General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #301  
Is this the last time?

S/C/G: 191/see tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default lunch/snacks

Razz44 - good luck!

i can't answer your question about the EFS vs FS, i've only done FS.

for lunch or snacks:
i made a broccoli soup (i did add two potatoes, which are not on any phases), but it adds thickening so that we don't need cream, milk, etc. one whole head of broccoli, some veggie broth/flavoring w/water to cover, one leek (or onion) and the potatoes. cook down until all veggies are soft, then blend together (i have one of those hand blenders). it's very tasty, no fat.

refried no fat beans, no fat plain yogurt and salsa in a bowl, with the crackers that i make from the pizza crust (see recipe below).

or the SF granola w/no fat plain or flavored yogurt.

if you like middle eastern food, look up lentil rice pilaf and find something called mjadara (it's spelled differently in different places). i made it last night and could have eaten the whole bowl! it calls for 4 tbsp of oil to make a 4 serving amount, but i think the oil could be cut down a lot.

any kind of soup off the shelf.

fruit all the time, any time. the clementines now are easy to take to go, grapes are easy... i find it hard to eat so much fruit b/c i've always counted calories, but not now!

home on the weekend, make that pizza! it's so satisfying and crunchy, not like eating fruits and veggies!

now, for me, I go up and down, and up and down, it's making me crazy!!! last night i wanted that bag of M&Ms in the cupboard so badly ... i was probably 50% on my way to sitting down with it!!

peace and calm, luck to us!
misskitty

Smash Fat Granola (recipe from the other SF forum)
1 cup oatmeal, dry, not quick oats
1 egg white *remember you can use 'Just Whites' found in the baking section if you don't want to waste eggs, although my dog loves the yolks mixed in with his food
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla * i find this to be a little much, i'd cut it down by half
Mix it up and spread on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes at 300 degrees. Stir it up again and bake it for another 8 minutes or until it lightly browned and crunchy.
misskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #302  

Height: 5'4"

Another question. When they list the menu for the day (like a cup of beans) are you supposed to eat just that as your meal or are you supposed to use a recipe in the back of the book that incorporates that ingredient (minus any of the forbidden foods from that cycle)? Or are the recipes more for the later stages and maintenance stage ?
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #303  
Is this the last time?

again, if you're talking about EFS vs FS, i don't know. but for FS, i would eat as much as what was permitted (i.e. fruits/veggies), but if one cup of beans were allowed, then i might mix black beans w/cut up tomatoes and green peppers, some cumin and a little red wine vinegar and make a 'salad' out of it. combine, cook, whatever you need to do. you'll find that many foods that you might have eaten otherwise are okay with just a little tweaking.

look online for vegetarian recipes for the first phases of the diet. that can give you some ideas.

misskitty
Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #304  
I Really Want To Lose 50

S/C/G: 229/179/150

Hello Ladies,

Welcome Razz, I am doing the Extreme Fat Smash and I love it. You will adjust to eating more frequently but alot less. Soon you will be tired of eating. You are able to add back the sandwiches in cycle 2 which is the second week. The recipes in the back or for maintenance really. You have to be creative about how you prepare your foods so you do not get sick and tired of them. Utilize your snacks of 100 calories or less if you are still feeling hungry they will help until you adjust.

Last edited by Equinata; 02-04-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Equinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

I am on day 4, I had a cheat, and yes it was a conscious one, but not enough for me to have to start all over again. I have managed to avoid the icecream in the freezer. Does anyone know where the recipes from the other forum went? I did the biggest loser weight lose yoga dvd since I didn't have time to go the gym.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #306  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hello Ladies
Life4ever it is good you acknowledged the cheat so you can move on or even offset it with more excercise. I have no idea about the recipes as I try not to try new recipes to often while dieting. You are doing great thus far.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #307  
missjkd

S/C/G: 218/ticker/118

Height: 5'2"

Default Fat Smash & WHey Protein

I am thinking about doing the Fat Smash. Does anyone know if whey protein is allowed in phase I? What about in the later phases? Thanks
missjkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #308  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

I re-started Fat Smash on January 4, 2010, today about a month later I have lost 12 pounds and I feel great!
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #309  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hello Ladies,

Welcome missjkd and purduegirl98. We are happy to have you. I am a EFS girl and really cant help with the FS phases but I am sure one of the other ladies could let you know about the whey protein. Congrats purduegirl98 on your lose thus far.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #310  
Is this the last time?

Default cheating...

so, my son had his confirmation this past weekend, and we celebrated, so i consciously ate a little of the 'bad foods' from Thursday through Super Bowl Sunday. I didn't overeat it though, and I kept exercising, so hopefully it won't come back to haunt me too badly. it was actually interesting - i wasn't 'moved' to overeat, and i got fuller, faster. whenever i get done with the weight loss this time around, i think the FS diet teaches us to eat less, and pay attention to when we feel full.

for the question on the whey protein, it's a dairy product, yes? i wouldn't think it would be against the rules unless it contains fat.

oh, by the way, did you know that snow shoveling for 3 hours burns 1450 calories!? happily, i cheated the weekend that the snow storm came, so i've been exercising AND shoveling... and now, another 6-10" on the way.

misskitty
Old 02-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #311  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hello Ladies,

Misskitty it is good that your cheat was a conscious one so you did not over due it. What was the outcome?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hi everyone,
I am planning on starting FS on the 13th of this month. I am not a newbie to FS... BUT, it has been 4 years since I was on the diet. I was a daily poster on the old FS thread here on 3FC. If any of you want some recipe ideas... you can still search the forum and find the FS recipe thread. There are a lot of good ideas there. Just wanted to throw that info out in case you all didn't know about it.

Actually, here is a link to the old forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/

There is some pretty good info on there.

Now, back to me. lol. I lost weight on FS before. DH lost a lot more than me. But, don't they always? We moved to another state back then and got off the diet. Now, I am ready to start again. I weigh more now than I did when I started FS 4 years ago. UGH! But, I know it works.

I hope I can get to know you all. I will be here every day with "something" to say. lol. It may not be very interesting....but, I found out the last time I did FS... daily posting helps keep me motivated and accountable.

Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 02-11-2010 at 09:50 PM.
shae8230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #313  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjkd View Post
I am thinking about doing the Fat Smash. Does anyone know if whey protein is allowed in phase I? What about in the later phases? Thanks
Hi missjkd,

Here is an answer to your question from a Q&A with Dr. Ian.....

QUESTION: Is Whey Protein allowed? I like to use whey protein (EAS-Chocolate Flavored) as a base for my strawberry smoothie for breakfast.

ANSWER: Protein powders and supplements have been largely untested, especially with there being so many brands and varieties. If you decide to add protein powders to you shakes, you need to make sure it is healthy protein and the product's manufacturer and their claims are reputable.

Kinda vague, but that is all I could find. Hope that helps!

Sherry

P.S. I don't want to seem like I am just jumping in and trying to take over the group....but, what do you ladies think about having a "weekly" Fat Smash thread? I think it would be easier to keep up with and weed out all of the previous smashers who aren't posting anymore. Just a thought. We used to start a new weekly thread every Monday. And we also had a weekly weigh in thread. Just some ideas.....

Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 02-12-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #314  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hello Ladies,

Welcome aboard Shae. I'm sure you have plenty of info to share with us ladies.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #315  

Hi Equinata,

Thanks for the welcome! Since it's been 4 years since I did FS...I'm sure you ladies have plenty to share with me. lol!

I am starting my shopping list today. Tomorrow is shopping day. Dh is going to do the diet with me again. We could both stand to lost a few lbs. And it's easier when I don't have to cook a different meal for me.

I am so excited and ready to begin detox. I can still remember how hard it was, but also how good I felt after it was over. Man, the first 3 or 4 days almost killed me. I thought I was starving to death! lol. And I drink diet cokes and I will have to stop them again. I can already feel the caffeine and nutrasweet withdrawals. UGH!

I hope you all have a great day!

Sherry