General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmtime View Post
Wow....I am barely into the book but your post has already made me understand what she is talking about.

You hit on an important point for me and I wish you would talk about it some more....what is protein? I don't eat a lot of meat and I just know that is going to be my problem. I know to eat eggs and I read where you said yogurt.Any other good protein sources? I am afraid that is where I am going to mess up.

Also...I am a HUGE SWEET EATER....How do sweets fit into this plan or do you just not crave them?
Other than yogurt (nonfat usually) and eggs I also use beans for protein, nonfat dairy products, and quinoa as well as some meat. I know tempeh is a good vegetarian protein source, but I've never had it myself. I also use soymilk in my coffee most of the time.

And sweets can fit into your meal plan, it's just best to have them in moderation which I know is much easier said than done. But part of why the skinny chicks eating plan works so well is that by having the PC combos, your blood sugar stays on an even level which makes it easier to resist sweets. When your blood sugar is spiking and then falling it's easy to want to grab and eat anything insight. I don't think there have been any times I ate off plan do to genuine hunger.

I don't have the book with me right this second, but I know there is a section where the author talks about a woman who followed her plan and was also vegetarian. There's a sample menu of what she used to eat (generally too many carbs and no protein to balance it out) and how they made everything more balanced.

*also, have you gotten to the part where she works with Giuliana Rancic from E! news? it was nice to know that even skinny girls like Guiliana make the same mistakes we all make in trying to lost weight.
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I started this on January 1 and am sooooooooooooooo amazed already. I was weighed 150 on January 1 and 148 today. I am thrilled.

I am not following the initial plan which calls for lots and lots of fruits/veges. I am following the next one.

Here is exactly what I have been eating every day:

6:30 oatmeal with blackberries and nuts
11:15 chicken wrap(I use a wheat tortilla, chicken, black beans, salsa and lettuce)
3:30 yogurt, fruit, nuts
5:30 a Lean Cuisine meal or a SMALL portion of my family supper
7:30 one wedge Laughing Cow and around 10 Special K chips

I was an unreal sweets eater....never met a brownie I didn't love, you know...and I have not craved them since I started this.

I simply stay "even"....I am hungry before my meal and then completely full until I get hungry right before the next meal.

WOW....WOW...WOW

I have not exercised at all but would love to see how exercise affects this.

Love this book
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

I'm a big fan too (obviously), I just think when it comes to weight loss you have to find what works for you on an individual level and something you can stick with. I don't want to have to lose weight again.
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Sounds like an interesting read... I just picked it up at the library yesterday.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #20  

What amazes me is 1. not having that OH MY I AM STARVING feeling and 2. not craving sweets
Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #21  

Had the first person say to me today "Have you lost weight?!" Music to my ears. I love it.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #22  
pleasantly plump from '82

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'9

Yay! Isn't that great to hear? Confirmation that what you are doing really is working.
sal27253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

I definitely want to check out this book after reading this thread! I have been reading and following, for a week now, Tosca Reno's Eating Clean Diet Recharged book, which isn't a diet at all, but simply a better way of eating. While it is similar in that you eat 6 times a day (every 2-3 hours) you are supposed to incorporate a lean protein and a complex carb with every meal. So for example: oatmeal and egg whites (NOT in the same bowl! LOL), apple with peanut butter, chicken w/whole wheat pasta, etc. I have found it VERY easy to follow. Best of all - I find I am not at ALL hungry and don't have the sweet cravings, which is/was definitely my weakness. I am guessing it is because my sugars are leveled and not spiking - creating that urge.
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #24  

Kimberly,
Sounds almost exactly the same. It amazes me that I don't get that starved, where are the brownies feeling I used to get!!

Another thing that I think helps me is that I eat the exact same breakfast and lunch every day. I am a teacher and that helps me to plan the night before and not rely on impulse food (like a honey bun from the machine in the lounge).

For dinner, even if we go out to eat and I can't eat my lean cuisine, I still like I know what to eat. I definitely eat less.

I also have my after school snack and 7:30 snack and it helps that they are the same.

On a side note, it was really cold today and I buttoned my coat and was amazed that 1. it buttoned and 2. there was wiggle room. Now, I am no SKINNY MINI yet, but I feel like I can say the YET part, you know?

GOOD TIMES
Old 01-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for posting about this book - I totally want to check it out now! A lot of what you're describing about PC combos, eating every 4 hours, and blood sugar is exactly what they teach in the diabetes class I went to. I'm not diabetic, but my mom was diagnosed and it certainly wasn't far off for me at the rate I was going! Eating protein has been key for my weight loss and watching the amount of carbs in foods too. Thanks again, this helps me feel like I'm making changes that will help me be successful in maintenance too!

Last edited by Jen516; 01-16-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #26  

I have lost 3 lbs and 1 1/2 inches off my waist. My bra needs to be on a tighter "setting" and I feel so much better. The great thing is that I go off plan if I need to and still am able to do my protein/carb thing (which allows me to eat out).
Old 01-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 18 stone 10 pounds

Height: 5ft 6

I eat salad more than my friends and they are all skinny, I don't have the attitude that I can eat something else later on though, but sometimes I do feel that there's no point in exercising if it's a low calorie day!
Tina2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #28  

The title is kind of a joke I think. But she also makes the point that restaurant salads can be crazy!!

I really think the whole point is to eat protein/carbs every four hours. It is great!!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoodles View Post
I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast (cuz they recommend it on almost every diet plan i've seen), but i would still feel hungry. Since starting reading this book i've added protein by having my oatmeal with a half cup of non-fat plain yogurt, and soymilk with my coffee. The difference it's made is immeasurable.
I was actually going to start on thread on this, because I get so frustrated with this stuff.

If I don't add some sort of protein to anything I eat, I'm hungry like an hour later. I see these people talking about eating oatmeal in the morning with fruit and I just think, how?? If I eat that I am literally hungry within 2 hours (if I'm lucky it's THAT'S long!).

also, people who just eat soup for lunch. I keep thinking, is there something wrong with me? why wouldn't soup fill me up? No way, I would be hungry in an hour.

I'm going to check out this book!

~BreathingSpace~
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #30  

You will be amazed! I always knew I felt better if I ate protein and even mentioned it to my doctor one time. He just gave me a funny look. What amazes me is I don't get hungry and don't have cravings.

My husband mentioned today that he couldn't believe how my stomach was "going in." Mind you, I just started this on the 1st and have not eaten 100% "on plan." When we went to Macaroni Grill this weekend, I enjoyed bread with olive oil, pasta, roasted vege and lemon chicken. See, how I still did the protein/carb thing.

I love, love, love it!! I plan to start exercising tomorrow and am curious how I will feel ( I don't know if I will need to eat more?). I haven't counted the calories, but I am losing weight. So sweet

And yes...I never got how people could have a cup of soup for lunch. I have no willpower. If I am hungry, I eat. With this, I don't get hungry and I really, really enjoy my meals.