General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadacatman View Post
Yes and he told me to try and stay away from the grains to see before he sends me for tests. When I eat brown rice. multi grain bread, oatmeal pain when I eat white bread white rice nothing feel fine.

Thanks
Is he sending you for tests for celiac disease?

I ask because I was tested a couple of years back and I am a celiac.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #17  

He did not even mention that at all. Is that something you can get just like overnight.

Thanks
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #18  

Hi, you comment interests me about the oatmeal. I have added grains back into my plan, and over the last few days have been eating Old Fashion Oats (cooked and raw in no bake cookies)and I think they are causing major bloating for me.

Which I am not happy about, so I think I will try the Quick Oats. I only add two servings of grains to my regular plan for right now. And I hope this helps, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilButterflyWings View Post
Grains can bloat. My husband had that issue with oatmeal, but he switched to quickoats instead and it doesn't cause any problems. The quickoats are easier for him to digest therefore giving him no issues.

Beans probably would only be good one week in the fridge, but maybe a couple months in the freezer (if sealed up tight).
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #19  

Are quick oats as good for you.
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #20  

I get bad stomach probems when I eat many types of grains (wheat/gluten is big no for me) and legumes. Fibers from veggies etc have never been a problem tho.
Gabbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/176/145

Height: 5'8

The only difference between quick oats and old fashion oats is the size and thickness of the oat. The quick oats are cut smaller and rolled out thinner so they cook quicker. The nutritional value is the same. Hope that helps!
BrettnLaurynsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote