General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #1  

Default Upcoming trip need chair advice

Hello All-

Glad to have found you. On the 14th I am going away with my fiance andhis family. We go to a small camp there and my biggest issue is that we sit around a picnic table or in these little outdoor chairs. These chairs do not fit me so I always race to sit on the picnic table or race to sit on a bench but seating is limited and I always am worried about this. I was thinking it would be good to purchase an outdoor chair that would accomodate me so that I dont look like a fool or spend the whole time worrying about it.

Anyone know where you can get a chair like this that would be rated for someone around 340 lbs?

thanks!
Shelly
Old 07-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never had a problem with camping style chairs, even at 350 lbs. I have always been wary of those white plastic ones though but I've never really had an issue.

What I would recommend, for your own peace of mind, is go to a sporting good store and check out their camping style chairs. They may say a weight limit on them but most of them should accomodate over 300 lbs. You can try them out and see what you like.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

My partner and I bought Coleman camp chairs that are extra wide this weekend at Wal-Mart for $13 each...I feel very comfy and very safe in them.
Closed Thread