General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #1  
wanting to be thin

S/C/G: 147/140/118

Height: 5'1ft

Default When did you finally say enoughs enough im doing it this time??

What breaking point was it, for you to say thats it im gonna change my life lose the weight and stick to it! Mine was when I went out with my cousins we took pictures and when I saw how big I was in the photos to my thin cousins I was like oh my god am I that big. I dont know why that did it becuz I have seen pictures of me before and I hated them and I was always miserible about my weight but I guess im just sick and tired of being the "fat" friend.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

When I realized that most of my more recent health problems were more than likely caused by the extra weight. I have endometrial hyperplasia, acid reflux and sleep apnea. I always put off losing the weight, never had time to deal with it and I figured that I want one more baby, so what's the point in losing just to gain it back. Then the health problems started to kick in and now I can't have a baby yet, unless I lose the weight.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/229/150

Height: 5ft7

I decided enough was enough when I went shopping for the first time in ages with my girlie friends and realised that I couldn't fit in any of the clothes in the shops that they were shopping in. My mum had been telling me for ages I needed to lose weight for my health but I didn't listen to her. For some reason this is the first time I've actually stuck with it, and I'm really proud of myself for it
Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #4  

Default great to hear all your stories

.........I guess for me recently I have been feeling as if my weight is slowing me down.....I don't have the energy I would like and can't keep up with my family.

I also realize that I set the tone in my family and when I am eating well and exercising my family tends to be as well.

so here is to another new beginning!

Liz
Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/224/140

Height: 5'4"

On vacation last week when dh took a picture of my backside....not just the backside, but the whole family looking out over a canyon and all I can focus on is my rear! I HAD NO IDEA. Ugh.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Today when I looked in the mirror and I was repulsed by the huge bloated person staring back at me. Eureeka!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #7  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I had my "moment" in March 2006 when I looked down at the scale, saw 296 and just thought I would die if I ever looked down and saw 300....no offense to those of you who do...and not that four more pounds would have made the difference, I just wonder how quickly 300 could become 310,320, etc. I was starting to stretch the limit of my size 28 jeans and didn't know what to do if I couldnt shop Lane Bryant, the only store I really go to.

The girls at work were constantly dieting, trying to lose weight, two of them had fall weddings to look foreward to, so in January I organized a "big loser" contest (yes I am THAT person at your job who plans all the fun stuff to do outside of work, showers, etc....). It would run from Jan-Jun 1st, $10 to buy in, whoever lost the most weight, by percentage, would win it all. We got 11 girls to sign up!!! So $110 on the line....most started out real gung ho, but most slacked off before the end...Well then the scale thing, the pants thing, and I really wanted to win the money!

So I got my butt back to the gym, eating right and the rest is falling into place. The strange thing, is though, that I had joined that gym one year ago, they weighed and measured me and set a customized workout for me. I went for about a month and stopped going, went on to gain 50 pounds or so. So when I went back, I knew I was 296 size 28, snuck back into the gym and did my routine without trying to talk to the trainers. then in July, one of the angels said to me..."I know you've been doing so good, but I know you havent been weighed and measured since you've been back. I know you like to come all in here, listen to your iPod, workout and sneak out, but let's get together, weigh and measure you, and change up your workout to see some real results!" So I did and can you believe those months of working out only put me at nearly the same measurement as I was THE YEAR BEFORE! before I quit and gained a bunch of weight!!!! She changed up my workout, made it better and now I am FLYING!!! The inches are coming off and my energy level is ZOOM!

My kids and my husband have noticed I've been more "playful", at the park, the ballfield, etc.

I want to write more, but gotta hit the gym....keep on plugging along gals!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

I had this thing bothering me on my arm some sort of infection a few weeks back and i had to go to the doctor, while there they weighed me, i stood on the scale for the first time in months and it hit 250, i could feel the tears welling up but didnt say anything, i just shrugged and went hey, im chubby i know it. oh well.. Then when i finally sat down with the doctor he told me that he thought the infection on my arm was because of diabetes... At 20 years old, hearing the word diabetes is terryifing yet it still didnt sink in, now finally this week, after getting pictures the my mom took of me on a recent family vaction, i realize its time for a change. I didnt look healthy in those pictures at all, not just my size but i looked exhausted after a full nights sleep and being awake for only about 3 hours... and i realize now i am always exhausted after moving for like an hour, so i decided its time to change.. and here i am.. And i like to ramble alot, sorry for that
Old 08-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #9  
I AM smiling!!!

S/C/G: 276/252/150

Height: 5'7"

My wake-up call was when I was banging into doorways. I actually misjudged how big I was and I'd always hit the side. At first I didn't think anything of it - just thought I was dizzy or something but then it kept happening. That has never happened to be before - I am now the biggest I've ever been - so that scared me into really thinking about this. This is very embarrassing and I've never told anyone exept at this site but you ladies have been so open and honest about yourselves, I felt I had to do the same.

You ladies are awesome!
Old 08-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I never start dieting until I am READY to lose. Every time I've done this, I've been a successful loser. So how come I never stayed in maintence? Cuz I get preggers! LOL. This time I came close to not continuing out of grief (I say that on so many posts but it really is true) but I am happy that I came back. I tend to get heartily sick of being fat about when my kids turn 3 years old. I'm not sure why. Maybe that's when things start slowing down and I can focus on me. Who knows. I'm struggling this time, but I'm hanging in there. It is funny though that even when I'm sick of being fat, I don't start my diet until I KNOW I'm gonna commit.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 64/60/54 (141/133/119)

Height: 163cm (5'3)

Mine was finding the right diet.

I am one of those people who knew I was gaining every year but I couldn't seem to do anything about it.

Unfortunately, I really like my food so many diets never lasted longer than two days. But as of today, I'm on my THIRD day and feel really content with the way it's going. In case anyone's interested it's the CSIRO total wellbeing diet. CSIRO is the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia's national science agency.

I also have to say, good on you, NurseMichelle, for holding a 'biggest loser' at work. That's a great idea!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:04 AM   #12  
A Perfect Lie

S/C/G: 238/238/140

Height: 5ft6

I realised I needed to do something when I saw the pics from my 21st in feb this year..
Id spent 6 months organising the party and everything was fine.. picked my outifit about 4 months before, thought I looked alright.. and then when I put it on the night of the party, it was tighter and I looked awful.. I didnt tell anyone that of course, but when I got the pics back, I couldnt look at any with me in it!!

On top of that, I have PCOS, and find it hard to lose weight anyway.. But I was told I would start getting my periods again and ovulating, if I could loose some weight and sort out my diet, and as I would love kids in the near future this was another added kick in the *** I needed..

Plus the tiredness all the time, lack of energy, and not even being able to walk up the stairs without feeling tired really made me think!

xx
Old 08-23-2006, 05:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by High C View Post
Mine was finding the right diet.

I am one of those people who knew I was gaining every year but I couldn't seem to do anything about it.

Unfortunately, I really like my food so many diets never lasted longer than two days. But as of today, I'm on my THIRD day and feel really content with the way it's going. In case anyone's interested it's the CSIRO total wellbeing diet. CSIRO is the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia's national science agency.

I also have to say, good on you, NurseMichelle, for holding a 'biggest loser' at work. That's a great idea!
Congrats! The trick to finding the right diet is not which new diet has special powers. The trick is analyzing your lifestyle and finding a diet that will go with it (and one your body responds to).
Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 268/233.8/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart View Post
I tend to get heartily sick of being fat about when my kids turn 3 years old. I'm not sure why. Maybe that's when things start slowing down and I can focus on me.
LOL i'm the same way. when my kid turn 3 is when i finally decide to do something about it. I didn't even notice until my 3rd daughter. But each and every time they were 3..... I think you are right.

Ok what got me started this time besides Luna being 3 : P there were a few factors. First of all my 3 year old aquired staph. Well she gave it to me. And everytime I turned around I had a huge painfull boil in a fat fold. Another reason is when i hit 268 the biggest i've ever been. Another reason is my butt kept knocking stuff off the counters. Well the straw that broke the camels back is when my friend came over and wanted me to go to the lake with her. I am a water baby. I LOVE the lake the ocean whatever gimem some sun and gimme some water. I declined. I for one couldnt' fit in any of my old bathing suits and she is as big as my wrist.... I was depressed. She wanted me to go with her so badly and i told her no. She even offered to buy me a suit and a t shirt to wear over it lol. Well i did get a new suit but i didnt' go and promised her i would go with her in 1 year. I bought the suit to take pictures in during my weight loss. To see for myself excatly how well i'm doing. Every time I put on that suit I look a little better in it.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:34 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7''

I just woke up one morning () and decided that I'd had enough of taking stuff for granted and drifting along....I needed to take control of my life and body. And that was that - haven't looked back since :-)
Closed Thread