General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 06:04 PM   #31  
ben&jerrys

Good news. I am down another 1.4 pounds for a total of 6.4 in 4 weeks. I am quite pleased with my progress. My counselor is hoping for a week when I will lose like 3 pounds, but I am happy with the current pace.

How is everyone else doing?

My office "Christmas" party is tonight. We always postpone it until the holidays are well over because it is less hectic. Anyhow I am going to try to eat only 1/2 of my meal to avoid doing too much damage.

Take care!

Kirsten

Old 03-01-2001, 06:22 PM   #32  

Kirsten, my weight loss has been just like yours and I too have been very happy with it, I think its' good we are losing consistently and not yo yo ing.3 lbs is unrealistic at this point. Eating 1/2 my meal when going out worked for me and I felt full and not deprived.have fun.

------------------
Kathleen144/132.4/125
Old 03-01-2001, 07:20 PM   #33  

You both are doing great! A one-pound weight loss is very good. My JC counselors said that anything more then 1-1.5 pounds a week isn't sustainable and is mostly water weight.

Have fun at your belated Christmas party and eat well (healthfully).

I don't weigh in until Saturday. I need to get my water in. I've had my oldest daughter home sick alllll week and haven't been drinking the water as often as I should have.
Old 03-02-2001, 03:11 AM   #34  

I am so jealous of you all!! Congrats on the great success with JC.

I tried JC 5 years ago, but quit when I relocated to another state. Then I tried it again 4 years ago, but quit 2 months before my wedding - for money reasons, it was either JC or a reception. The deserts sound wonderful - most of them were new when I left, maybe I would have stayed on a little longer if....

Anyway, I just wanted to add a couple of cents myself - Good for you, staying with a program that works for YOU! Not every program is made for everyone. My favorite thing about JC was that being single (and not a very creative chef) the prepared, planned meals were perfect for me. I just had a hard time with my add-on foods - 5 rolls with soup, a box of crackers for a snack, etc. I just couldn't control myself I love Carbs!

Best of luck to all of you, I think you are a great group, and your motivation and support for eachother is wonderful!

Roo
Old 03-02-2001, 06:56 AM   #35  

Thanks Roo, I needed that. I am single too and money is not a huge issue (since I work a lot and was spending about the same for groceries. I am a lifetime member of WW but the new program doesn't work for me, I have tried dseveral times. JC is great, I love the food and the conveinience. How is married life?

------------------
Kathleen144/132.4/125
Old 03-02-2001, 07:17 AM   #36  
Ready for a change

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

I'm not on Jenny Craig. I am interested in a weekly counselling session and I'm wondering if JC offers that without having to purchase their food. I'm not interested in eating their prepared meals.
Old 03-02-2001, 06:31 PM   #37  
ben&jerrys

KangaRoo - Thanks for the kind words. I know we all appreciate your post. I love the convenience of the prepared foods. I have a different problem than you though, because I have trouble adding all the extra foods. I am good with adding fruits and veggies, but bad with adding rolls, crackers, and olives.

Polly - I do not think they offer a program with only consultations. From what I have read on the Jenny Craig board they don't want to offer anything like that because they can't guarantee anything when it comes to other company's prepared meals. You might want to check the LA Weightloss board because they buy their own food at the grocery, and have weekly one on one consultations. However, they do have to buy bars and pay for all their weight loss weeks up front.

Kathleen and Chris - So good to have you on this journey with me. I'm glad you both agree that a weekly average of 1.5 is good. I ate more at last night's dinner than I wanted to. I don't drink alcohol though so I saved myself from those calories by drinking loads of water. I also gave my boyfriend half of my dessert. He is going to get fat off my diet because I keep giving him things to eat up to get out of my view.

Have a great weekend.

Kirsten

Old 03-03-2001, 06:57 AM   #38  

Hey Guys! I am going back to JC tomorrow and signing up for their current special (30.00 for 1 month plus cost of food). I did JC last year and lost 20 lbs in 2 months, but I have gained it back and then some. Mostly due to bad eating habits and not exercising for a long time. So, I am pissed that I spent all that money last year and didn't do anything to keep it off. Anyhow, I figure going on program for a month will help me lose some weight and then after the month I might do weight watchers. I can only stand the JC food for about 1 or 2 months then it stops appealing to me. So, look for me on this strand to help me out when those darn girl scout cookies start calling my name. Thanks
Old 03-03-2001, 06:59 AM   #39  

Hey Guys! I am going back to JC tomorrow and signing up for their current special (30.00 for 1 month plus cost of food). I did JC last year and lost 20 lbs in 2 months, but I have gained it back and then some. Mostly due to bad eating habits and not exercising for a long time. So, I am pissed that I spent all that money last year and didn't do anything to keep it off. Anyhow, I figure going on program for a month will help me lose some weight and then after the month I might do weight watchers. I can only stand the JC food for about 1 or 2 months then it stops appealing to me. So, look for me on this strand to help me out when those darn girl scout cookies start calling my name. Thanks
Old 03-05-2001, 09:53 AM   #40  

Good Morning All

I did Jenny Craig more than five years ago, and I loved it. It took me 3 months to reach my goal and like many of you mentioned, I lost 1 to 2 lbs at the most weekly. I too was quite pleased that I wasn't yo yoing back and forth and felt that steady progress was fine with me. The reason that I wanted to mention that to all of you is that I've done very well over the years maintaining my weight. Sue I've gained a few pounds but I've been able to get back on track and loose them because I knew what to do for all those weeks of programming from JC and then learning what I needed to do to maintain my weight.

I've gained 6 pounds since the holidays and even though I know what to do I've been up and down every week for the last 2 months. I know that it's time to get serious and I've used 3fatchicks the last couple of years to replace JC for my motivation. I'd love to join this group-I really need your inspiration! It's just too easy to be lazy or in my case give in to temptation here and there and find myself up to the point where I am now. Not that 6 pounds is all that serious, I'm just concerned that I'll, well to be honest be fat again. This is great because I'm really facing how I feel. I hate to start the morning wondering what I'm going to wear. Or putting on something that I want to wear to work and finding that I'm stuffed into it. I really hate that bloated feeling and those little rolls that stick out over my pants. Then I have to find some baggy sweater that will hide it. Then I'm stuck with just a few choices of what I can wear, and I have to give up all those cute little things that I know won't look good. I know all of this sounds too familiar, doesn't it?

I'm in ladies, now I need your help. I have water with me, I have fruit to snack this morning and I've packed Healthy Choice for lunch! So here I am. Starting monday right on track. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels-and drink that water and stay on program. Does anyone have any tricks to stop snacking at night? I'm terrible!

LinnaSue
Old 03-05-2001, 01:33 PM   #41  

Hi everyone!

It was great to read all the new posts today!

I had a 1.8 pound weight loss on Saturday...and as you guys know that's good since i've been struggling with the Girl Scout cookies!!!

Polly-you might go visit a JC center and ask them what type of programs you can do (to save money). Maybe you can not buy the breakfasts or only buy once every other week? Spread the food out, so to speak.

LinnaSue-I think snacking at night is definitely one of my weaknesses. I save a lot of the food I'm "entitled" to each day and have it at night-time..then it feels like I'm doing a lot of snacking!

Okay, my baby is screaming her head off so guess she needs some nursing time! "Talk" to you all later and keep up the good work!

Chris
Old 03-06-2001, 02:40 PM   #42  

Hello to everyone,

Day 2, not to bad I must say. I've found myself reminding myself to take the time to break for that mid morning snack. I've been so busy that I haven't been taking the time for those little breaks. Or if I do notice that I'm a little hungry I don't have something with me. This really is a life long committment. I don't know about you but it is almost impossible to find a nutritous snack out there. It's so easy to give in to the wrong thing went your faced with the choices at Stop and Go's and vending machines. A piece of fruit would be great but where can you find one outside of a grocery store.

I found that carbs are my biggest down fall. I really crave them and I gain weight fast when I over indulge in them. I can't snack on them so I've had to snack on fruit, nuts, or dairy. I think I'm bored with what I've been eating. Maybe this week end I'm check out some cook books at Barnes and Noble-any ideas out there? I reaaly liked JC because there weren't any choices, everything was mapped out and there was a lot of variety.

Hope everyone is well, staying on program. Spring will come, and it will feel great to be back in shape. I'm working on the water.

Linda
Old 03-06-2001, 04:39 PM   #43  

Hi Linda,

Carbs are a big downfall for me, too. Well, carbs and sugar and nuts and cheese (ohhh, cheese...) and just about anything that tastes good! Do you crave just white flour carbs (I do) or do you also want to go nuts when you eat wheat bread or whole grain things?

I don't cook (understatement of the year, and a huge joke with my friends!) so I can't help in the cookbook area. I do know that when I visited Sam's Club a few days ago they had a bunch of cookbooks, reasonably priced, with a variety of themes. Not sure if that helps or not.

Good luck...spring is almost sprung! Unless you're on the East Coast...then it's still in hiding.

Chris
Old 03-07-2001, 10:36 AM   #44  

Can someone explain the Jenny Craig program to me? I never considered it because I thought it was just a bunch of frozen foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner and it just didn't seem worth the money. Now I hear people talking about exchanges which I like, so what exactly is the program?
Old 03-07-2001, 03:33 PM   #45  

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well. I'm pleased-I did quite well yesterday. I stayed on program without thinking much about it. I wonder what makes some days so easy, where some are so hard?

Thanks for your comments backyardbirder! It made my day. I crave white carbs. I don't even buy them, but since I still have a 17 year old daughter at home, we have to have some. I'll give in and eat dry cereal. I hate Lucky Charms, but it's like I have to eat it, and of course, I'll gain 2 pounds. I only really run into trouble during my tom or if I'm stressed out. I've started taking calcium supplements hoping to curb those cravings. I've only been taking them for about a week so it's too early to tell. I'm sure that it will take weeks to notice the difference. On the other hand, calcium certainly won't hurt me, so I plan to continue taking it anyway.

Prettynpink, I would recommend Jenny Craig. When I started I was desperate, so I'm not sure I evaluated it properly. But after months of there meals and menus, I learned to plan my on to maintain my weight loss and that's what really made the difference for me. Learning to eat properly- the food pyramid- really paid off for me. I had no idea what a proper serving was. I completely missed that even those serving sizes of carbohydrates listed on the facts box were actually more like 2 carbs. JC will show you how to count all this by the grams of carbohydrates. You could do this yourself, I'm sure but I really liked the individual coaching. In fact I loved it. When I went through the program there were even weekly group meetings, which I don't think they do any more, at least where I live.

Good luck everone. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Linda
Closed Thread