General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-29-2016, 03:58 AM   #1  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Fibroids?

Does anyone here have any experience with these? I apparently have 2 about the size of a new borns head. One in the back muscle of my uterus and one on a stalk on the left side. My gyno wants to do surgery and take out my uterus because this would be the safest and only way to ensure they don't come back (and need another surgery). The only problem with that is my husband and I were going to try for a baby last year before I got laid off. I still want the baby. The gyno is putting me on meds to shrink the fibroids and if they work I can try to get pregnant in about a year, for a month, before they start to grow again. And there no guarentee that I could even get pregnant or sustain it full term. My husband says he will love and support me no matter which I choose. I feel like giving up and just having the surgery but a large part of me is having a really hard time giving up on a baby. I'm 40 in less than a month so I kind of feel that I've also waited too long. Really I just don't know what to do. I'm terrified of surgery and wishing everything would just go away. I keep wondering what would happen if I just ignored everything and didn't have the surgery. I don't think I have a lot of symptoms but the gyno says I've probably just become accustomed and made allowances for them and I'll feel a lot better after they're gone. I'm just about ready to give up.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

If you get pregnant the fibroids will shrink since their blood supply will be cut off and after birth you could deal with them. But I wouldn't wait any longer to have a child. I got fibroids 10 years after my daughter was born (45) so did surgery. But I know I would have regretted having surgery before having a baby.
Good luck and take care.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:10 PM   #3  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

My mom has fibroids and they are pretty large. She is having a hysterectomy soon and last year had them embolized to shrink them. Personally, I would wait on having the surgery if you want to try for a baby. Maybe consider a second opinion on this. I believe women can still have babies with fibroids. Give the medicine a shot.

Best of luck to you!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:18 AM   #4  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Thanks, I've got a lot to think about.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #5  

Hi sorry about your situation. I can't offer any advice about whether you should try to have a baby first then have surgery however, if you have surgery at some point, research robotic surgery. I had a hysterectomy with this type of surgery and the experience was great, including the recovery. No real scars left either. I wish you well.
Terry23 is offline   Reply With Quote