General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #31  

Counting fat grams worked beautifully for me and I am VERY sorry that I stopped. I gained a lot of weight when I tried other eating approaches so I am going back to fat gram counting. I just hope it is still effective for me as I am now 15 years older!
TexasTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #32  

Well, I'm glad this eating plan is still kind of in existence around here, because that's what I'm doing. I started T Factor today.
sweetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #33  

I used this method back in the 90's to lose pregnancy weight and lost that and way more. I was the smallest I've ever been as an adult using this method. Experienced a death in the family and started emotional eating so gained back all the lost weight plus more

I decided today to get back to business and started looking for my T factor book but can't find it. From previous posts I see it has been updated.

Good luck to all you who are trying to lose weight!
TxSunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #34  

Default Yes! T Factor

I am so back on T factor.I lost 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months on it about 10 years ago. Have gained this past few years. (Mid life, lazy,eating high fat foods again!)
have tried the new points plus WW.. not working very well, and way too much trouble to do points..I already have all the fat grams memorized, and have a ton of great recipes.It is a way of life, pretty easy to KEEP eating that way. I exercised an hour a day last time, am doing that too.this will be my first week back on fat gram counting vs. points. I've got all my T factor books back out-- it's healthy too! I do need a meeting and a weight in so I am sticking with the WW meeting for a couple of months,I think. Or,will start my own group!????
Maddiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #35  

Smile T factor diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSunflower View Post
I used this method back in the 90's to lose pregnancy weight and lost that and way more. I was the smallest I've ever been as an adult using this method. Experienced a death in the family and started emotional eating so gained back all the lost weight plus more

I decided today to get back to business and started looking for my T factor book but can't find it. From previous posts I see it has been updated.

Good luck to all you who are trying to lose weight!
I also used this diet many years ago. I started it again May 1st and have lost 12 pounds so far. I purchased the updated t factor booklet on Walmart website, they don't sell it in their stores. Good Luck to you too
Gabby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #36  

I ordered the book from amazon. They have the upated version there too!

Glad to see fat gram counting isn't entirely dead! I could be wrong, but I heard those on Alli ( the non prescription weight loss drug), must count fat grams too. So I guess we can partially thank Alli for keeping this way of eating going!
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

I'd think that the success of counting fats or not depends on what you find yourself eating the most. All of my extra weight came from overdoing carbs, not fats...I barely ever eat fatty food! Even now, since my fats typically come into my diet with my proteins, I'll limit myself to one fatty protein per day if any at all...like hot dogs or bologna or other 'not so good for you' meats.
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #38  

Just wanted to update my results with the T factor diet. I am now down 21 pounds since May 1st. I purchased a T factor book for my Daughter and she is starting to see results. Good luck to all who are following this diet, keep up the good work!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #39  

Hi everyone. I have another update on my results with the T Factor diet I started on May 1st. I'm am now down 32 and 1/2 pounds. Anyone out there who is still doing this diet? Good Luck to all who are struggling with weight issues
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #40  

I would really like to hear from anyone out there who is still following the t factor diet. I am now down 43 pounds since May of 2011. Maybe we could help each other out with tips on eating healthy low fat foods that taste good and satisfy. Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #41  

Congratulations Gabby11 and thank you to all who have posted about the T Factor! For some reason, I've kept my book although I've thrown out or donated many other diet books over the years. Why did I ever think the newest diet book or plan knew more than I did? Anyway, thank you for the inspiring posts. It'll be interesting to see my results by spring!

Last edited by 2stubborn2giveup; 01-22-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Typo
2stubborn2giveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #42  

Good Luck 2stubborn2giveup! I will keep you posted on my progress. So far I have hit a plateau and waiting for my weight to start dropping again.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #43  
Lis

I have been on this forever and it truely works....I am relieved to see more people than me having brilliant effects of this way...even though I have so much experience my awarenss of others having similar experience is of tremendous value <3
Lis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I think it's not as popular anymore because I think back then people weren't too aware of "good" fats? But I read people still do count fat grams... I know bodybuilders do and try to keep the macro nutrients within a certain range, kind of like the zone diet.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #45  

I stumbled on this site and thought I would sign up and offer my thoughts. I have lost over 120 pounds over a 2 1/2 year period by alternating between a lo carb diet and a lo fat diet. Basically I'm on Atkins from March through September and then I switch to T Factor from October through February. I feel that I have more need of increasing my carb intake during the fall/ winter months, which allows me to eat those delicious Fall fruits which are higher in carbs. I also want some rich soups, dark bread, brown rice, and a potato now and then during the colder months. I cut back of course on the red meats and other higher fat products such as bleu cheese dressing. Anyway I have found that by splitting my diet programs in this fashion, it gives me variety and allows me to continue to lose.
JP Mahler is offline   Reply With Quote