General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #1  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Default What can I accomplish in 2 months?

Ok, So I have until August to kick around and have time to myself. Once August begins I will be auditioning for American Idol (I'd hate to think that I would be judged unfairly because of my weight). And if my American Idol thing doesn't go anywhere, I am moving 1000 miles from my home to Nashville, TN...where I am sure my life will become very complicated. So given these next uncomplicated 2 months...What can I accomplish? Can I lose a dress size? TWO dress sizes? Can I lose 20 lbs? I just want to do everything I can to look as non-overweight as possible by the time I have to audition, and/or begin my new life.

How far can I get in two months?
Here is my background:
I weigh 172 lbs
I WILL NOT eat less than 1400 cals/day
I am willing to do any/every exercise cardio weight lifting etc.
I am not afraid to work out intensely and/or for long periods of time.
I would like to get into a slightly intense regular resistance training schedule.

Can anyone recommend a good resistance training program?

Thanks! ~Sara
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Well, what are you planning for your calorie deficit? -500 calories a day is -1 lb a week. -1000 a day is -2 lbs a week. Achieving this by cutting back on food and cranking up on exercise is how I tackle it. I go for a comfortable -500.

Experience tells me that while I can stretch it to -1000, I risk binge-y feelings. So I'm better off taking it slower.

Workouts? For beginners? I like Kym Lyons. It's a mix of weights and walking workout for cardio.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...up-series-5742

HTH!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #3  
is determined!

S/C/G: 208/194.5/130

Height: 5'6"

How much can you do in 2 months? As much as you set your mind to. Just be sure to follow up that mindset with hard work.

I advice, for the best results, would be to get a personal trainer and tell them your goals, to do as much body re-shaping in 2 months as possible.
evoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #4  
On my way

Thanks for the feedback!
evoo-I'd love a personal trainer, but I have literally no money...I'm unemployed currently, but that is just more time to work out!

I think just by eating 1500/day and not doing any formal exercise I already have that 500/day deficit. (according to my research). I guess my problem is that strict dieting and a lot of intense exercise is hard to maintain. I was running about 7 miles/day and doing 30DS 3X/wk...for a couple of weeks, and I was losing pretty fast, but I hit a wall, and have not been doing very well all month since my birthday, which was also my last TOM. So I guess what I am asking, is what should I make as my realistic goal...because I have trouble being realistic.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

You can't really "decide" how much to lose - you can only decide what you're willing to do to accomplish weight loss (and you'll get the results you get).

Set a calorie minimum and/or maximum, set an activity minimum and/or maximum and stick to it. The harder you work, the more you can accomplish, but you really can't determine the results very easily.

Behavior change goals are most effective when the goal is a behavior you have complete control over (it should be specific, defineable, controllable and measureable). Weight loss isn't a behavior - it's a result of behavior - so make sure your goals are behaviors. What are you going to do to lose weight (how many calories, what exercise and how often...)?

The more you're willing to do, the better your results - but it's nearly impossible to predict the exact results. They are whatever they are (because there's so much about weight loss that you can't control).

You can re-evaluate, start with what you think you can do (challenging, but not frustrating) and if you'ld like to lose more rapidly ask yourself if you're willing and able to do more. If so - do more, but if not, be happy with whatever results you are getting.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #6  
On my way

Yes Kaplods, I think you hit the nail on the head...I am always trying to predict how much I will lose and when...and maybe that is unhealthy. I have all these calorie deficit equations and B.S. in my head...and that involves working out X amount of hours per day. That is sometimes unrealistic, and I make myself crazy over it. Ordinarily however, I would not be in such a rush; It's just that I am auditioning for American Idol, and/or moving to a new city, and I do not want to be judged for being overweight...I guess I can't change reality though.

So here is my behavior change:
I am going to further limit my sugar consumption.
I am going to clean up my weekend eating.

That said, I still would like a resistance training recommendation.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

The best training program for you depends on your situation. How much time do you have? Can you hire a personal trainer? Are you a member of a gym?

That being said, you can do a ton of awesome exercises in just a few minutes with just your body weight--do a Google search for at-home exercises, or think squats, lunges, push-ups, planks, etc. If you have an exercise ball, you can do crunches, push-ups, and assisted squats with that. Grab a book on Pilates!
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote