General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default I love 3fc because!

I can drop in here anytime! That life is good or it sucks!
I was with my 96 year old grandmother, that I was tight with, when she passed yesterday.

I'm still trying to process all of this.

She had a great long life! Crap! She was 96! I can't even imagine,. all of the changes in the world that she lived through!

But! I spent the first 18 years of my life, living on the other side of the barn from her on the farm. I'm the oldest grandkid.

How, do you process all of this? She was ALWAYS THERE! I was there when she passed.

She is in a better place, but I feel kind of lost!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

Granted, Gramma was a cranky old gal, and there was never any question, about what was on her mind! And she could be more stubborn, than all get out!

But wow, what a woman! She buried her 2 oldest children. My Dad, and my favorite uncle. Parents are not supposed to outlive their kids!

I just need somewhere, to take a moment! Family, was there! One of grandma's children, the other 2 could have showed up! Opted OUT!

But, that is ok! Aunt Linda, and a butt load of grand kids and great grand kids! We stuck by her!

I don't even know if I have a point anymore. I don't really know how to explain how I feel right now.

I'm 55, she was 96! She has always been there, and now, she is gone.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #3  

Sending cyber hugs. She'll always be watching over you. Take time to grieve and remember her and know she'll live on in all of you.
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I was very close with my Grandmother as well. It is hard.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #5  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

I'm so sorry for your loss. ♥ Grief takes a long time to process through and we never completely get over losing someone, but she is still there watching over you. ♥
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:48 PM   #6  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

It sucks. My grandma passed at 97 and was also awesome. I told her a couple weeks beforehand that it was great to have a compass - that there was never a situation where I was confused, that I could not ask "What would Grandma do?" and find the right path. That's a legacy - and man, I hope I can do half as well. She's still there. Maybe not for hugs, but you can still have the conversations. (I recommend using your inside voice, or you will get some very strange looks. )

Last edited by ICUwishing; 03-29-2015 at 08:48 PM.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:16 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

Thank you for the kind thoughts!

I learned a lot from her! And from my other grandmother, that is 97! And still hanging in there!

After spending some time thinking about it. I've realized, "OLD PEOPLE! Know "STUFF!" Stuff, that very few people know today, or bother to pass on to their children!

These are things, that can't be replicated in the class room.

A long time ago, when I was young and thought I knew everything, I thought they were silly.

Now, as a gramma, I find, that the memories I have, of the time I spent with them, are the memories I want to create with my grandchildren. I did these things with my kids too.

Awhile back, I had the opportunity to make home made noodles with one of my granddaughters, just like I did with her dad and her twin brother. What a hoot!

It's a messy business! But so fun! Flour, slop it around, crack eggs! Stir, roll, flour, and so on and so forth!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:00 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

While is was a sad thing, that Gramma, passed, at the same time, it was the first time in 14 years that all of the first cousins got together! Then we took generation pictures! What a hoot! We are a HERD!

We had a good time, catching up, telling old stories, reliving memories!

Every one had there own memory of gramma. But it all melted into one big, yup! Born in 1918, died in 2015! You can't argue the life she lived, and the lessons we learned from that special person!
Old 04-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

DH and I were just discussing how sad it is that our families only seem to get together at funerals. We promise to keep in touch, but it's forgotten. I'm sorry to hear that your grandma passed away. You were very lucky to have so much time with her. We lived out of state and I didn't even meet my grandma until I was 7 and she passed away when I was 10. I have very few memories of her, but the ones I have are precious.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Sending love and peace your way! She sounds like she was one amazing woman!

My grandma passed away in January...she was 94. Today I took the oil painting my great grandmother painted (for my grandparents' wedding back in 1943) to get reframed. I am so excited because it is going to be absolutely stunning when it is done! It is a really wonderful way to honor my family.
Melissac1972 is offline   Reply With Quote