General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #16  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Hmm...

-Well, when I was in high school, I missed out on joining the navy because I was far too overweight. Too bad, really, because I sure could have used the discipline.

-I've missed out on decent looking pictures of me at family gatherings.

-I missed every dance throughout high school (exception: the opening mixers where you didn't need a date) because no one wanted to ask the chubby chick, and no one would say yes at Sadie Hawkins. (That one's not quite fair, though, because a lot of it was because I'm introverted.)

-I'm not going to be able to buy a new swim suit this year, because by the time I reach my goal weight (which I WILL), they will have been packed away for the season, and I'm not going to spend much money on a suit for the interim, which I will not be able to wear for very long.

-The last is small, and finally no longer the case, but for years, I couldn't clean my wedding ring because I couldn't get it off my finger. I can finally do it now!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #17  
AKA Ruby

I'm not missing out on much... take me to the beach, take me to the pool... I"m a very large woman, but I've lost 63 pounds already... and am determined to take the rest off.. I started at 350 and am down to 288 so you can see I have some way to go.. but I'm not about to miss out on anything... I can walk and get around so much better than before... don't be afraid to get out there and live.. or what other people think.. the only person that matters is you...I put my swim suit on, or my sun dresses...get out there and live.. have a great summer...
Old 06-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #18  
Scrap-aholic

Sunbathing
Swimming...hanging at the beach
Wearing cute clothes
Keeping up with my 3 yr old...I get out of breathe so quickly
sexy underwear
Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alethea
Being super skinny isn't attractive to anyone, let alone boys.
I wouldn't say this is necessarily true, and it may be offensive to some who are naturally quite slim.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:38 PM   #20  

I'm grateful to say that I've had a pretty darn good life in spite of my fat. God worked around my sabotage of myself!!!
I do look forward to getting some pretty undies when I get closer to goal...can't fit in Victoria's Secret yet, but I will. ;-)
Old 07-23-2005, 09:48 PM   #21  
This time I'll do it!!

How my personality has changed:

. Depressed
. Angry
. Shy around men
. Jealous of thin women
. I feel old

Things I'm missing out on:

. Going to the beach
. Shopping with friends (I get invited, but refuse to go)
. Looking young. When I'm thinner, I look at least 10 yrs younger
. Buying cute tops & jeans
. Getting pictures taken
. Having a good sex life with hubby
. Just hanging out. I live in a beach town & never do anything.
Closed Thread