 30. I was in complete shock for a while. It wore off eventually. I'll probably have another one if I make it to 40 just Rock what you've got. No point in gaining all your weight back plus some just b/c you're 30.

LBB: I used to weigh everyday, but developed an unhealthy relationship w/my scale. So, I stopped. I now weigh 1 or 2x/week, sometimes less. When the batteries go out this time, I'm thinking of giving her a little "time out".

Pink: for Glad I could motivate someone! Wish I could have motivated my back to be a little more cooperative so I could have ran a little more this week, but my back has to take top priority, otherwise I will not be running at all!!
I could so see you innocently walking away That would have been me, like nothing every happened.

So, I must admit, the whole craving in the late afternoon has me thinking of that weight watcher commercial (I think it's weight watchers or jenny), where the different ladies are all talking about their downfalls in weight loss and the last one says, "Oh, I completely cave after 3pm." I don't typically have that issue--the binge eating/craving between lunch and dinner that many people have. I think it's partly b/c some days, I am just getting out of bed and the other days--esp in the summer--I am working out during that time. I can remember a time I had it though. I'll tell you what has decreased my cravings to any type of food and that is eliminating highly processed/boxed carbs/food. It was hard to do, but it has really helped with the cravings.

Happy week to all, just 2 more days to go. Rock it!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #44  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

K9Owner: I'm glad I'm not the only one who freaked at 30! I am getting over it though.

JillNicole and ItsMyTurn: Thanx! I kind of re-evaluated my life and found out some things:
1. I am not happy with my career or lack thereof.
2. Ditto goes for my almost 13 yr relationship.
3. I do not bounce back after a night of drinking way too much.
4. I miss flirting.
5. Losing weight is giving me my confidence back even though I have been told by #2 above that I am being a huge bi+ch.
6. As much as the kids are my life, I need to be my own person again. I was a lot of fun.
7. I really love my new tats
8. I work out bc it makes ME feel good for ME. No one else.

I decided after the freaking that I will make 30 fantastic. I made a list of all my general weights at each age from 16-29. Right now, I am down to age 27's weight...soon to be 26. It's my way of reversing time.

I am still doing Jillian Michael's Shred-since mid oct. I love it. I went back to level 2 so I could accomplish doing all the moves following it the hard way before I progress. My 16w's are starting to get loose and I am getting muscles I forgot all about. With all the male attention again, it's nice. Whoo hoo ego boost!

I did Level 1 Shred with my friend last night, then needed a beer (which I barely ever have) with dinner. And I ate a serving of gummy bears augh so I did Level 2 a few hrs later. 1 hr total of Shred! I felt great this morning. I'm waiting for the kids to go to sleep so I can do my last day of level 2 before trying 3 I got the new Shed and Shred for my bday so next month it is off to that.

Good luck everyone
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #45  
~Star~

Krystal - I am so glad you are finding what works for you! It's amazing the type of learning experience this turns into when you buckle down and don't give up.

Sheramama - Sounds like you have been doing a ton of self-discovery! I am so glad you are becoming confident in who you are, we all deserve to have that and feel that, no matter our circumstances. Personally, from a "mom" perspective (and 2 of mine are high needs): I think that if we make the kids our total focus and forget who we are, we are not as good for our kids as when we are truly ourselves and confident in who we are. My kids have since gotten older (18, 15, and 12), and they have doubled now as not just my kids, but my friends as well - as I did with my mom...and I think that is because we respect one another for WHO WE ARE... we love each other dearly - they are still my kids and I will pull the mom card when I have to - but because I have sight of "who" I am, they are able to befriend me Anywho... enough babbling... I am so glad you are taking time to realize YOU are still in your body

As for me - Got a chance to SKYPE with mom last night (speak of the devil, lol) and we were on for 2 hrs! I miss her so very much! She hasn't seen movement on the scale lately either... told her I think we are linked, We seem to lose the same weeks, plateau at same times, and put on a pound or so at same time too! So strange , how even 3500 miles away, we are so similar. We are both trudging forward, we both have not lost sight that we are doing right and are in WAY better places than we were a year ago... but... it's time for some tangible scale numbers now. We have both decided to jack up our cardio portions this week - starting today. We will both be upping either intensity or time spent on it and see where we land