General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #16  
one leg press at a time

I too am considering a lotus flower on my back. One of the former Firm instructirs opened up a yoga studio and has one on her lower back.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #17  
~*Dreams Can Come True*~

S/C/G: 238/240/130

Height: 5'4

a butterfly because you are finally free from the cucoon!!!! i know, i know, i am a genius! haha, probably somebody else said that already
Old 02-06-2006, 03:41 AM   #18  

Ying Yang, for a sign of finally reaching a balance.
Or japanese symbols for victory, or some kind of cool life living phrase.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #19  

Height: 5"4

I already have 5 so hey whats one more LOL! But yep, I plan on getting one too. I already have a butterfly on my lower back, so I'm not sure what I'll get. But I really like the phoenix idea. And girls, don't worry about the pain. If we can stand to lose weight (which takes sooooooo long) what's an 45 minutes of little stinging pain?!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I like the idea of having one done on the sole of my foot... very nice!

I'd like the idea of a tatoo but I think they can sometimes look a little, well harsh and I don't think I'd want one where it can be seen (yeah I know what's the point!). So surely it would hurt loads on the sole of your foot wouldn't it?? Tell me? I like the "Made in UK" (it would be for me anyway!) I think I have just persuaded myself!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #21  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I have absolutely fallen in love with this design: http://www.deviantart.com/view/21364768/

I think it may be what I get. Love love love it!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I have a fairy on the outside of my ankle with a swirly band and starbursts that wraps the whole way around already. Boy did that hurt on the ankle! I figured that was the safest place to get it at my high weight so there wouldn't be much distortion as I lost.

I'm going to get a couple when I lose weight. One I want is my dog on my back. And I hate to think about it but when he's gone I'll have little wings added to it. The other one I want will disguise my big ugly appendectomy scar. I want two little trees with a vine and monkey swinging from it. I love monkeys and the vine will run along my scar. I might get one on my lower back but I don't know what design yet.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

I love tattoos! I have one on my left ankle of a heart with a red rose through it in memory of the baby lost. With his name underneath it. And yes it does hurt, for a few minutes but it is over before you know it and well worth it! I think a tattoo when you reach goal is a great idea. I too am wanting another, actually two more...a tweety bird and another of some kind on my back with my hubbies names and my childrens names-just haven't found exactly what I am looking for yet. So mine wouldn't be weight loss related. I think you have to find something that has significant meaning to you. A butterfly would be nice but EVERYONE gets a butterfly, a heart or a rose. While the meaning of a phoenix is cool, no offense to anyone, I think they are ugly and more masculine. Guess I am just into the girly ones and ones with color. Good luck finding the RIGHT tattoo for you.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #24  

I already have a tattoo (small dragonfly on the small of my back). I've definately thought of getting another one when I lose a bit more weight. The only problem is I have no idea where to get it. I was thinking about the inside of my ankle, or on my foot... but I'm still unsure. I like the spot I have my current tattoo because it can easily hide it. And it wont get all stretched out when I get pregnant... lol or God forbid... fatter than I am now!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #25  

Okay... my previous post just got deleted instead of posting Basically the gist of it is that I have a tattoo of a dragonfly on the small of my back. I've been wanting to get another one to reward my weight loss. I'm just kind of lost as to where I'd put it. I know I want a lotus flower either on my ankle or foot. I need it somewhere that I can hide if need be. And I want the tattoo in a place that will not get distorted when i get pregnant or God forbid get fatter than I am!!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #26  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

S/C/G: 278/249/170

Height: 5'9"

What a phenominal idea. A constant reminder of a promise to yourself! I would pick something that is small and private and makes you smile. ( a little hershey kiss to show that your kissed your fat goodbye???) A swan, a butterfly, or something more personal. It doesnt have to be "weight loss specific" YOU will always know why it is there!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #27  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi04
A butterfly would be nice but EVERYONE gets a butterfly, a heart or a rose. While the meaning of a phoenix is cool, no offense to anyone, I think they are ugly and more masculine. Guess I am just into the girly ones and ones with color.
But that's because butterflies, hearts & roses are pretty

I've seen some AMAZING tattoos on women that are definitely not flash (no offense to the flash bearers, I am a proud one myself, heh!)... or "girly".

For a gorgeous coffee table book, check out The Illustrated Woman! I have it, very very nice!

For some images from it, check out the below for inspiration (warning if you are opposed: bit of nudity, but all in good taste):

http://www.tattoos.com/gallery/proteus/index.htm

Can't see as much detail as in the real book, but it gives an idea or two...

I've found some cool phoenix images... Russian lacquer work has some amazing ones

I like the phoenix myself because it is a strong, powerful image... Losing weight, and keeping it off, requires a lot of strength!

As far as totem animals go, I've felt mine are either a lion (Leo birth sign) or fox (my middle name, and my mother's maiden name.)

Maybe a really brilliant Japanese-style fox on my back, with a gorgeous full tail... Hmm!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #28  
resident lactivist

Quote:
Sabra: Scarab beetle?
Yes! That is exactly it, thank you. I just couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called! My uncle had a scarab beetle with a feathered band wrapping around one wrist. That's the one I want to copy. (He also had bats flying against a full moon, but that's not exactly my style. )

As far as pain...I've been told it hurts most to get a tattoo where the bones underneath are closest to the skin--your wrists or ankles, collarbone, that sort of thing. I admit I'm taking the easy way here by getting one to cover my c-section scar: I have little to no feeling in the area.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #29  

this is the third time I've posted this... my messages are not going through . Anyways... Basically what I've said was I currently have a tattoo of a dragongly on the small of my back. I love it. Although I have been thinking about getting another tattoo to celebrate my weight loss. I am trying to think of where it would want it though because I like being able to hide it. I am thinking of a lotus flower on the inside of my ankle or foot... I just want a place that the tattoo will not stretch when I (god forbid) get fatter than I am, or pregnant...
Old 02-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #30  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

I think I may get my belly button pierced instead of a tattoo. I will probably never wear anything that will show it, but I'll know it's there and I'll know what it means!
Closed Thread