General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:56 AM   #1  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

Unhappy Need help from the ladies

I have this problem and I was wondering if any ladies have it. The problem is that few days before and during my period I get really hungry I could eat now and 2 hrs later I would be so hungry like if i haven't ate anything and be constantly hungry and after my period cycle is over every thing goes back to normal could it be my hormones or what its because when you are on a mission to lose weight it makes you depress thanks ladies for your help.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  
Searching

Sounds pretyy normal. I become ravenous and have cravings. I find pickles, fresh fruit, and having a little of what I crave helpful. Plus taking good care of myself, like a facial, massage, long walk all get me through.

Peace
Miss Chris
Old 09-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #3  

I get like that too. I don't know if I am really hungry or if I am seeking comfort. In any case, it seems normal to me.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

It's very normal to be hungrier during that TOM... Eventhough I don't have periods anymore there are days where I can't seem to stay full ... On regular days I eat every 3-4 hours to keep my blood sugar levels even and this prevents cravings. On other days I get hungrier sooner, these are days when I am busier and exercise more so I get hungry every 2 hours. What I do is eat, I eat a good lean protein like cottage cheese and a fruit, or a protein shake drink with frozen strawberries. There's nothing wrong with eating every few hours as long as you eat something healthy and it doesn't exceed your calories/points for the day, so you have to plan for these extra little meals/snacks... Hope this helps and keep us posted on your progress ...
Old 09-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Same here.

It's bad enough that I have awful mood swings and cry at the drop of a hat, but I have to be hungry and bloated as well.

Apparantly a supplment called Vitex can help with PMS symptoms. I've found it helpful from time to time.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #6  

I'm starving at that time of the month. That's how I know it's about to turn up, I'm ready to eat a whole chicken and a loaf of bread and a container of ice cream. Like Ilene and others have said, I eat regularly (healthy stuff) during the lead up and my period. I try to maintain the same level of exercise, even up it a bit. I find exercise helps with cramps (I am not sure whether this is because I have post exercise soreness which makes the cramps seem light weight in comparison )

And I make some room in my calorie plan for chocolate. I am sure its purely psychological, but I need chocolate when I have my period!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

I crave salty foods, while I am not hungry, I eat far too much to ever be hungry (sigh), I want to eat vast amounts of salty foods. So for the past few months I have been taking vitamins and adding a litre of water a day the week before. It seems to be helping but I still instinctively plan saltier meals.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #8  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

I want to thank all the ladies for your advice and I agree with one of the ladies that I know when I'm going to get my period because I began to get really hungry and usually is 2 days or a day before my period. once again thank you ladies for the great support you all provided for all the members here.
Closed Thread