General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 05:33 PM   #1  

Smile The Common Sense Diet

I came across the website and found it beneficial. Gives you a 20 week diet plan.

http://members.aol.com/xvxwcxvx/diet.htm
Old 05-24-2002, 11:04 AM   #2  

Hi Jenbry,

You're right, it is a really sound nutritional plan. However, if I could just do that I wouldn't need to be there. I don't seem to have what it takes to just eat what I'm supposed to and stay away from the things I should avoid. Are you trying this?

Take Care,
Katy
Old 05-28-2002, 02:40 PM   #3  

Not as of yet. I am counting calories and drinking a gallon of water a day. If I do not see a difference in what I am doing, I will try it. What is your goal and what are you doing?
Old 06-02-2002, 06:59 PM   #4  
diamondgeog

Default Some very good stuff there starting with common sense

I looked through the various pages and there is some good information there. I have lost over 140lbs the last 2 and half years so I know a bit about success.

The site emphasized determination as very important and I agree. You have to have the view that losing weight is important and you are going to make changes. Obviously when I was at 330lbs for a 5'10" male I was doing things wrong.

So I decided to make eating and lifestyle changes and create new habits for myself NOT to diet. And I did common sense things. Drank much more water, eat slower, reduced (not cut out) fast food, fatty foods, and sugary foods, exercised, and found new healthier foods.

I very much disagree with the website that you can lose weight without exercising, complete rubbish and dangerous. And even if you could (some people could depending on their situation but it is very rare), you would be an unhealthy non-overweight person anyway so what is the point? I also doubt very much that anyone say 25 or more lbs overweight is not eating too much, not the 100lbs mentioned in the website. I have posted elsewhere more information on exactly what I did, but basically you have these checks and you will lose weight: determination?, drinking 'a lot' of water?, eating slower?, smaller but doable portion sizes?, healthy snacking?, exercising? cardio and strength?, patience?, limiting high fat food, fast food and sugar?, eating your fruits and vegetables? There you go, just keep going till you can fill in all those checks, and viola, you WILL lose weight. Trust me.

Larry

Old 06-07-2002, 11:18 AM   #5  

Thanks, Larry. I found your reply VERY helpful. I find myself coming closer to these conclusions each time I fail at some probably very healthy but very strict plan. Your post really does sound like common sense. I'm going to search for some of your posts and read them.

Thanks again,
Katy
Old 06-09-2002, 07:33 AM   #6  

Angry I need a dose of common sense

Hi katy Jenbry and Larry
I sure need to use some common sense....I had lost 20lbs within the last year but they found me again....they seem to know where I live
I hope you guys are having some success. I am beginning today again...if only to drink more water that will be a start.
It`s the munchies that do me in. But I feel I am more determined and that`s a good sign and this website surely helps!
Lots of success to you all Munchieface
Closed Thread