General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 03:59 AM   #1  

Default Expensive Diets

Saw this in the Yahoo lineup, and thought it was interesting.

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/diet_1.html

One thing it confirmed to me is that Jenny Craig is expensive beyond all reason. I tried that program for about a week a couple of years back, but it just burned me to be spending so much money for what I knew I could put together myself for a faction of the cost.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

thats crazy to see all those numbers. I did Jenny Craig for a while back when I was young a single. I lost a lot of weight but put it back on when I started college. Now that I am a mom, I tried it but only lasted about 2 weeks. to much $$$ and to hard to prep that food and food for my son. He always wanted to eat my stuff.
They still keep calling me asking why I'm not coming and I tell them its the money. I'm sure they hear that a lot.
I'm doing WW now and its a lot cheaper in terms of meeting but just buying all the healthy food is really expensive. I'm glad its almost summer and I can get the fruit and veggies at the farmers market for so much cheaper than the store.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 AM   #3  
Flower Fan 86

Wow! Jenny Craig is expensive!

Funny that the Subway diet where you go out and eat was the least expensive.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #4  
Made my Goal weight!

Arg, I did one of those expensive diets, at the time VERY worth it, and I still use some of the ideas from it, but in the end quite expensive....thankfully, I only had to pay for it for a few months...but they add up, but sometimes having to pay an arm and a leg for something provides a motivation to keep going and succeed.

Leanne
Old 04-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #5  

WW does not have to be expensive. I live on a fixed income and buy what is on sale and stay away from out of season fruit and veggies. Your family deserves the same good food you are buying for yourself.
Closed Thread