General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #1  

Default Bathing Suit

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a decent bathing suit? I have been to the mall department stores and several other smaller stores(ex. Target, etc) but I am having no such luck.

The problem I am having is...my breasts are large and don't really fit or they sag because the straps just can't hold them up. Anyhow, I could go on and on, but I know there has to someone on here that might be able to suggest a store or site...

Thank you soooooooooooo very much in advance! (and sorry if I embarrassed anyone) lol

Old 04-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #2  
Meg

I came across an article in today's Washington Post called Suit Yourself: Find a Great Swimsuit Without Going Off the Deep End that talks about the best bathing suits for different figure types. I love the blue suit that they have pictured for the 'well-endowed' figure. Maybe it would give you some ideas?
Old 04-29-2006, 07:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

I have the same problem with very large breasts that no suit will hold in or up... so I "created" one and so far have not been turned away out of any pools. I think a lot of the new suits are kind of made this way so it is not so obvious. I took black biker shorts and cut the sleeves out of a kind of "heavy" T-shirt (only not as stretchy but that style, more solid material) and sewed the sides up to where you can't see in the armholes, and just wear it with the bike shorts. I've been in several pools and no one has objected.

Meg... what am I missing? I went to that site and can't find a picture.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #4  

Thank you Meg and Misti...I looked at the article you gave me Meg...very good...might just be what I am looking for...and Misti...I have worn shorts and shirts in the pool before also...I hate it, but I have done it as well, Thanks again...

If anyone else has anything else to add....please do so!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #5  
Meg

Misti - does the link work at all for you? When I click on the link, I see a slide show of nine bathing suit styles and the 'well-endowed' one is the first one. You don't see that?

If that link doesn't work for you, try www.washingtonpost.com and scroll down until you see 'Sunday Source' on the bottom left of the home page. The 'Suit Yourself article is linked there. Hope it works for you!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #6  

If you have one in your area, a specialty bra shop might have what you need. I'm not talking about a Victoria Secret or the like but one that specializes in fitting women who have had masectomies and other breast altering surgeries. A local hospital can probably point you in the right direction. Anyway, most of these shops also carry fabulous bathing suits, lingere, etc. that are geared towards REAL support. None of the suits I've found at our shop have those flimsy pads or elastic bands. What a joke those are!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

JC Penny has good suits...they run around $69-79, but well worth it!!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/173/150/-112

Height: 5'5

TRY junonia.com they have tankini that have excellent inner sport bra support.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks, Meg... it was my popup blocker. <G> I set it to allow them on the site and it works.

Cindy, I have one made like this and it is by Cherokee but mine has a slimming strip running sideways down the front rather than on the sides but otherwise even close to the same colors. I got it several years ago and actually even have it in two sizes... I just need to lose a bit more weight before I can wear them.

BUT it is GREAT for keeping your boobs secure... it hooks in back behind the neck and is high necked enough so there is NO WAY you can fall out of it. I loved it and can't wait until I can get into mine again.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000BRSC3Y

or similar styles

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html...&node=16002501
Old 04-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #10  

I have not bought from any of these places but you might try

customswimwear.com (just what you'd expect)
bikinihut.us (also custom)
zenaswimwear.com (up to DDD)
pango-pangoswimwear.com (up to F cup/bottoms size 18)
Old 05-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #11  

Thanks again, I am looking at all of the websites that everyone has suggested, and I appreciate them all !!!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:04 AM   #12  
resident lactivist

When I get the money, I'll be ordering a tankini from Decen Exposures. It's going to run upwards of $70, but since I am nursing I need a two-piece, and IMO it does not get any better than a bathing suit with a bra in my size built into it. I need that. I wear a 38J. I need something special-made.

Of course, I am deeply, deeply tempted to just buy a pair of underwear from them in the appropriate fabric, and wear it with the unBra I already have. (It looks a lot like a swimsuit top, & it's made out of lined Lycra.) But a tankini would be better from a nursing standpoint.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #13  
It's up to me this time!

Height: 5'3

Cindy lou, I absolutely hated the thought of a swimsuit for years and years until last year. I had this idea, I found this top I liked it's a tankini and at Walmart you can buy the top and bottom separate. So I picked out the top I liked and went to the men's dept and bought a pair of trunks in the same color, they actually matched perfect, I didn't have to go with black, that's all i've ever bought, this is a deep orangy-peachy color...the top is mixed with the same color and white, I absolutely love it!! I'm actually looking forward to going to the pool this summer! I do actually wear a pair of black "girdle briefs" under the trunks, they have no support! lol

I hope this helps you!
Jeanette
Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #14  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Ohhhhh, I like the figleaves site, linked from the Washington Post article. I've been looking for a two piece with underwire locally to no avail. They have a really nice selection of them. Thanks Meg
Old 05-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #15  

I recently just found underwired bathing suits. I love them. I got them at a discount clothing store. NBC..is what it is called. But Dillards also carries them. I am a 36F so large..and I need the support. I found the tankini works best for me. I love the tops I got!

My daughter who is 15 laughed at me and said Mom your boobs float in the water and sag when you get out.. I said NO MORE...I have lost 70lbs and I want a good suit! It was worth it!
Closed Thread