General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/160/110

Height: 5'0

Talking 5th day completed on cookie Diet

...so im on my day 6.
weighed myself and lost 3 pounds in total. which i'm liking..i have to remind myself about my thyroid problem and that its probably harder for me to lose the weight compared to others as im not very good at taking my pill on a daily basis (i do try). And also remind myself that before the diet..those numbers were only going up! and now they are going down!
Also..yesterday i had an avocado with my meal...not bothering to check calorie content on the avocado..later my sister told me that an avocado has like 300 + calories on its own! yikes! not doing that one again...so yesterday my meal was probably around 1300+ calories..not good for my little body so not doing the avocado again and taught me to check (google) the calorie stuff before i decide to add something new to my meal
3 lbs in 5 days...its all good, im very excited...and jill's lost pounds are great to hear..keeps you motivated.
felt little cravings on my 5th day that i didnt have on the previous days..thats prob why i went for that avocado haha ,
but, no matter what mistakes you make...just get back to staying focused on your goals..it'll be worth it!
oh..and my sister has lost 4lbs in the 5 days....(she didnt have the avocado)
MOTSIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 219.6/209/149

Height: 5ft8inches

Well done!! I know, my girlfriend has some thyroid problems and it does slow down weight loss a bit. But like you said, the important thing is that you are going down, not up. As far as dinner goes, I do well with routine, which is why I like the cookie diet. I am a vegetarian, so pretty much every night, I make a big salad and throw a couple of veggie burgers (or some other kind of veggie protein) and dress it all with red salsa, green salsa and a tsp of fat free sourcream. In the real world, I know it doesn't sound very appetizing, but in my diet world, it's actually pretty good and filling and I am able to have an exact caloie count.

Well, have a great weekend and keep up the good work!!
jillsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #18  

dinner idea:

lettuce wraps...3oz of ground turkey/chicken/tofu meat..some peppers,mushrooms,bean sprouts mix and cook all together...can add light soy sause with a dash of sweetner
and divide it all to eat wrapped with lettuce leaves.
making some for tonights dinner.

Last edited by MOTSIG; 11-12-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillsusan View Post
I know!! They make me thirsty too! Tomorrow I weigh in for the completion of week two. As of yesterday, I am 208, which is 11 lbs down from my start weight.

as for the weight loss tracker, if you go into "quick links" and click on "sig weight tracker" it will walk you through. While I was able to create one, I couldn't paste it anywhere as it says you have to be a member for at least 20 days.

Well, good luck and I look forward to hearing that the pounds are just melting off you!!
hi jillsusan thanks for the weight loss tracker advice... i did it and was able to use it as i joined when i ordered the cookies like 3 weeks ago. thanks
Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #20  

Those lettuce wraps sound great, I am going to try them tomorrow -
Thanks!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #21  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Yesterday was very difficult! I was so hungry! I was so compulsive! Thank the heavens today is a new day! One thing that has me stressed is I ordered more cookies and they have not arrived. I think I have today and tomorrow and that is it. So I was thinking about not doing cookies and doing the same calorie content as the cookies but every two hours...hummm

And see for me, today, that is crazy thinking...cuz I feel I need the structure and the ease of the cookies. Otherwise my mind plays games...actually it is the addict in me.

So for today...(actually this moment) I will eat a cookie every two hours and my meal in the evening.

The GREAT NEWS IS...the REALLY BIG NEWS IS....the FANTASTIC NEWS IS... yesterday....through all that pain and compulsion...I stayed with my plan. Holy cow is that a miracle!!

Hugs to all...Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #22  

Way to go Cathy!! I know, we went out for dinner on saturday night with some friends and it was so AWKWARD!! I really did stick to my guns for the most part but my boozy friends kept badgering me to have a drink and if I'm
going to consume more calories it ain't gonna be on wine!! And of course everything on the menu was cheesy saucy and delicious, so I ordered this AMAZING sweet potao ravioli and left about 75% of it on my plate, which was VERY HARD TO DO!! Any how, it could have been alot worse but I am still kicking myself.
Scared to get on the scale on wed for my week 3 weigh in. Well, I hope your cookies come soon and that sounds sensible, to substitute something with similiar calories (maybe protein bars?) until cookies come.

Hang in there and keep me posted!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #23  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

This afternoon my cookies came! When my husband saw them...he said Wow that is a lot of cookies. I ordered 4 weeks so I got one free---plus a few other things... ***big sigh*** For today this is working.

There is a group of people that get together every year and do something like Toys for Tots but we call ourselves Christmas for Kids...one of the ladies makes the VERY BEST fudge EVER! And I mean the VERY BEST! Last year I ate so much...I think I am still full from December 2008...anyway at our meeting tonight she brought a huge container of it...I had ONE piece...count it one piece...AND the biggest news of all...I said to everyone there...I am only having one piece and I give everyone permission to yell at me if I take more later. I have NEVER ever EVER done anything like that before....never admitted to only taking one...NEVER asked for public help like that. I almost came out of my body and looked at myself! LOL

This is kewl. I like me today!

Thanks 4 listening! Cathy
Old 11-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #24  
On my way to Healthy

S/C/G: 256/253/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Everyone!
My cookies arrive on Thursday and I will be starting on Friday. I am really excited, and glad to find this website and all of you! Anything I should know about before starting?
Shelley221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #25  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Hummmm I am on week 2. I have to tell you that I have been extremely hungry! But the calories are VERY LOW. I wonder if weight loss surgery folks go really hungry?

Glad 2 have someone on here that is willing to post about the COOKIES.

Cathy
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 AM   #26  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

I'm new too... yesterday! The very best of luck to you. Isn't this a great place? No matter which diet you are on, no one poo-poo's it, or knocks your confidence at all. A lovely group of people
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #27  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
I'm new too... yesterday! The very best of luck to you. Isn't this a great place? No matter which diet you are on, no one poo-poo's it, or knocks your confidence at all. A lovely group of people
Thank you! I have been nervous about someone making a negative comment. It is crazy...but I am learning so much about me and food! Holy Cow!!

Cathy
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #28  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

I know Cathy! I know. I have found nothing but encouragement on here. We are all different and if one of us slips up I ge the feeling there will always be someone around to pick us up again
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #29  
Without the guilt

S/C/G: 182/179/144

Height: 5'6

Congrats on the success! Hearing about someone else's results always keeps me motivated
Eating What I Crave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #30  

Welcome and good luck!! So week 3 is finished and I lost 4 more pounds and I am thrilled!! I am down to 203 and I more motivated than ever.

My daughters birthday party is on saturday and I am determined to not eat any snacks, cake etc. We will see!!

sw 219
cw 203