General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 02:17 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 206/175/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Sandy -- not quite single digits, but close

Hi Sandy --

Stats for carriej:

1/1/2000
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 185 (highest)
Bodyfat: 47%
Clothing size: 20

Lost some fat but also some muscle on food pyramid followed by Atkins. Started BFL on 8/20/01.

8/20/2001
Weight: 160
Bodyfat:42%
Clothing size: 16

11/11/2001
Weight: 150
Bodyfat: 33%
Clothing size: 12-14

2/9/2002
Weight: 147
Bodyfat: 30%
Clothing size: 12

5/12/2002
Weight: 145
Bodyfat: 26%
Clothing size: 10 pants, 8 tops

Not all of us make the dramatic changes that Pam and some of the others did, but we still get much-needed fat loss and lean gains. Bodyfat and pants-o-meter changes can be slow after the first challenge, but they still happen. Scale weight isn't a good indicator -- I mostly use it to figure out my lean weight, which has gone up from 92 to 107 lbs!

Carrie
Old 05-14-2002, 03:03 PM   #32  

WOW! Congratulations to all of you! I'm very impressed!

I'm going to quit worrying about the scale and keep working out. I always seem to quit my workouts after about 2 & 1/2 months because the scales never seems to budge much the I get depressed. Well, not this time thanks to all of you. I'm in week 4 of working out and eating right. I'm not doing BFL now but I think I'm going to re-read the book and start next week.

Thanks everyone!

Please continue to add your stats. I need the motivation!

Also, what is everyone's body type and now long before you lost a pant size?
Old 05-14-2002, 07:06 PM   #33  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Default Hey Sandy

Just to add to your last question I am an hourglass shape. I tend to lose weight off my waist and upper body first and my legs last.

I lost my first size at about week 10 of my first challenge. In 2 & 1/2 challenges I have dropped 3 sizes in total.

JC
Old 05-20-2002, 10:47 PM   #34  

MrsJim, why haven't you updated your homepage since Sept? I am so interested to see how you are doing!
Old 05-21-2002, 11:31 AM   #35  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Yah, I know...

I've just been super busy with work, working out, horseback riding, babysitting, etc. etc....

I've been posting my latest pix in the Transformation Gallery at www.leanandstrong.com but one of these days I'll get a few hours to update my Geocities website...

Thanks and take care!
Old 05-21-2002, 05:11 PM   #36  

OK maybe it's just because I'm ignorant or somehow missed the comet everyone else is on but I have to ask- WHAT IS BODY FOR LIFE???? I saw the lean and strong site and still am not quite sure. The results on all those people were amazing!!! I WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM! Already I've passed my mother and am moving on to my Grandmother's size! I've been large ever since I can remember but it went past being large to extra large after the birth of my two children (Barrett is one and Mayra is two). I am at my highest weight now (not including pregnancy weights) of 196 and size 18 - I'm only 21 and the way things go in my family if I don't stop it now it'll just get worse. I feel like I'm running out of hope and TIME. Maybe you've got the answers, because I sure as heck don't! Please help if you can!
Old 05-21-2002, 07:39 PM   #37  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hi Snuggles!!!

Didn't you see the Body for Life Thread on the Diet Plans Forum? Come on in - the water's fine!

Lean & Strong is also a great place to go to ask questions - most of us 3FC BFLers hang out there as well (in fact, Pam Brown is a regular there as you probably figured out by now).

Susanje posts the following at the beginning of each new BFL thread:
Quote:
Basic Body for Life Information

Must Have: Body for Life book by Bill Phillips

BFL eating program in a nutshell (see book for more details): six meals a day 2-3 hours apart consisting of balanced (or close to balanced) protein/carb using fist (carbs) palm (protein) method of measurement. 2 meals a day add green veggies. 8-10 glasses of water per day.

Because of the six meal requirement, some people find it convenient to have Meal Replacement Drinks on hand. This is not a requirement but a convenience.

Meal Replacement Shakes. Look for good ratios of protein to carb and low sugar (Myoplex Lite by EAS and Met Rx not anything like Slimfast [which is all sugar!]) or use Protein Powder and add carbs such as fruit. If you shop at www.netrition.com the page for each product will list carbs/proteins/fats/sugars. check the labels carefully! If you like to add carbs, go for a low carb but keep your protein/carb grams in mind. Some of the protein shakes have protein grams as high as 42 and this is usually too much for one BFL meal for any woman so split these in 2 and add carbs.

Vitamins: suggest multivitamin

Supplements: l-glutamine for faster muscle recovery and immune system (this is not required but almost standard fare on BFL)

Essential Oils: Recommended. Udos is the most recommended.

Workout schedule (see book for more details): 45-60 minutes intense weight trainining 3 times a week working lower and upper body on different days. 20 minutes intense cardio 3 x a week (see the BFL book)

Free Day: One day a week no workout and eat any thing you please, as much as you please.

Rest: 12 weeks of program with one day of rest each week and then one week of rest between each 12 weeks.

Mental requirements: commitment and dedication

Results: AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It gives you a basic rundown, but you really need to read the book to get the full flavor. Check your library - they should have it as it was/is a bestseller! It's a pretty easy read and SO worth it - don't forget the chapter on "Crossing the Abyss".

BFL has totally changed my life - I feel so great, so STRONG and attractive...you have no idea...
Old 05-21-2002, 07:46 PM   #38  

Angry

Thank you so much for the info! If you don't mind my asking, what size are you now, and how does that compare to how much you weigh? I've seen a lot of people saying they weigh a lot but they're sizes were low, like fours!!! I've never been a size four and thinking that I could weigh the same but fit into one of those skimpy nothings is unfathomable!
Old 05-21-2002, 08:45 PM   #39  
Uber-Moderator!!

Actually I AM one of those people.

Begin at the beginning of this thread, I believe I put my stats in there somewhere. I'm a size four myself (my largest size was a 3X or 24/26). I started BFL wearing a size 10.

You can see my latest photos at the www.leanandstrong.com Transformation Gallery...
Old 05-21-2002, 09:02 PM   #40  

MrsJim, I hope you don't mind me me doing this. You are looking sooooooo good, just wanted everyone else to see.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:13 AM   #41  

Thank you for posting thatn Sandy.

MrsJim, you are incredible!!!! You must post that polka dotted dress pix next to that!!!

Woohoo!!!! It is possible for VERY overweight women to be BUFF!!!!! (Thank you Pam and MrsJ for all the inspiration!)
Old 05-22-2002, 06:18 PM   #42  
Uber-Moderator!!

O...M...G...I'm speechless

Hopefully my July pix (remember I'll be at "Lift for the Cure" in July and QZ will be posting pix from the event) will show my legs a lot leaner...

I am honored that I would even be considered anywhere near as inspirational as Pam - but I am glad to help anyone and everyone achieve their goals...

as Pammie says "Go for your dreams!"

(She's gonna be at LFTC too...can't wait to meet her...)

Take care all!
Old 05-23-2002, 11:30 AM   #43  
L&Ser

Default Here's the LftC donation link

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busine...umber=liftcure"
Old 05-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #44  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hi QZ!

Just finished inserting it into my signature here!!!

Thanks dude!
Old 05-27-2002, 05:58 PM   #45  

Listen to two Pam Brown interviews, click below:

http://www.bodychangers.com/pbrown_inter.shtml
Closed Thread