General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 10:51 PM   #1  
MakingChanges...

Angry Pay Attention Drivers !! @#!&$@!

Okay, So I'm on the phone with my Fiance as he is on his way home from work today... All of a sudden I heard this extremly LOUD CRASH and the phone drops! I hear my Fiance yelling in the background to call the police, only I have no idea at what point on his route home he is... I begin yelling into the phone, asking for his location and then ..... the phone goes dead! I Frantically leave the house, computer on, lights still on, somehow my cat got shut in my bedroom AND I forgot to lock my front door! .. none of which are a good thing, when I live in a row of townhouses .. smh ... But at the time, I didnt care .. someone could have stolen everything I own from my house .. all I wanted was to know my Fiance was SAFE!! Im driving down the road, hands shaking terribly .. I trace his normal route home, hoping he didnt take the interstate ~ luckily he didnt .. I begin to see the flashing lights of ambulances and cop cars and my heart DROPPED!!! I have lost so many loved ones in car accidents, so needless to say, I LOST IT at the scene. A cop comes up to me and asks "are you his fiance?" .. My first thought was 'OMG .. is he dead?" ... I could hardly breathe .. the cop said, "Calm down, he is fine .. Follow me.." .. I asked the cop how he knew it was me .. he said, "well, your fiance said that if he saw a hysterical woman in pajama pants, white sketchers and a baseball cap, that it would be his fiance" .. I was sort of embarassed at first, but I couldnt help but chuckle ... my fiance knows me all too well ... lol Anyways .. we totally got screwed in the deal because the person that hit my fiance, his uncle is a cop in that same area.. he got NO TICKET for hitting my fiance's truck, NO TICKET for driving without a license, which he could not provide for the officer taking the report, and NO TICKET for not providing his registration at the scene! WOW .. I was furious. I worked for the local Sheriff's Office when I lived in MD for almost 10 years, had LOTS of contacts and connections .. but this was ridiculous .. fair is fair .. if it had been the other way around, I KNOW my Fiance would have gotten a ticket. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that NOONE was hurt, but at the same time NOONE should be above the law. Am I wrong for feeling this way? Oh well, even if I am .. I atleast feel better for venting ..
Old 12-04-2005, 01:24 AM   #2  

i agree with no one should be above the law...its the law for a reason X_X

if the other driver doesnt have insurance andthe car was damaged or anything, id definitly get a lawyer...even if its minor stuff...i just hate people who can get away with stuff like that.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #3  
one leg press at a time

That is just wrong. I would get a lawyer and leth them handle it as the accident was not your fault and the other driver broke the law. It seems that with a reletive working there it would be a conflict of interest for charges not to be made..was it his reletive that was at the scene of the accident?
Old 12-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #4  
MakingChanges...

We made some phone calls today, unfortunately every place was closed as it is Sunday..So, we left alot of messages and hopefully will here from a lawyer tomorrow. As for my Fiance, as expected, he is pretty much sore every where today .. I feel bad for him, but guys are worse than women when they are hurt or ill .. blah . it kinda got on my nerves a bit, to be honest .. I guess we were made to tolerate more pain since we go through the most naturally (ie. menstruation, child birth, etc) .. lol .. so I told him to do what we have to do .. pop a couple of ibuprofen and "forget bout it" .. lol

firmgirl, my Fiance said that the cops that were on the scene were all approaching the guy that hit him like they already knew him, and were all like you're so and so's nephew, right? .. so no, his family wasnt actually at the scene ...
Old 12-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #5  

I am sorry he got into an accident, but PLEASE keep him OFF the phone when driving!

You cannot pay 100% attention when talking on the phone in a car, and accidents are easier avoided because you can be defensive. You cannot do that on the phone.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #6  
Too thick

S/C/G: 301(42.0)/*ticker*/190(26.4)

Height: 5'11

Its like that alot. Basically the same thing happened here with the Sheriffs son. He hits a little girl but all the Deputies comes out to check on him!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #7  

I was sitting in a left turn lane yesterday. There is a cop beside me in the lane going straight. When the light turned green I started going through the light, THE COP CUTS ME OFF to turn left in front of me!!! THEN HE WAVES HIS HANDS IN THE AIR AT ME LIKE I DID SOMETHING WRONG!!!!! Oh yeah.....NO lights or sirens on by the way. If I did that to a cop I would have gotten a ticket. Why do they think they can break the rules? I couldn't see his turn signal (obviously!) and I almost hit him. That would have been interesting......
Closed Thread